The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Um. Dragons are speeding and dueling right on by the flags, sending dirt and other things in their directions. I'm pretty sure they're going to be dirty. Lol.

Some people have smoke and I'd assume they have fire...you seem to have smoke Teebin.

I apologize guy... really. But with the legal antics by Uni. These days, where there is fire, there is a fire extinguisher. Seriously... if anyone on here has anything, then they have it because of months or even years of trust or because they are involved in the project itself. Maybe in a few years blueprints and diagrams will come out... but not now. You cannot ask for stuff like that... it has to be offered if it is to be received at all.

Just seeing who from this site will be there....

How do u think the second week will be?????

First off, welcome to the site! Glad you've decided to join us.

Next, if you're wondering when everyone is planning on going, this thread is exactly what you're looking for: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?4065-When-are-you-visiting-the-Wizarding-World

As for the how the second week will be, I'd have to say not much better, if at all, to the first week. Both weeks will be extremely busy.

I can ask... just won't expect anything. I didn't actually think I'd get anything...I was merely expressing my lack of patience. I only elaborated because of the sarcastic response I received.

I would say my post was a joke, except it was more like a frustrated joke because Uni is not giving any interesting info out.

Last edited:
I would say my post was a joke, except it was more like a frustrated joke because Uni is not giving any interesting info out.

Some of the best talents in the biz are frustrated... even the people who create THIS STUFF... THEY want to see it far worse than you... I promise you that is the truth. Most of those that created this ride are screwed up with torment over these delays and not being able to see THEIR stuff and the entire ride/park/island opened. And I promise you, that is insider information.

Well I see everyone saw my pics ok but I still need to update you all on the details & I will make a spaces to make it easier to read for those who don't like long posts.

The first thing I saw was this new ramp (http://twitpic.com/1m5enf) It was leading from the start of the greenhouse outside queue back down to JP. I figure it's some kind of wheelchair ramp/ emergency exit of some sort. What you see happening in the pic is the lady is spraying those little black specks on the rocks & giving it texture. Noted the huge green wall by the JP lockers is down & there is only a small blue fence around this ramp.

Also there are large bushes put between the outside facing wall of the greenhouse & the extending queue next to it blocking the view from the outside queue to inside the greenhouse a bit.

Behind the no trespassing wall (next to the JP bathrooms) there is a brown wall blocking the view of the side ally of the show building & the lower area of the greenhouse.

I went into the DD queue for the 1st time ever & I guess it payed off not only for the flags aged (http://twitpic.com/1m58ua) but I sneaked a peak of the new dragon signs! All that is covering these wonderful new "chose you dragon" sign is a small thick sheet that is nailed down. BUT not everywhere I peaked behind & sure enough the signs are wooden with the two dragon carved into their sign (red on red blue on blue) I couldn't see high enough but I would assume I wasn't far off from seeing "Horntail & "Firebolt"carved right above the dragons. The rectangle sign in between them had white carvings. Even though I couldn't make out the words it was a beautiful carving that I am sure side something like "chose your dragon" or something like that. But like I said a few nails pulled & BAM! it's DC so it's like a 20min. job to change them max.

At 2:40PM Let THERE BE TRAINING!!! More than 40 (yes I said 40) Broomsticks TMs were seen marching into the back area. The only new costume I noticed was the light tan one seen to the right edge here (http://twitpic.com/1m5h0k) I am guessing one is for behind the counter & one for servers/bus boys but just a guess?

The only other things of notes where things being painted both the steeple (http://twitpic.com/1m5apo) & broomsticks (http://twitpic.com/1m5jvc) looks like they are hauling butt (finally) to get things done before the execs roll in on Monday. Also that as I was walking the DD all of a sudden they blasted the Durmstrang entrance music right outside the wall & I almost had a heart attack it was so loud & scared the crap out of me.

Hope you enjoyed & AGAIN let's not bother to guess on soft anything notice they are still training & there is ZERO word on any preview (TM or passholder) so until than RELAX!

Some of the best talents in the biz are frustrated... even the people who create THIS STUFF... THEY want to see it far worse than you... I promise you that is the truth. Most of those that created this ride are screwed up with torment over these delays and not being able to see THEIR stuff and the entire ride/park/island opened. And I promise you, that is insider information.

I'm not angry frustrated. Just wanting to be there or on it. I can't imagine being a creator and know that your so close but so far. I'm not comparing my frustration to theirs, or trying to upset you. I never really anticipated my original post on this subject to get more than a glance, or anything other than "yeah it would be cool to see how they do it"
So I'm now going to change the subject to that of the making-of doc...can't wait to see some of the technical aspects. I was astonished by Spiderman and this should be even more Epic.

that was released a long time ago when mtv and the other website people got to tour the queue

Well I see everyone saw my pics ok but I still need to update you all on the details & I will make a spaces to make it easier to read for those who don't like long posts.

Great post DFB... very telling stuff. What I believe you are saying is that there is a path from the greenhouse right into JP before or after the LC bridge arch? Or is that pathway somewhere else?

edit:
LOL... three of us at the same time wondering where that ramp is coming into JP.

Ok I don't have pictures of the "area" the end of the ramp (on the JP side) is about half way between the Spinosaurus with the Jeep & DD lockers. The path leads up directly next to the FJ queue right where the outdoor queue starts. (next to the greenhouse) Hope that helps but yes it's a path that goes directly from the FJ queue back down to JP. Like I said that huge green wall is no longer there & now there is only a small blue plastic fence around the ramp area.

Anything else I can answer let me know. I wouldn't bother trying to get a pic of the new dragon signs I could barley lift it up & peak behind as you know it's very dark in there. But signs are for sure wooden & carved into nicely with RED & BLUE dragons (YES folks you are screwed for a paint job let's just deal with it now & live with it)

Last edited:
Reactions: kitfisto92
Great Update DisFreakBrent I am so happy they are finally painting that last steeple. Thanks Again!

Great Update DisFreakBrent I am so happy they are finally painting that last steeple. Thanks Again!

Yes something tells me they said "Oh __ WB will be here on Monday we better get it done or heads will roll" Because I'm sure WB expects everything to be done since the last time they were here. (I believe that's was our fabled "Legit as Wednesday" we all enjoyed my 400 pics from that day thanks to me going out & Teebin having a hunch)

Ok I don't have pictures of the "area" the end of the ramp (on the JP side) is about half way between the T-Rex with the Jeep & DD lockers. The path leads up directly next to the FJ queue right where the outdoor queue starts. (next to the greenhouse) Hope that helps but yes it's a path that goes directly from the FJ queue back down to JP. Like I said that huge green wall is no longer there & now there is only a small blue plastic fence around the ramp area.

No... not the T-Rex... you are getting your dinosaurs mixed up. T-Rex is on the toon lagoon side of the entrance. You are referring to the Spinosaurus from film 3 which is just opposite the greenhouses... hmmm... Well the one thing I can tell you is exactly where it comes from, but not why.