The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Teebin I agree with you & others 200% but with the package people they very well may try to do most of the celebrating in a timely fashion with a party after the park closes. I am in no way saying anyone should go on the 18th & expect to get in because I doubt it will happen. I am saying there is let's say a 5% chance it will be open for a few hrs. to the package people on that day but AGAIN I highly doubt it. This would just be to keep them happy & cover Universal's own __ a bit. (AKA the public is still screwed)

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that UC wasn't even invited to the grand opening event. That's cold.

Believe it friend.

--- Update ---

Well, keep in mind, they have already seen it ad nauseam and are probably SICK of it by now...

Yep. For sure. However, while all men grow sick of their nagging wives while they're pregnant, but they still would be sad if they're weren't holding their wife's hand when their baby is born.

Bittersweet not to be there after working 3-5 years on something...and then getting a pinks slip instead of an invite. I'll "pour a little out," while I'm sitting by the pool, for them all on the 18th.

Teebin I agree with you & others 200% but with the package people...

I was not aware that there were any tourist packages being sold throughout June. The UO website has packages for travel 6/18 - 12/31. To me, that means arrive on the 18th and get in on the 19th. I would expect most on site rooms are booked with press and luminaries so you couldn't book then anyway. What were the original packages that they offered starting in late May? Was there an end date on those?

Teebin the old packages started I believe May 28th & had the end date of the end of the year also. I agree though tech. the newer packages can't check in until the afternoon of the 18th in turn not allowing them the early admission or breakfast on that day itself. I was more focused on the older package people even though I really personally don't care it's not my guest service nightmare I have to deal with

Teebin the old packages started I believe May 28th & had the end date of the end of the year also. I agree though tech. the newer packages can't check in until the afternoon of the 18th in turn not allowing them the early admission or breakfast on that day itself. I was more focused on the older package people even though I really personally don't care it's not my guest service nightmare I have to deal with

I will agree with some of you hopefuls on here... Universal's press release should not have used the word "public" as you can see below. Yeeeesh.

ORLANDO, Fla. (March 25, 2010) - One of the most widely anticipated theme park entertainment experiences ever created - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort - is set for a public grand opening on June 18.

I was at IOA yesterday walking the park. I took some time to sit at several different spots around the park, on the lagoon. I have to say, after being an avid IOA lover since it opened...it finally feels complete with WWoHP in the skyline. I never could put my finger on it before, but now that it's there, I kind of feel at peace with IOA now.

LOL, but really!!!!

Anyone here with insider knowledge of the WW know about some kind of kerfluffle that took place this past Thursday. I have heard a rumor that there was extended "heavy radio traffic" between VIP's and others regarding the WW and "something going down and not functioning as it should". Anyone here have any knowledge of this and what might have occurred to involve VIP's in the radio traffic? It was described to me as somewhat "urgent" sounding.

Really even if one of us did know something Teebin would we really admit to it with the whip being cracked so hard recently. But it's an interesting event to say the least no matter what was going on.

I "heard" it was a good visit. I "heard" it has been planned for some time. It "heard" it was a huge dress rehursal for one of the 400 owners of Universal. The owner who also invests in other theme parks...red gravel??? brown boulder??? purple pebble???? The thing that wasn't funtioning that day was the weather! HUMIDITY!!!!

I "heard" it was a good visit. I "heard" it has been planned for some time. It "heard" it was a huge dress rehursal for one of the 400 owners of Universal. The owner who also invests in other theme parks...red gravel??? brown boulder??? purple pebble???? The thing that wasn't funtioning that day was the weather! HUMIDITY!!!!

Blackstone Group, maybe. :)

Ok, time to end my stupid quiz as I guess it was too impossible to know or even find out... (even though it was not impossible to find out).

I have had quite a few PM me with their guesses, yet none of them were correct. If anyone here dares to state "oh, I knew that" then please everyone... roll your eyes at said member.

For the very few of you that know my AIM name... send me a IM and I will show you how I know this. It will get you a bit tingly... and yet you will hate me at the same time.

Ok the building number for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is:

Building 245