The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
how are softs going to work regarding Dragons challenge?

Surely they are going to hav to close it so only people in WWHOP can ride it.

how are softs going to work regarding Dragons challenge?

Surely they are going to hav to close it so only people in WWHOP can ride it.

Easy, that temp tunnel is taken down and they remove the temp signs that say fire and ice, and you're done! Voila! Ready for softs.

4.105 miles.

I think you guys are reading too much into the "everything must open at once" thing. I think that for softs they will be able to open or close parts of the island as needed as long as for the "Grand Opening", as in when they fling the gates open to the general public, the entire island opens at one time. This was in the contract to keep Universal from opening Hogsmeade and then 6-12 months later opening Forbidden Journey.

4.105 miles.

I think you guys are reading too much into the "everything must open at once" thing. I think that for softs they will be able to open or close parts of the island as needed as long as for the "Grand Opening", as in when they fling the gates open to the general public, the entire island opens at one time. This was in the contract to keep Universal from opening Hogsmeade and then 6-12 months later opening Forbidden Journey.

True, its understanded that for the "grand opening" all must open at the same time, but why would they soft open and not open it all. Its either all closed or all open with FJ going down for technical reasons every now and then. But otherwise if we're walking in the front door the whole area is going to be open I would assume.

just curious if like we all think that when HP opens the park will be at capacity would you say that the expected wait time would be 4+ hours. asking because i have heard so many horror stories of wait times when major projects in other parks opened (ex. cedar point point with Top Thrill & millenium). just curious because i don't know how bad things get there when they open.

Vyrus again I'm with you on this considering the time frame it's taking to even get to previews they want to fling everything open so they can really make sure everything is ready. But as you said FJ will have problems & be down maybe even more than it's ready to ride but hoping with all the running of it they have been doing it holds up under the pressure

LMAO, don't jinx it, the 17th is a pivotal a day as any. I have a feeling these travel agents are going to be the first outsiders to experience the whole area and if everything goes well with them my gut tells me the 18th as a possible soft, but who knows?? Not me thats for sure.

just curious if like we all think that when HP opens the park will be at capacity would you say that the expected wait time would be 4+ hours. asking because i have heard so many horror stories of wait times when major projects in other parks opened (ex. cedar point point with Top Thrill & millenium). just curious because i don't know how bad things get there when they open.

Definately if HRRR had 3+ hour waits (mainly cause of down time) I wouldn't be surprised for the same. BUT if this ride runs smoothly with minimal down time, a 2 hour wait would be heaven and possible.

Another idea for a hidden rank bar, at 151 - "Bacardi" :lol:

Last edited:
Monday will be nothing. The day of importance is Tuesday...but soft opening WILL NOT come from that day.

Which Monday? This coming Monday or the POW WOW Monday? If we do not know which Monday, then we cannot know which Tuesday that you speak of.

Regardless, It has been reported that a certain hand held device has been borrowed from MIB to ensure TM's will see something, and then know nothing. (that, plus paperwork, a signature, and a man named Greer)

^^A memory eraser? :lol:

So team members can preview but even they are being made to sign the non-disclosure, that is crazy!

The next two Tuesdays...Wednesday is so last month...Tuesday is the new Wednesday.

And by "nothing" I meant nothing pivotal. Sorry about that. ...while there are some great events going on, Tuesdays means decisions.

Decisions on whose part? While the answer might seem obvious... it seems odd that decisions two weeks in a row seems a bit... "indecisive" to me.

Reminds me of Captain Jack saying... "We all must fight.... (boo!) We all must fight to run away! (yay!)"

Also, can you imagine this headline on CNN June 18, 2010: "JK Rowling and cast of Harry Potter films stuck upside down on robotic arm for 30 minutes today"...

Last edited:
OK, here is my guess:

This Monday- WB Execs
Tuesday or later this coming week- TM Previews
Monday 17th- Travel Agents
18th-23rd- AP Previews
24th- General Softs

OK, here is my guess:

This Monday- WB Execs
Tuesday or later this coming week- TM Previews
Monday 17th- Travel Agents
18th-23rd- AP Previews
24th- General Softs

If they do decide to do annual passholder previews, how far in advance do you think they'd announce it? I'd assume you'd have to rsvp like you do for the HHN pre-party.

LOL...That's awesome. I think that needs to be a new sig!!!! WWoHP Normal Club.

On another note, the American Scenic piece was done before the ride was in final design. While some of those items may be in the building, it is dated and inaccurate.

And with my little knowledge of photo shop, it will be all the more normal!!!