The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 231 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lets hope the WW tree does not go the way of the yeti.

Universal isnt dumb enough to build an area of the ride that cant be serviced without closing the whole ride and removing a giant piece of the facade/building it's housed in and setting it down on a support that can compromise the structural integrity of the whole ride, which it damages when operating.

^And you would think that Disney wouldn't either, but they had a "voted for carlos" moment.

So wait...The Yeti no longer moves in EE? I went a month after it opened and it worked fine. That sucks if true.

If they are really going to be giving Annual Passholders an exclusive look at the park, they really should have sent invites out. Considering the press has received their invites to the grand opening, I would think the other wouldn't be too far behind.

Like I said in a previous post..I could see Pass holders and Package people allowed into the park an hour early, but I dont see them as having an exclusive all day pass to the park. Once it's open to pass holders..there is a good chance it will be open for everyone, even if its on a limited basis.

So wait...The Yeti no longer moves in EE? I went a month after it opened and it worked fine. That sucks if true.

If they are really going to be giving Annual Passholders an exclusive look at the park, they really should have sent invites out. Considering the press has received their invites to the grand opening, I would think the other wouldn't be too far behind.

Like I said in a previous post..I could see Pass holders and Package people allowed into the park an hour early, but I dont see them as having an exclusive all day pass to the park. Once it's open to pass holders..there is a good chance it will be open for everyone, even if its on a limited basis.

Yea the Yeti has 2 program options, 1. Movement 2. Fans and strobe lights. The Yeti is on its own seperate foundation while the mountain has its own. The Yeti created so much torque and pressue that it cracked the foundation, so if it moves it will fall over basically. So they have to wait until they shut down the entire ride in order to re-do its foundation and reinforce it.

Yea the Yeti has 2 program options, 1. Movement 2. Fans and strobe lights. The Yeti is on its own seperate foundation while the mountain has its own. The Yeti created so much torque and pressue that it cracked the foundation, so if it moves it will fall over basically. So they have to wait until they shut down the entire ride in order to re-do its foundation and reinforce it.

this is why going the first few months of a new attraction is important. I would imagine EVERYTHING will be up and running in full force for the first few months, but eventually certain attractions or ideas will probably alter in order to better deal with actual situation at hand. I can see that "your wand chooses you" experience out the window withing 3 months of the park opening. Espeically if it takes 5 minutes, and the store only holds 25 people.

Think about the size of the main Marvel Store...that probably holds upwards to 200-500 people easily...now picture 25 inside at a time. YIKES. Yeah..that won't last for long. Eventually it will be just like any other store, once JK Rowling has left the premisis.

^Well something like a unique experience like that UO will keep because its just as much about the magic of it then the amount of people. It makes it an exclusivity thing that a wand chose you, not to mention that those are probably much more expensive then the replica wands. Look at the bibidi bobidi botique at disney, expensive product, takes a lot of time to do, and always has a line when maybe 5 - 10 kids go at a time.

Yea, we've been dealing with Disco Yeti for a while now...

Should I even say what I think this means? Don't want to get anyone around here in trouble. DreamCat?

What are you thinking? I have no idea whats going on with this kitty and it has nothing to do with me so I wouldnt get in trouble. Youve confused me haha.

this is why going the first few months of a new attraction is important. I would imagine EVERYTHING will be up and running in full force for the first few months, but eventually certain attractions or ideas will probably alter in order to better deal with actual situation at hand. I can see that "your wand chooses you" experience out the window withing 3 months of the park opening. Espeically if it takes 5 minutes, and the store only holds 25 people.

Think about the size of the main Marvel Store...that probably holds upwards to 200-500 people easily...now picture 25 inside at a time. YIKES. Yeah..that won't last for long. Eventually it will be just like any other store, once JK Rowling has left the premisis.

The beginning is always a test out stage in any theme park like you said. However that Ollivanders thing, I cant see ever leaving. It will be popular and they have already known it will only hold a small number at a time. Why would that stop them from having it? Its a huge advertising success for fans right now and they want to have the experience. Queve lines may be needed for the stores and outside the three broomsticks. With your explanation of it being small, heck EVERYthing there is small! So that would mean they would have to close everything...

Well the same applies for Halloween Horror Nights, go early so you can see everything the way it was meant to be seen. Hell even the first night of this past event there was a hole in the facade of Dracula, on opening night! Freaking drunks!

But back to topic, it tends to be early on in an attractions life that you get more of what it was intended to be, instead of more of what it ends up being, Disco Inferno Yeti is a prime example.:dance::whoo:

It would indeed appear that Teebin is talking about one of the portraits...maybe the Fat Lady??? Maybe the portrait in question will be viewed in the ride instead of the queue. Just throwin out guesses...if I'm warm gimme a wave Teebin.

sorry to jump off topic.

So does everyone think we will hit over 700 post in part 2 like part 1 by the time WWOHP opens.

we are at 300 and the speed is getting slow (maybe because there is no news and pictures)

come on! I would expect hitting atleast 500-600 within this month!
I know that part 1 took about a year.

we need a boost. WHEN IS THE NEXT HELICOPTER TRIP!!!!
how about we all donate to Disneyhead for his next trip before opening.

man, just 1-2 bucks from each of us here will take 2 people for that trip! man.
I am willing to doe out 10 bucks myself

--- Update ---

tell me your paypal account disneyhead!

Pointless to do another helicopter now when this will be open within a couple of weeks and nothing on the exterior has changed dramatically from the last time.

Lets donate for an invisibility cloak for DH.

psion, thanks for the info on musion and peppers ghost :)

I've heard the numbers 15 and 25 being thrown around for the capacity of Olivander's, but I don't see where you guys got that. From what I've read and from looking at the official pictures/concept art released and the pictures taken from fans, (even though maybe 15-25 people might fit in the shop a la sardines in a can) it looks like there will only be one person and one wand keeper in the shop's "wand-chooses-you experience" area at a time and then once a wand has chosen them they'll move through to Dervish and Banges to pay or choose another wand and then head out. Oh and I don't think it will close, but maybe it will become a "paid" experiece.

On another note, I think the next helicopter "shoot" should be once the land has opened and there's a finished product to gawk at :) Right now it would look pretty much like the last heli-photo-trip. But if Disneyhead or anyone else is willing to do it now, I wouldn't complain at all. :)

Damn, could it be possible that they aren't doing softs at all? Can we look back at other parks and rides and see if they had soft openings and if they did how much in advance they were?

How long was the Simpsons ride doing soft openings before the official opening date?

First I would like to say if I had the option to take a Heli tour I would do it on June 18th it may not be the best for seeing details for sure but the volume of people & to get a birds eye view of the mayhem would be awesome. Maybe even taking it so your right above the mad dash as the park opens?

As far as why Passholders don't know anything yet it's because they are not done with the place. As much as I would love to believe the dates Disneyhead was thinking is right on I don't believe we are going to get that lucky. There is a lot to be done still so at this rate I am just hoping a passholder preview will exist before the first package people get here.

For the wand experience it will never change because it's a attraction in itself. The only thing you can expect to change is prob. operating hrs. during the slower times of year where it's not open all day.

Last edited:
It would indeed appear that Teebin is talking about one of the portraits...maybe the Fat Lady??? Maybe the portrait in question will be viewed in the ride instead of the queue. Just throwin out guesses...if I'm warm gimme a wave Teebin.
Ummmm Im pretty sure Teebin is saying the cat plates from Umbridges office will be somewhere in Hogsmeade, maybe in a store or something.

Ummmm Im pretty sure Teebin is saying the cat plates from Umbridges office will be somewhere in Hogsmeade, maybe in a store or something.

Maybe in Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods. I don't see where else. That's gonna be such an awesome ride-end shop! They'll be able to stick anything related to HP there :D

^Agreed, I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this store more than others.