The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 232 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ummmm Im pretty sure Teebin is saying the cat plates from Umbridges office will be somewhere in Hogsmeade, maybe in a store or something.

No, I never said cat plates would be anywhere. I said the cat in the plate in the cage next my cat told my cat that he wanted to "break out of the plate" and "leave hogwarts castle".

:wave:

Damn, could it be possible that they aren't doing softs at all? Can we look back at other parks and rides and see if they had soft openings and if they did how much in advance they were?

How long was the Simpsons ride doing soft openings before the official opening date?

Oh, my God, does anyone think it's possible they may not do softs at all or that the actual softs would be starting June 18? I am just praying they will have soft openings by 5/28.

I am thinking that maybe the may 28th and beyond special package reserved guests will be what they are counting as softs...and all the softs they need.

No, I never said cat plates would be anywhere. I said the cat in the plate in the cage next my cat told my cat that he wanted to "break out of the plate" and "leave hogwarts castle".

Sooooo the wave is confusing me. BUT I guess im kinda close. Maybe instead of the Jurassic kitties there will be some hogsmeade kitties to add to the atmosphere.

So something inside of hogwarts is trying to break loose and leave the school?

A Basilik? A Dragon? Slytherin?

Sooooo the wave is confusing me. BUT I guess im kinda close. Maybe instead of the Jurassic kitties there will be some hogsmeade kitties to add to the atmosphere.

Just keep your eyes peeled. He may never make it out of the plate... let alone the castle! But if he does, be prepared to to wave and say, "Oooooh! Good job kitty!" and add that "Benga says HI!"

So something inside of hogwarts is trying to break loose and leave the school?

Yes, a poor kitty stuck in a plate...

hey, i dont know if this has been mentioned before or whether it has just happened today but the majority of the fences were down by the entrance to the dragons challenge queue showing pretty much all of the green house as they were finishing the painting and planting in that area. It also seems the part where u choose which dragon to ride has now been changed with a seperate middle board blank for the time being, sorry if this has already been reported

Sorry to jump off topic but..
I thought the Yeti problem was solved...my friends are going to be dissapointed this summer when we go...heck I'm kind of upset...they called the crew one of the best engineering teams in the world and they couldn't figure out that An elephant on a toothpick on sand was a bad idea? I don't want no disco statue I want a FREAKING YETI ATTACK
:focus:
SORRY bout that
FLuffy would be EPIC. But I love all the mythical creatures in those books/films.
Oh and I made a really awesome peppers ghost for my English Project. And built it well enough so that when my teacher DROPPED it, nothing broke. I feel like really trying to experiment with it now that I pulled it off.

How in heavens name would you know that? I think it is a huge sheet of glass tilted sideways with mirrors and projectors and stuff... and the glass has mica in it... to reflect the particle rays of light from the 3D projection... much like Real D technology... and projection stuff... like that... projection stuff... like mirrors and trick wires yankin on the people in the video. And then they pan all of the room on a dolly to make us think it is real 3D as the room keeps rotating... around the glass and stuff. And then the mica gets in our eyes before the ride... so it seems like 3D technology...
Actually MYMANDRAKE is correct. It's very thin...thinner than saran wrap or anything of the sort.

--- Update ---

Hmmmm... silence can be telling sometimes.... or not!

I will remain silent...been working a lot for some hot deadlines.

Last edited:
How in heavens name would you know that? I think it is a huge sheet of glass tilted sideways with mirrors and projectors and stuff... and the glass has mica in it... to reflect the particle rays of light from the 3D projection... much like Real D technology... and projection stuff... like that... projection stuff... like mirrors and trick wires yankin on the people in the video. And then they pan all of the room on a dolly to make us think it is real 3D as the room keeps rotating... around the glass and stuff. And then the mica gets in our eyes before the ride... so it seems like 3D technology...

Welcome to the site as you are new... but a thin piece of plastic ain't gonna pull off this effect. And I am sure that you don't understand that the polarizing effect of the mica chips in your eyes helps to temporarily make you see 3D as most humans cannot see in 3D.

Actually MYMANDRAKE is correct. It's very thin...thinner than saran wrap or anything of the sort.

Actually, that same post ended with my saying, "*this is test of the emergency tongue in cheek system... please stay tuned for your regularly scheduled broadcast* " It was a joke.

I will remain silent...been working a lot for some hot deadlines.

Haven't we all... Ok... thanks for your "answer".

Sorry to jump off topic but..
I thought the Yeti problem was solved...my friends are going to be dissapointed this summer when we go...heck I'm kind of upset...they called the crew one of the best engineering teams in the world and they couldn't figure out that An elephant on a toothpick on sand was a bad idea? I don't want no disco statue I want a FREAKING YETI ATTACK

Yes, I recall that too... sometime in the past 8 months they turned it back on with limited movement. Not sure this is still the case... but I believe they "shored" it up in some way and turned it back on. And way off topic of this topic... I believe that the real structural problem was with the foundation BEHIND the yeti.... that is where the heavy thrusting engine is. The yeti anim itself weighs peanuts in comparison.

Last edited:
Sorry about that...thought you were talking about the 2nd part. Tired. Silence is telling...

...but was there a reason you asked?

Well of course... I wanted to know why you know what you know and then on the other hand why you do not seem to know some of the things you do not know. I was being very very nosy and in search of understanding of those who 'know" something. I admire your knowledge... but greatly admire your courage for posting here if you are a contractor or employee of Universal Orlando Resort. That is all.

--- Update ---

So, this topic has not been brought up in detail... so lets go into detail and speculation about it. What do the queues for the major rides always have... what is the industry standard? Will this queue offer all of the best choices and services of the other major ride queues? What do you think? (and no, I will not be playing)

Gotcha. LOL... I know what I know because I listen and I'm very good at my job. I'm a better listener than talker. I've seen a lot and heard a lot over the last 4 years. :) Just because I don't respond to something doesn't mean I don't know something. I choose not to respond to things because I have nothing to prove. I could be a gigantic spoiler but don't want to ruin the fun.

For example, the vehicle count. It has been mentioned several time the vehicle count is 47. It is not. 47 may be an important number, but it's not the vehicle count. the math does add up with almost a 5 minute ride. Assuming 47 vehicles and 5 minutes, the hourly would be over 2200. Bring that 5 minutes down 10-15 seconds and keep the same vehicle count and it goes up to 2700. I realize I've said things on here that disagree with things you've found and heard, but possibly your sources are outdated. I'm not saying they're wrong, just that things have changed.

I may have said a lot of things like "I wish we would see this" or "I hope there will be that" or "I wonder if we'll see this" Those statements or questiones weren't wondering at all...I might have been telling something.

Last edited:
Yeti was not working when I was there on April 17th. I rode it twice and didn't even see the yeti til the second time. The strobes may not have even been on to tell you the truth. They're certainly not trying to draw your attention towards it.

So I hate to gett off Yeti Talk 101, but can we maybe get :focus:
Do we have any info on any of the queues besides FJ? Or what the 3rd fansite report will be about?

[/COLOR]So, this topic has not been brought up in detail... so lets go into detail and speculation about it. What do the queues for the major rides always have... what is the industry standard? Will this queue offer all of the best choices and services of the other major ride queues? What do you think? (and no, I will not be playing)
I really cant think of anything that hasnt already been confrimed.