The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really the only thing that stood out in the interview was this:

"The snow was also very difficult. We really wanted to have snow everywhere, creating the most amazing snowscape and that cold Scottish feeling. Psychologically the snow creates a sense of a lower temperature. To try and bring that cold to Orlando, that is quite hard. In the end, I hope what we created gives guests a good experience!"

To me that means that maybe we'll get some cold winds blowing through Hogsmeade. At least, I hope that's what he means.

That would be pretty sweet!

Does anyone think they will test the snow during softs?

Last edited:
crazyidea, omg thats too funny! The railings you are not allowed to sit on, and yet people do it anyway. I get annoyed slightly with those kids that jiggle the chained ones or climb on the metal(?) ones. grr. ok sorry for my rant.

Queve lines have music or speaking overhead voices, water fountains, tvs, extended ones sometimes have drink machines, fans, emergency exits, ummm I cant think of what else.

On another note, I was looking at an HP fansite discussion of the WWoHP and found something pretty funny:

Considering that a couple hundred thousand people will be standing in the queue waiting to ride...one wonders exactly how many seats are on those benches...and how many benches there are for each Forbidden Journey? Ride capacity will, of course, impact line speed.

Last edited:
Gotcha. LOL... I know what I know because I listen and I'm very good at my job. I'm a better listener than talker. I've seen a lot and heard a lot over the last 4 years. :) Just because I don't respond to something doesn't mean I don't know something. I choose not to respond to things because I have nothing to prove. I could be a gigantic spoiler but don't want to ruin the fun.

For example, the vehicle count. It has been mentioned several time the vehicle count is 47. It is not. 47 may be an important number, but it's not the vehicle count. the math does add up with almost a 5 minute ride. Assuming 47 vehicles and 5 minutes, the hourly would be over 2200. Bring that 5 minutes down 10-15 seconds and keep the same vehicle count and it goes up to 2700. I realize I've said things on here that disagree with things you've found and heard, but possibly your sources are outdated. I'm not saying they're wrong, just that things have changed.

I may have said a lot of things like "I wish we would see this" or "I hope there will be that" or "I wonder if we'll see this" Those statements or questiones weren't wondering at all...I might have been telling something.
What kind of math is that? Hourly capacity depends primarily on one single factor: the buffer between vehicles. The number of vehicles on the track, the length of the track, and the ride time all take a back seat (pardon the pun) to the time buffer that a particular attraction needs between vehicles. Essentially, ride capacity is dependent on the vehicle capacity and dispatch rate (buffer between vehicles). If FJ has 4 passengers per vehicle and can dispatch one vehicle every 8 seconds, then theoretical maximum capacity is 1,800. To get this ridiculous number you're talking about (2,700), you'd need to dispatch a full vehicle every 5.3 seconds. That's way too small of a buffer between consecutive vehicles, in my personal opinion. 8-10 seconds is far more reasonable for unique ride vehicles like these.

The ride time is a "flimsy" number, since a backlog of ride vehicles waiting in a staging area between load and unload can throw off calculations that are solely based on "ride time" and total number of operating vehicles. There can, at any given time, be perhaps 5 ride vehicles in the loading area, 5 vehicles in the unloading area, and 5 vehicles in a "staging" area between the two, for example. This would throw any capacity calculations out the window, if those calculations are based on track length, "ride time" or number of vehicles. When calculating capacity based on the number of vehicles, cycle time is far more relevant than "ride time". Increasing or decreasing the ride time will not change anything. Cycle time (the time it takes a single vehicle to circle the entire track loop one full time) is never the same as "ride time" because newer attractions like FJ often have separate loading and unloading stations to facilitate faster dispatching of vehicles.

I'm just not understanding where you come up with the 2,700 number, unless you're aware of the exact length of the track, down to the foot. If you're basing your calculations on "ride time," they're probably off, because ride time doesn't always equal cycle time, especially in the case of FJ where I strongly suspect there will be separate load and unload areas. In that event, the ride time figure you've heard would likely be the time a passenger is actually experiencing the ride, not the amount of time it takes for a ride vehicle to pass the same point on the track twice (cycle time)

Last edited:
You may be basing your ride capacity on "real math" as opposed to "theme park math." Ride capacities are often calculated on the best of conditions - no slow guests holding things up, every vehicle on the track, perfect increments between dispatch, no bothersome show elements getting in the way, that sort of thing. Take for instance HRRR... Their ride capacity is based on the moving sidewalk working, every guest loading from that sidewalk with no hesitation, and I believe seven vehicles on the track. They've never come close. Eventually one of two things will happen - they'll slowly get up to an average that is somewhere close to the capacity they've set or they'll reset the capacity. Either way, it will still be ridiculously dependent on absolute perfect conditions. I worked a coaster that made their expected hourly capacity once. We got a pizza party out of it. It was unexpected. Apparently the gods were happy, the stars aligned, and every guest in the queue that day could count to two. I'm not saying that anyone's numbers for FJ are correct. I don't know the capacity UO is trying to set for FJ. But they may be less based on actual reality and more on wishful thinking. We don't have enough information (actual speed of the ride, number of vehicles on track at a time, dispatch time, track length, turnover time between exit and reload, etc.) to do the math but I'll guarantee you, UO has, and I'll also guarantee you that for at least a year (and probably never) team members will grumble "how're we supposed to get THAT many people through in an hour!"

There's a nice NEW cage in the greenhouse now with some plants in it! Maybe some Mandrakes...

p1030861.jpg

that was released a long time ago when mtv and the other website people got to tour the queue

Sorry, I had not seen it written in any of the articles I read, MTV and Mugglenet didn't mention it. However, I can see that it was discussed a while back while I was yappin about something else.

(This isn't mine.)

Aaah... that was probably another test on March 24 the day before the 25 preview. Is it still remaining dark at night?

Also, where is the video that has Thierry Coup standing in the Dark Arts Classroom... the one where the door closes. It isn't on the Universal Media site.

Last edited:
I saw the castle lit once and it was stunning. I couldnt take a picture though, sorry.

Disfreak, great shots! Nice to see a steeple paint job possibly and aged dc flags.

Now the flags are back does anyone think that could have been something the High up (great choice of words :p) people decided they wanted, and thats why they went down?

BBPH, I'm sure they just didn't have the time and never thought about aging them... Also, I'd like to say that DFB is leaving, and he's supposed to be sharing some interesting details when he gets back home. :)