The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 228 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hello all! This is my first time posting after years of stalking this and the previous thred. I finally got up the courage to join 2 months ago, and the extra courage to post today! I feel like I know every single one of you. I have been here since the beginning. Witnessed the ups and downs, experienced sas, and of course disneyhead and teebin, who I feel are like family! Anyways I had a point, after booking my vacation a year ago, I finally get to enjoy it next week the 12-17. I am now aware that even with my careful planning, there is a slim chance I will get to experience anything harry potter. I was convinced it would be open for next week, but alas :(. Anyways lets take a poll. What do you all think my chances of ANYTHiNG open, even hogsmead? Ps sorry or typos or anything im on my iphone.

Hello all! This is my first time posting after years of stalking this and the previous thred. I finally got up the courage to join 2 months ago, and the extra courage to post today! I feel like I know every single one of you. I have been here since the beginning. Witnessed the ups and downs, experienced sas, and of course disneyhead and teebin, who I feel are like family! Anyways I had a point, after booking my vacation a year ago, I finally get to enjoy it next week the 12-17. I am now aware that even with my careful planning, there is a slim chance I will get to experience anything harry potter. I was convinced it would be open for next week, but alas :(. Anyways lets take a poll. What do you all think my chances of ANYTHiNG open, even hogsmead? Ps sorry or typos or anything im on my iphone.

First off, WELCOME! Well, there won't be separate pieces opening, Uni is required to open everything at once. So it'll be all or nothing. Hmmm, you leave the 17th? That's eleven days before the package holders get "exclusivity." Also, just remembered the 17th is the day that the Travel Writers (right?) get a crack at the place. I don't think they'll have softs before the big 17th preview for them. :(

First of all Welcome To OU! Secondly, at this point we really have no idea when Uni will throw open then doors. I personally could see it happening very soon maybe even during your visit now that we have seen small bits of the Wizarding World we can pretty much say hogsmede is nearing completion but just how close we dont know. And as for FJ wow thats like saying how long is a piece of string! Even though we have had inside stories etc we still dont know whether or not they have all the kinks worked out just yet. So i really do hope you get to enter the wizarding world but for now dont get your hopes up. Id like to ask you one favor during your visit if you enter feel free to share and pictures with us :lol:

---Update---

How depressing just worked out im 4349.302 miles away from hogwarts :'(

Last edited:
Cayla a big Welcome I am glad you decided to join us Jymmymack actually said it perfectly unfortunately with the event on the 17th there will not be softs before this time. (I hate being the bearer of bad news) It is also true the entire land have to open as a whole (including FJ even if it's down a lot it still has to be open) So have a wonderful vacation anyways there is still a lot to do around Orlando & just be happy for your next trip it will indeed be open & you can pick a time of year to come where FJ won't have a 3 hr. wait & you can enjoy things with a much smaller crowd.

Really the only thing that stood out in the interview was this:

"The snow was also very difficult. We really wanted to have snow everywhere, creating the most amazing snowscape and that cold Scottish feeling. Psychologically the snow creates a sense of a lower temperature. To try and bring that cold to Orlando, that is quite hard. In the end, I hope what we created gives guests a good experience!"

To me that means that maybe we'll get some cold winds blowing through Hogsmeade. At least, I hope that's what he means.

Cayla a big Welcome I am glad you decided to join us Jymmymack actually said it perfectly unfortunately with the event on the 17th there will not be softs before this time. (I hate being the bearer of bad news) It is also true the entire land have to open as a whole (including FJ even if it's down a lot it still has to be open) So have a wonderful vacation anyways there is still a lot to do around Orlando & just be happy for your next trip it will indeed be open & you can pick a time of year to come where FJ won't have a 3 hr. wait & you can enjoy things with a much smaller crowd.

Sorry to agree but I do. I just find it weird Universal will only have a couple of weeks of the whole area having softs. They need to rush and get this done and going.

First of all Welcome To OU! Secondly, at this point we really have no idea when Uni will throw open then doors. I personally could see it happening very soon maybe even during your visit now that we have seen small bits of the Wizarding World we can pretty much say hogsmede is nearing completion but just how close we dont know. And as for FJ wow thats like saying how long is a piece of string! Even though we have had inside stories etc we still dont know whether or not they have all the kinks worked out just yet. So i really do hope you get to enter the wizarding world but for now dont get your hopes up. Id like to ask you one favor during your visit if you enter feel free to share and pictures with us :lol:

---Update---

How depressing just worked out im 4349.302 miles away from hogwarts :'(

BBPH, you gave me an idea. Now this could be fun.

Paste this link into you browser and calculate how far you are from the Castle.
http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm

I'm 0.870 miles

I have only been reading this forum for the last 5 months or so but I must have missed the discussion on it all must be open at once. Was that written into the contract? Because how is DD been running since technically its part of WWOHP.

cincinmouse universal has been smart about this one Dragon CHALLENGE is part of TWWOHP DUELING Dragons in part of LC. So as this ride is still known as DD the signs still say fire and ice it can still be open :D

^Exactly..to add to that since the trains already have a dragon theming, the only thing that had to be re-done was the ridiculously long queue line, but otherwise they can keep it open as DD and have that extra ride capacity while they finish everything else around everything.

Change of subject:

The entrance arc from JP that is still un-painted, you think there is a chance they have actors up there, maybe aurors looking over the muggles entering WWOHP?

Was there ever a yes or a no to the idea that maybe DD may have 2 of the 4 trains re themed? Doubtful i know but you never know....

I'm 215 miles away in Miami, and 24 days away from HOPEFULLY being in line for FJ on my bday.