The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Scroll back, I just posted pictures. This was the day before EE's QUOTE "Grand Opening". Major theme park Grand Openings are NOT, and NEVER HAVE BEEN open to the public in recent memory. I promise you that this is truly the case with this mega attraction. I am not trying to be a jerk... but my pictures above speak for themselves. You couldn't get NEAR EE.

As you said though, that was the day before the grand opening. There may be a media only day but I don't see it being the 18th. They are advertising that as the grand opening and have never stated that the day will be off limits to guests. If it somehow is, this will be a massive issue caused by Universal.

As you said though, that was the day before the grand opening. There may be a media only day but I don't see it being the 18th. They are advertising that as the grand opening and have never stated that the day will be off limits to guests. If it somehow is, this will be a massive issue caused by Universal.

Sorry... Here is proof that it went on into the night on April 7, 2006. Everyone there has private lanyards. No regular guests at all. None. These are bankers, news people, magazine and newspaper writers and photographers, investors, local orlando officials and theme park news websites, yada yada yada that partied into the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQphZkhjUDc

Teebin once told people here when they might want to go. Now Teebin is telling you when NOT to go... and that is June 16th, 17th, 18th, and maybe even 19th.

You more than likely see me there on June 8th.

Last edited:
db_2009_0707_StrongarmParking1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this.... it is really fun. Something that a few of you may not know... the outline of the green splat is the Universal Creative logo.

I unfortunatelly have to work on Friday June 18th, but regardless of that and even if it won't be open to public, I'm gonna head over to IoA the afternoon of the 18th to try to see what I can get. I actually might even try to call in sick and go all day on the 18th :) and then I'll go again very early Saturday the 19th and very often from then on... Grand Opening is SO close and that means that passholder previews and softs are even closer!!! Less than a month and a half away!!!!

:happy: I'M EXCITED :happy:

I unfortunatelly have to work on Friday June 18th, but regardless of that and even if it won't be open to public, I'm gonna head over to IoA the afternoon of the 18th to try to see what I can get. I actually might even try to call in sick and go all day on the 18th :) and then I'll go again very early Saturday the 19th and very often from then on... Grand Opening is SO close and that means that passholder previews and softs are even closer!!! Less than a month and a half away!!!!

:happy: I'M EXCITED :happy:

That's the spirit! Go if you want to be a part of it, even if it is a distant part. And I am not being sarcastic... there are good reasons to see big events happening from a distance as you can see from my "day before" pictures. 90% of my pictures that day were of the media presence... so they were animals on display that day for me... from all over the world. I had never seen such a spectacle nor did I know that there are fiber optic phone connections built into every inch of a park. That is the flame tree dining area in those pictures... and after they left I looked in the bushes... and there are (I am going to get the name wrong) but something like Reedy Creek Telecommunications Co." terminals in the ground everywhere.

Go if you are skippy hippy happy and want to see spectacle. It will be big and will continue long past the time you are ushered out of the park.

It may not be open to the general public on June 18th by the start of the day and there will be many people who are not allowed in due to capacity and safety issues and even more people who did not get to see everything they wanted to but at some point guests will be allowed in on June 18th.

You don't tell the world that Opens June 18th without letting it actually be open to it.

18th Universal will get there money, technically it will be open. YOU just won't be going in the WW. Unless you helped create it, or are promoting it.

It may not be open to the general public on June 18th by the start of the day and there will be many people who are not allowed in due to capacity and safety issues and even more people who did not get to see everything they wanted to but at some point guests will be allowed in on June 18th.

You don't tell the world that Opens June 18th without letting it actually be open to it.

Geeez.... Yes they do announce grand openings and not let people in. Let me ask you. Have you ever been to a Disney or Universal opening of a 150 - 300 million dollar attraction? Have you ridden the ride on that grand opening day as a regular passholder or tourist? I feel like friggin Gandalf here... "Dear Frodo, I am trying to help you!". What is odd... none of the people here that should know are backing me up.... admins are young... so might not know. Great posters haven't lived here that long and don't know. Anyone here attend the Expedition Everest grand opening?

No matter when they have the media there it will cause guest complaints. Think about it this way if it's on June 18th itself & guests (& package people) can't get in on the "opening day" we can all imagine the nightmare to come even if this is standard for openings to have the "opening day" be a media only event. If they have the media day before than well same idea because the packages start the end of this month so no matter what someone is going to be POed.

Geeez.... Yes they do announce grand openings and not let people in. Let me ask you. Have you ever been to a Disney or Universal opening of a 150 - 300 million dollar attraction? Have you ridden the ride on that grand opening day as a regular passholder or tourist? I feel like friggin Gandalf here... "Dear Frodo, I am trying to help you!". What is odd... none of the people here that should know are backing me up.... admins are young... so might not know. Great posters haven't lived here that long and don't know. Anyone here attend the Expedition Everest grand opening?

My dad and my cousin went to the grand opening of EE. I wasn't allowed to go. They said they weren't allowed to get on because they arrived too late.

Last edited:

It is not that we do not believe you, it is just that we don't want to believe that Universal could make such a moronic mistake to announce June 18th to the world and all these people are going to show up to only not be able to be let in AT ALL on that day.

Incredibly dumb move when you can still have a whiz bang ceremony in the morning and the celebs, creators and their personal guests can enjoy it the few days before or durring non general public guest hours.

So again, its not that people don't want to believe you..they just hate to see something backfire on something they are hoping a company they enjoy and care about does not piss people off in such a dumb way.

That's the spirit! Go if you want to be a part of it, even if it is a distant part. And I am not being sarcastic... there are good reasons to see big events happening from a distance as you can see from my "day before" pictures. 90% of my pictures that day were of the media presence... so they were animals on display that day for me... from all over the world. I had never seen such a spectacle nor did I know that there are fiber optic phone connections built into every inch of a park. That is the flame tree dining area in those pictures... and after they left I looked in the bushes... and there are (I am going to get the name wrong) but something like Reedy Creek Telecommunications Co." terminals in the ground everywhere.

Go if you are skippy hippy happy and want to see spectacle. It will be big and will continue long past the time you are ushered out of the park.

I know you're not being sarcastic ;-) and I'm not expecting to be up-close and shaking hands with the stars of the movies and Jo Rowling (I WISH! haha!). I just want to be present and get a peek of the huge event, even if it's from afar. It's gonna be an opportunity and an experience that doesn't present itself often :)

Its gone by quick. I remember when they were just building the temporary bridge.

I know! I remember riding Unicorn just to get a peek at the construction workers clearing the ground to begin the foundation for Hogwarts! That was like 2 years ago! wow! time flies!

Darn... I meant to post this way earlier today but the spoiler thingy came up and turned into a mess of apologies.

So, someone that I respect on here PM'd me and asked what the point was of me posting the Building number Quiz. Upon reflection... in which I thought many of you would have laughed at me and posted the number; I realize that building numbers are not obvious to everyone employed or otherwise.

Now... I know the number for a totally different reason than the hint I am about to give, I wanted to prove to myself that I could have found it out had I not known. I have done this today by a simple phone call.

Hint: Why are all of the major buildings on UO property numbered? Why? Seek logic and there you will find the lead to your answer. Then you will have to be brave and follow it through.