The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So... I just got my cat back from the vet today... he is an exotic Bengal Leopard Cat and hates being put in the kennel... But that is where he was for the last day... in the kitty kennel for exams. Well, his name is Benga (original huh?) and he told me one of the oddest stories. He said there were many cats in the kennel... but the cage next to him had a plate with a young cat on it. Benga told me he found it very odd. Turns out... he was one of Delores Umbridge's plate kitties and he was most unhappy. He told my Benga, "The minute I get out of here, I am escaping." Benga said, "Where will you escape too? You are in a plate?" Well the kitty replied, "I am going to break out of this plate... and then the castle... and find a nice country town where someone will love me!". Benga told me that he wished him well and offered... "goodness knows where that poor guy will end up..."

Have a nice day... and wish the plate kitty well...

Last edited:
Does this mean what I thinkit means?

Yes... it definitely means that Delores Umbridge is putting her kitty plates in kennels and sending them to kennels throughout central Florida. I wonder if cat plates pee and poop... what do the vets do with them.... throw in a lil jet dry in the washer?

But the point of my post was... what will happen to that poor little cat....?

Last edited:
So... I just got my cat back from the vet today... he is an exotic Bengal Leopard Cat and hates being put in the kennel... But that is where he was for the last day... in the kitty kennel for exams. Well, his name is Benga (original huh?) and he told me one of the oddest stories. He said there were many cats in the kennel... but the cage next to him had a plate with a young cat on it. Benga told me he found it very odd. Turns out... he was one of Delores Umbridge's plate kitties and he was most unhappy. He told my Benga, "The minute I get out of here, I am escaping." Benga said, "Where will you escape too? You are in a plate?" Well the kitty replied, "I am going to break out of this plate... and then the castle... and find a nice country town where someone will love me!". Benga told me that he wished him well and offered... "goodness knows where that poor guy will end up..."

Is this a reference to the storyline of the ride? As in, Slytherin is trying to break out of his portrait?

Is this a reference to the storyline of the ride? As in, Slytherin is trying to break out of his portrait?

All that my cat told me is that the kitty in the plate wanted to escape Delores and Hogwarts.... and relocate to a small village somewhere. Otherwise... I don't think there are ulterior motives. Let us all keep our eyes peeled to see if he finds a happy place.

Last edited:
@ stephanlandsman A HD Image is projected onto a piece of plexiglass, hope that helps.

Its not acrylic(plexiglas) but rather a thin film. The film is between the audience and the stage at a 45 degree slope with the projector being on the floor aimed straight up. Google Musion and on their website they have some videos of how it works.

Its not acrylic(plexiglas) but rather a thin film. The film is between the audience and the stage at a 45 degree slope with the projector being on the floor aimed straight up. Google Musion and on their website they have some videos of how it works.

yep is a film.

If you really want to know what kind of film it is. Go to your local fake IMAX theater and feel the silver holey film screen.
It is the same stuff.
The silvery reflects the light from the projection.
The tiny little holes are why we can see thru it, with back lighting, the film will seem invisible.

--- Update ---

but there is the fiberglass/plexglass version (not musion, but inferior versions)

where there is a thin sheet of electron between the glass
once the sheet is charged, it will stop light from the projection. Up to now there are better technology but
even the best ones seems live analog TV-ish.
which is probably why the silver film screens catches HD (2K-4K) projection the best for now.

I am sure, a real hologram will be happening soon, there are so many youtube videos about it.
and many superstar artists in the US use it in live concerts as stage special FX.

How in heavens name would you know that? I think it is a huge sheet of glass tilted sideways with mirrors and projectors and stuff... and the glass has mica in it... to reflect the particle rays of light from the 3D projection... much like Real D technology... and projection stuff... like that... projection stuff... like mirrors and trick wires yankin on the people in the video. And then they pan all of the room on a dolly to make us think it is real 3D as the room keeps rotating... around the glass and stuff. And then the mica gets in our eyes before the ride... so it seems like 3D technology...

Welcome to the site as you are new... but a thin piece of plastic ain't gonna pull off this effect. And I am sure that you don't understand that the polarizing effect of the mica chips in your eyes helps to temporarily make you see 3D as most humans cannot see in 3D.

And don't you understand that the poor kitty on the plate is what should be holding this forum in utter suspension? Will the kitty break out of the plate? Will the kitty be able to find it's way out of hogwarts.... and with all of those cliffs.. Will the kitty survive its journey to Lake Buena Vista... or what ever village it intends on settling in?

*this is test of the emergency tongue in cheek system... please stay tuned for your regularly scheduled broadcast*

I thought the visual effect using a projection on plexiglass at a 45* angle was the pepper's ghost effect and musion was a projection on a black "net" screen

I hope that kitty moves to a portrait and finds a friend to hang out with :)

Oh bugger I just looked...I'm 592 miles and 130 days away from Hogwarts...I wish I had a time turner to move forward in time instead of back.

Love the riddles Teebin, though I must say I'm usually slow on figuring them out but I still enjoy them. :)

Should I even say what I think this means? Don't want to get anyone around here in trouble. DreamCat?

I thought the visual effect using a projection on plexiglass at a 45* angle was the pepper's ghost effect and musion was a projection on a black "net" screen

I hope that kitty moves to a portrait and finds a friend to hang out with :)

here is the decription from the site.

It is not a black screen because logically light do not reflect in black.

here is the quote.
"In particular, the invention relates to the use of a transparent foil stretched across the path of the projector as a screen, the foil having similar reflective properties to semi-mirrored glass.."

like a semi-mirror foil, best example is the silver screen of fake IMAX (of course musion is much more thin) with so many holes that backlight can be seem therefore
making it transparent but at the same time, stops the projector lights complete for the holographic image to hold.

--- Update ---

about the pepper ghost thing

eventho musion is not pepper ghost (becasue it makes pepper ghost makes the reflect image transparent)

the kept the 45 degree angle on the screen because they can not shoot out the projector straight up from the back
because you would have see the projector light hitting your face.
so like the old days, the projector has to be set at a angle that the projected light will never hit anyone and be seen

Tower of Terror and other disney attraction either set the projector on the top shooting downward, therefore the light is towards the ground,
so you wont see it. or from the side, where the light will shoot towards another part of the set that is blocked from the sight of the guests.

I have no idea where they would set up the projector for the dumbledore effect.
I would belive is probably behind and under the near the ground shooting upwards from that balcony that he is standing behind of.

And don't you understand that the poor kitty on the plate is what should be holding this forum in utter suspension? Will the kitty break out of the plate? Will the kitty be able to find it's way out of hogwarts.... and with all of those cliffs.. Will the kitty survive its journey to Lake Buena Vista... or what ever village it intends on settling in?

Dolores Umbridge is....taking over Disney World? Is a metaphor for someone (an important engineer or contractor) abandoning Universal for Disney?