The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! I was hoping as a birthday present on Monday would get another update or something alas it didn't happen. :( However, I have enjoyed the riddles from Teebin. Sorry you are getting some slack about that but never fret some of us still appreciate it. On to the discussion of butterbeer & pumpkin juice. I am looking forward to both! Especially since I don't want to hurt pumpkin juice's feeling. I am also looking forward to the ice cream. I can't wait for this park to open (not so I can go, I'm booked to go later this year) because I can't wait to hear from everyone who has gone how wonderful it is & to see pictures.Also.. I like waffles. Especially with lots of maple syrup

Once again this place has some bashers for some reason. Move along

Love waffles
Pretzels are better though... and a riddle or 2 (or more) ;)

hey, if disney can make them in the shape of mickeys... lol

I was wondering if the snow would be constent as well... if not that would disappointing, unless the snows only in fj queve.

God, I really hope that the only snow there will be in the WWoHP isn't that of the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom and we've blown it out of proportion! I hope that at least the winter months or some event like "Christmas in Hogsmeade" will bring us snow to the entire village!

Last edited:
God, I really hope that the only snow there will be in the WWoHP is that of the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom and we've blown it out of proportion! I hope that at least during the winter months or some event like "Christmas in Hogsmeade" will bring us snow to the entire village!

True... the only clue we have are the slip test pictures... and that was on wood plank themed materials, not cobblestone themed.

BTW... I have been peeking all day and read some of your ideas regarding the secret alley. Each of you, I am sorry to tell you that you are the last team to arrive. And I am very sad to tell you... the is a non-elimination leg of the race and you will have to endure at least one more week! (now everyone hugs and sobs etc...)

Last edited:
Happy Sinko de Freethrow everyone, was out at the parks earlier today and wanted to share some pictures with all of you. Since nothing has really changed I kind of tried to be creative from different angles but ehh I don't know. There are markers with paint all over Hogsmeade where they are going to apply more snow. Shout out to fellow OU member (theLastAshen) out there today, glad to see you guys again. I am going to spread this out over two rounds of pics, here we go!

nzpv93.jpg

zxs12q.jpg

epg9df.jpg

2rm9wxv.jpg

1z1eljc.jpg

20iggfp.jpg

10msrhg.jpg

^SECURITY WAS TIGHT LET ME TELL, I MEAN THESE GUYS BACKED ME OFF THE WALL TWICE^

o8cjky.jpg

wbrskm.jpg

wth8cg.jpg

6pnj1g.jpg

280skzc.jpg

2w3rrdl.jpg

spkhuv.jpg

2d1r2ae.jpg

All right that's it for now, I will have part 2 as well HRRR photos, and IOA parkwide photos for those interested in the correct sections up later tonight. As always thanks for reading.

So once again, my job at a Florida grocery store has proven to be pretty beneficial to my Wizarding World updates.

This first picture is an excerpt from the May issue of our company newsletter.

offerk.jpg

This second picture is from my store's gift card rack (There is no gift card attached, it is just there as a notice).

ticketan.jpg

I take this to mean that Universal is going to sell tickets advertising the soft openings. They're going to put out gift cards, for the regular admission price, but they will say something like, "Come now to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter BEFORE the Grand Opening in June!"

I didn't get a chance to ask today, but my guess is that my store already has these gift cards, but can't display them yet. They probably came in a box that said "DO NOT DISPLAY UNTIL ________" When I find out what that do not display date is I will let you all know, because that is going to be the soft opening date.

True... the only clue we have are the slip test pictures... and that was on wood plank themed materials, not cobblestone themed.

BTW... I have been peeking all day and read some of your ideas regarding the secret alley. Each of you, I am sorry to tell you that you are the last team to arrive. And I am very sad to tell you... the is a non-elimination leg of the race and you will have to endure at least one more week! (now everyone hugs and sobs etc...)

It would be SO dissappointing if we've blown it out of proportion! I am really hoping for some "real" snow.
PS: I love the Amazing Race! :D Are you watching this season? I want the cowboys to win! :)

Thanks for the pics hatetofly! Can't wait for the rest!!

So once again, my job at a Florida grocery store has proven to be pretty beneficial to my Wizarding World updates.

This first picture is an excerpt from the May issue of our company newsletter.

offerk.jpg

This second picture is from my store's gift card rack (There is no gift card attached, it is just there as a notice).

ticketan.jpg

I take this to mean that Universal is going to sell tickets advertising the soft openings. They're going to put out gift cards, for the regular admission price, but they will say something like, "Come now to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter BEFORE the Grand Opening in June!"

I didn't get a chance to ask today, but my guess is that my store already has these gift cards, but can't display them yet. They probably came in a box that said "DO NOT DISPLAY UNTIL ________" When I find out what that do not display date is I will let you all know, because that is going to be the soft opening date.

I doubt it will have a soft opening date. I think it most likely will be tickets with a WWoHP theming. I know Publix usually sells tickets to different theme parks, so I don't think it will be more special than a HP themed ticket. (And by that I mean a regular ticket with a picture of Harry on it). Can't wait to hear more, though! Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the pictures Hatetofly! That hole above the popcorn stand in JP makes me... unhappy... it was at one time this:

PICT0133.jpg

PS: I love the Amazing Race! :D Are you watching this season? I want the cowboys to win! :)

Yep, and I thought I was going to hate the Texans... but they have both turned out to be very good and charming to boot.

Last edited:
I doubt it will have a soft opening date. I think it most likely will be tickets with a WWoHP theming. I know Publix usually sells tickets to different theme parks, so I don't think it will be more special than a HP themed ticket. (And by that I mean a regular ticket with a picture of Harry on it). Can't wait to hear more, though! Thanks for the update!

The newsletter says that the store will be offering, "limited edition tickets to the attraction before it opens." When I first read that it sounded like they were selling tickets to Florida residents to get in before the Grand Opening. But it could also mean that they are going to sell tickets before the Grand Opening, that won't be active until after June 18th... which in hind sight makes more sense.

The newsletter says that the store will be offering, "limited edition tickets to the attraction before it opens." When I first read that it sounded like they were selling tickets to Florida residents to get in before the Grand Opening. But it could also mean that they are going to sell tickets before the Grand Opening, that won't be active until after June 18th... which in hind sight makes more sense.

That's what I was thinking. They seem to be advertising the fact that they'll be selling tickets before they are regularly available, like an exclusive pre-sale sort of thing.

Yep, and I thought I was going to hate the Texans... but they have both turned out to be very good and charming to boot.
Yah, at first I wasn't into them much, but they grew on me so much that I think they should win :)

Going back to waffles and breakfast... What breakfast items do you guys think there will be at the WWoHP? We've heard about breakfast-inclusive packages and different lunch/dinner-type foods and desserts, but I don't think we've heard of any breakfast foods... Are there any foods that are typical and healthy in British breakfasts?

Happy Sinko de Freethrow everyone, was out at the parks earlier today and wanted to share some pictures with all of you. Since nothing has really changed I kind of tried to be creative from different angles but ehh I don't know. There are markers with paint all over Hogsmeade where they are going to apply more snow. Shout out to fellow OU member (theLastAshen) out there today, glad to see you guys again. I am going to spread this out over two rounds of pics, here we go!

nzpv93.jpg

zxs12q.jpg

epg9df.jpg

2rm9wxv.jpg

1z1eljc.jpg

20iggfp.jpg

10msrhg.jpg

^SECURITY WAS TIGHT LET ME TELL, I MEAN THESE GUYS BACKED ME OFF THE WALL TWICE^

o8cjky.jpg

wbrskm.jpg

wth8cg.jpg

6pnj1g.jpg

280skzc.jpg

2w3rrdl.jpg

spkhuv.jpg

2d1r2ae.jpg

All right that's it for now, I will have part 2 as well HRRR photos, and IOA parkwide photos for those interested in the correct sections up later tonight. As always thanks for reading.

its_beautiful.jpg

Great pics! Much appreciated! :thumbs:

Ack! Attack ducks!!! I love that pic.

This fat girl is going to share the love between Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice. I don't discriminate. ;)

Mmmm, waffles, pretzels, butterbeer, pumpkin juice....*insert Homer style drooling here*