The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 237 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
unless you work in the kitchen....

Thank you, I was just about to say that! I pulled many a shift in Enchanted Oak "back in the day," and let's just say they didn't waste any of the ac in the kitchen. Wimpy's kitchen was the same way, though it was even hotter because the kitchen is so small. Then there is Mythos. I lost 30 lbs over the 4 years I worked there, since I spent most of my time on the grill station which has two large grills in front and the 500 degree+ wood-burning oven in back. I'm glad they're allowing the cooks to wear the whites instead of those black coats they were wearing for that infamous party back in March.

mantaguy i hope there was more than boatman today or someone is in big trouble lol
8y is a long time to work somewhere and then lose a job

I was also at the park today, and it was a VERY long day, hence my late apperance. I also witnessed everything that DisFreakBrent did, but had no camera, so I'm happy he was there too. There was in fact lots going on today. But there was something that happened to me that didn't to any others besided those in my group.

While taking in the view from the lakeside area of JP, a TM who was cleaning trash in the water from a little boat paddled over and struck conversation with us. He explained he'd been working at the park for 8 years and loved his job and IoA's rides. He also expressed his own excitement for TWWoHP. Now, take this with a grain of salt, but he seemed pretty confident in saying this. He expects TM previews to start next week with Passholder previews the following week. General softs should follow. He said "softs will start in two weeks time."

I also find it extremely annoying that people still think DD is the new HP ride. Are they oblivious to the construction walls?

I know exactly who your talking about and so do a lot of Universal employees. Be careful for his sake.

I agree with others that the "grand opening packages" will be their softs. I dont think we will see anything from them, and may see annual passholder previews after it opens, much like a lot of other parks have done. In fact we took everything we've heard from here and other sites and compiled it into a "what you might want to know" list. Latest update from BTT.

I do not know if I like that article. It is just basically condemning Universal and lauding Disney. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter may not be a whole theme park in its self, but looks like it is going to be a fantastic addition. Just look at the detain in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. Not to mention the ride its self with the new technology. I know that its not going to be as big as imagined, but it is still worth getting excited for. If someone just looks at only the negative aspects of course they are going to have a terrible time.

Last edited:
All that is covering these wonderful new "chose you dragon" sign is a small thick sheet that is nailed down. BUT not everywhere I peaked behind & sure enough the signs are wooden with the two dragon carved into their sign (red on red blue on blue) I couldn't see high enough but I would assume I wasn't far off from seeing "Horntail & "Firebolt" carved right above the dragons.

First of all, I would just like to announce that between last night and this morning I have spent about a good 8 hours trying to catch up on this thread. I have WAY to much time on my hands.

But anyway, DisFreak, are you sure you read the sign right? I thought the whole ride was two different dragons. Maybe I just missed something...

Also, has anyway sen the Flight of the Hippogriph train yet, and if so would you please tell me where I could find a pic? Again, I probably just missed the memo. Sorry if all of my questions were already answered.

:figment: Yes! I'm a WebCrawler now! :figment: (Actually, I guess I should put :spidey:)

Last edited:
First of all, I would just like to announce that between last night and this morning I have spent about a good 8 hours trying to catch up on this thread. I have WAY to much time on my hands.

But anyway, DisFreak, are you sure you read the sign right? I thought the whole ride was two different dragons. Maybe I just missed something...

Also, has anyway sen the Flight of the Hippogriph train yet, and if so would you please tell me where I could find a pic? Again, I probably just missed the memo. Sorry if all of my questions were already answered.

:figment: Yes! I'm a WebCrawler now! :figment: (Actually, I guess I should put :spidey:)

They kind of show it in the Ellen video. Also I know someone quite awhile posted pictures of it. I believe it was during a helicopter trip.

Big News!!!! ( ALL MY GUESSES)
I'm new to this posting thing but listen to this.
Chamber of Secrets scene will take place after the frobidden forrest scene, i wasnt told how u get to this scene, but i'm guessing its the hole by the Willow.
Getting into detail about this scene there are 2 rotating carosels in this scene
as u enter the chamber of secrets this room has 3 snake heads ( photo of these props were seen on this site before). there is big head of a man with a beard its mouth will open and the Snake will come out.

As i said before ( Wizard Chess) you are in the scene where Harry, Ron and Hermine play Wizard Chess. 2 peices on the board move. The Queen and The Knight> REMEMBER SNIPER SAID QUEEN AND KNIGHT.
and i was told this room is divided with glass.(does anyone kno why?) Projection??

Other things i am guessing:
The BIG Spider is AA. and the smaller ones are like the bugs on the mummy.
The Snake is a combo of AA and Projection.

Comments anyone?

Last edited:
Big News!!!! ( ALL MY GUESSES)
I'm new to this posting thing but listen to this.
Chamber of Secrets scene will take place after the frobidden forrest scene, i wasnt told how u get to this scene, but i'm guessing its the hole by the Willow.
Getting into detail about this scene there are 2 rotating carosels in this scene
as u enter the chamber of secrets this room has 3 snake heads ( photo of these props were seen on this site before). there is big head of a man with a beard its mouth will open and the Snake will come out.

As i said before ( Wizard Chess) you are in the scene where Harry, Ron and Hermine play Wizard Chess. 2 peices on the board move. The Queen and The Knight> REMEMBER SNIPER SAID QUEEN AND KNIGHT.
and i was told this room is divided with glass.(does anyone kno why?) Projection??

Other things i am guessing:
The BIG Spider is AA. and the smaller ones are like the bugs on the mummy.
The Snake is a combo of AA and Projection.

Comments anyone?

That sounds, EXACTLY like the American Scenic concept art. Anyone of us could've spit that out on this board a long time ago. Where did you learn the info?

^The comment was changed to include "(all my guesses)" Wasn't trying to blast people's guesses, but it looked like it was being reported as fact. That's why I said what I said. Carry on.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure this is it.

FlyingUnicorntrain.jpg

I like the FotH cars better because they wheels aren't different colors like they were on The Flying Unicorn. The cars look alot better withe wicker basket theme. It looks like the feathers of a hippogriff.