The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 226 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can anyone help me find the video posted a week or so ago? It was a person recording the walk under the tarps and when the person came out the music synced perfectly with the appearance of the castle, I can't find it. :(

I just brought myself to watch that video for the first time. I cried. My nose is still stuffy. Universal, I am going to be nice about this. I need to go to this place as soon as possible. I am losing SLEEP. I'm made fun of in school for being the Wizarding World nerd. Don't make me lose my patience. Push your workers. I know that I'm not alone within these words. I also think it's in your best interest. Please.

Is it weird V!OLAPLAYER just read out my day to day life :stunned:

--- Update ---

THERE WE GO! I love you guys, lol. I needed to show this to a friend and I was searching frantically though all these pages, haha.

For what it's worth you both just got major rep from me!

Thanks ralph got my third green bit now XD

Sniper you seem like a nice guys but your birdie sadly just seem to be some reports like the American Scenic as far as what props & a brief mention about broomsticks. The details of the kitchen would be great but it seem like just an active imagination based on the few small reports we have heard. Also saying you have a "map" of FJ almost right away is a sign of if by a far off chance if I really had the layout of the ride I don't care if Universal hunts me down. Let's be honest here because there have been too many false alarms & saying you have the layout of the ride than just dropping details we all know is a bad first impression & a good sign of what you do know.

I WANT TO SAY IT ONE MORE TIME until we hear a official day for a TM preview don't bother mentioning a date for softs it's not worth the disappointment or getting your hopes up. Like I said just be happy if there is ANY public soft before those package people role into town because it's going to be close

just want to make sure i understand you. if you are new on here you shouldn't post any information but if u are a seaoned vet. then its okay. Finally please don't tell people what they can and cannot talk about. if they have a theory and present it in a way that its obvious that its speculation then whats the harm.

I had a....disturbing?....thought this evening. I wonder if OU has decided to try and monetize a soft opening. They sell packages 3 weeks before the grand opening. They control the number of packages they sell and therefore the number of people who can get in. They get to kick people out at a specified time and there's language in there protecting them if any rides are down. This all sounds like a great set of conditions for testing.

What do you guys think? Would UO risk a PR nightmare by having package-buyers be the first folks into the new area (and therefore increase the risk of rides going down)? Would the number of people be enough to truly test all the systems?

I think if they can monetize anything they will however I think they are just running tight on getting things done. The PR would have been scheduled to build things progressively with the fan site releases etc however that has now lost shape which suggests to me things have slowed down from the orginal planned schedule of completion.

I had a....disturbing?....thought this evening. I wonder if OU has decided to try and monetize a soft opening. They sell packages 3 weeks before the grand opening. They control the number of packages they sell and therefore the number of people who can get in. They get to kick people out at a specified time and there's language in there protecting them if any rides are down. This all sounds like a great set of conditions for testing.

What do you guys think? Would UO risk a PR nightmare by having package-buyers be the first folks into the new area (and therefore increase the risk of rides going down)? Would the number of people be enough to truly test all the systems?

Very doubtful...they want as many people as they can get in there buying things ASAP

I'd imagine the profits they will make from merchandise in the WWOHP area will far exceed the profits from tickets, packages etc. so I'd imagine them wanting to flush people through the area a.s.a.p. rather than just package holders.

DisFreakBrent,

Do you think there is a chance that FJ will be open in time for the May 28 package holders? That's only three weeks from grand opening, and I would think they'd need that much time to test it. Are the other two rides up and running now? Someone had posted they thought all the rides, including FJ, would have to be running or they wouldn't open any of them.

I'm guessing that Monday will be the execs going through to see the World. Kind of like the infamous day we were all excited to see stuff rolling in, people in costume. The next Monday is the travel agents. 11 days after that is the first day of package holder's visits. Hopefully sometime between point A and C we will get some more info from Uni. I think the worst part of it all is not knowing or seeing anything new for long periods of time. They were doing so good with their press releases and fansite reports.

During the Sponsored events the parks usually go WILD.

I can remember from the Seaworld 2001 Powwow evening event, that Seaworld brought in tons of extra sounds, light and several acts on top of the already existing Shamu Show and Bayside stadium show. Actually, there was a full dress rehearsal of those special shows the night before. Also, the full marketing staff was in the park, to host and guide event participants.

No question that Universal will use the WWOHP for Powwow to sample the area, question is only how much of it wil be used.
As they are the people that are going to sell the product in the market, I can imagine that they will get the real deal.

Did the Powwow event at SeaWorld happen during operating hours or after hours?

The Disney and SeaWorld PowWow events in 2007 happened after hours. I didn't go to the Universal one. It's basically a private event/park buyout, but in this case, the park is hosting it and footing the bill. And you wouldn't believe the amount of free food and booze!

I don't have "proof" to prove this as fact, but I think the circumstances speak for themselves. HP packages were sold (and UO hasn't backed out of them, so they have to provide the good that they've sold) beginning May 28th. Grand Opening is June 18th. What else could it be?

Every other "soft opening" referred to in this discussion has been of a single attraction (Mummy, Simpsons, HRRR) -- not an entire Island. Think of the control issues that Hogsmeade alone would pose -- the nooks, crannies, alleys, and stores could hide would-be stragglers for hours. Flushing the queue of FJ sounds like an epic event all by itself. Getting people in (a mob, silly-stupid inside and angry as hell outside) and getting people out would take more man-power and hours (=$$$) than I bet UO is willing to pay us to test out their new ride. To "soft" open this Island (for no added charge to the ticket) would be a managerial nightmare -- all security would be lost, almost no control possible.

I'm honestly ashamed that I didn't think about this before. OF COURSE they SOLD packages for their soft openings and included wording to protect themselves. By selling it, they control it. By limiting soft opening entrance to a paid-for package, not only to they begin the make bank on their investment, but they maintain control over it -- when you can be in WWoHP, for how long, where you can go, and whether you can whine if something breaks. The greater the price tag, the greater need for control -- a trend that is supported by Uni Legal's involvement even in this site. We can give away information, rumors, and insider-only knowledge for the cost of an internet connection -- Universal pays millions to advertise the same stuff.

If you have a package after May 28th, I'd bet the price of that package that you will step foot in WWoHP and ride FJ before the rest of us. They can't sell it unless they can provide it. I believe that's the law. If you DON'T have a package and you're not a TM (assuming they even do TM previews, which they CAN control), then enjoy the countdown to June 18th.

Last edited: