The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 239 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
remember SAS? ha how could we forget that troll...The discription of the chess and the chamber of secrets sound exactly like the American Scenic stuff. And does anyone know who originally stated there would be a fog screen on FJ ? Was it SAS?

Is someone a troll for being a liar or for being rude? I suppose he was both.

The fog screen was not originally mentioned from SAS. It was from rss001, an actual insider. If you want an explanation for why I believe he's an insider, I'll give yah one. Anyway...

4. The Dementor effect will be accomplished with a type of fog screen where a video capture of your face will be projected being sucked out toward the creature as your vehicle backs out through the fog screen.

^^ Thanks :) The train looks really cool

No problem!

P.S. Most of the updates from here and other places were/are posted on my page for the WWoHP here. So take a look at all of the old albums for some interesting pics courtesy of theme park and Harry Potter fanatics!

The fog screen was not originally mentioned from SAS. It was from rss001, an actual insider. If you want an explanation for why I believe he's an insider, I'll give yah one. Anyway...

No problem!

P.S. Most of the updates from here and other places were/are posted on my page for the WWoHP here. So take a look at all of the old albums for some interesting pics courtesy of theme park and Harry Potter fanatics!

Hey kifisto, could you post the rest of rss001's list? Can't seem to find it and was interested in looking at the whole thing. I remember when that was posted, but then SAS hijacked the whole thread and that post kind of fell by the way side.

Shouldn't that be posted in the spoiler thread? Im just sayin

Since rss001 posted this before the existence of a spoiler thread, I'm going to repost his words here.

Hey kifisto, could you post the rest of rss001's list? Can't seem to find it and was interested in looking at the whole thing. I remember when that was posted, but then SAS hijacked the whole thread and that post kind of fell by the way side.

**Rest of Post contains FJ SPOILERS**

Here are the things he mentioned. It's on p. 430 of the original thread.

Okay I've been following this thread for a while and have been amused at some of the speculation. Some of it is good and some of it is plain ridiculous. I've been working on the FJ project from very early on and I've decided to provide some answers for those that are interested.

WARNING Spoilers follow:

1. The ride system is indeed on a bus rail with a robotic arm attached allowing riders to "fly" in and around scenery. It's not a roller coaster in any way. The seats are supposed to be themed to a park bench but I personally don't think they look very good.

2. Many of the scenic elements are 20 to 30 feet above the floor and they look incredible.

3. The load area utilizes a Magic Carpet moving platform similar to HRRR. The seats will face out with the arm and vehicle base hidden below so that once riders take off it will be a complete surprise as they "fly off".

4. The Dementor effect will be accomplished with a type of fog screen where a video capture of your face will be projected being sucked out toward the creature as your vehicle backs out through the fog screen.

5. The projection domes will rotate synchronized with your vehicle placing you directly in the sweet spot of each dome in the middle of Quidditch. The projectors are similar to the ones used for Simpsons but are the next generation.

6. There is indeed a fire-breathing dragon that you will come face to face with.

Please don't ask for any more as I'm not ready to reveal anything else at this time. The only reason I've said that much is because most of it has been speculated or confirmed in other places.

Additionally, for any interested, he also mentioned this. I don't remember what page this was on, but it's somewhere after p.430 and before p.500 of the old thread.

FJ will not be a stable system for a long time. The goal is to have 47 vehicles online at any given time. Each one of these vehicles have multiple failure points. The chances of something not failing to slow down or shut down the system will be slim for a long time to come. The rumor of cycling for two weeks straight is false. Although we have cycled 4 to 8 vehicles with profiles running off and on, that isn't close to the desired goal and it hasn't been near two weeks straight. There is still quite a bit of show to install and integrate as well. Between show systems and the ride system it will be a miracle to not experience downtime with this ride. I will say that Universal has earmarked a record budget toward maintenance and engineering for this. But delays and downtimes are inevitable due to Universal's over-the-top commitment to safety (worse than Disney at times) to the point of being overly cautious at the expense of efficiency.

To change subjects just a bit even though we talked already a bit about it. What kind of decor do you want to see for Christmas? I love Christmas lights all kinds of them would be cool even those tacky ones that spell things like "Seasons Greetings" & what not. I really think they should go all out but thats just me. What do you guys think would word lights be to tacky or could it be pulled off on a roof or something or maybe just light icicles twinkling here & there? It's sad there is zero sign of them doing anything special for the holidays (am I really bored tonight you tell me lol)

Last edited:
I hope there are christmas trees and sparkily lights would be cool! I would like if they had some kind of choir singing carols but I doubt that would get approved... oh well one can hope haha.

To change subjects just a bit even though we talked already a bit about it. What kind of decor do you want to see for Christmas? I love Christmas lights all kinds of them would be cool even those tacky ones that spell things like "Seasons Greetings" & what not. I really think they should go all out but thats just me. What do you guys think would word lights be to tacky or could it be pulled off on a roof or something or maybe just light icicles twinkling here & there? It's sad there is zero sign of them doing anything special for the holidays (am I really bored tonight you tell me lol)

They should probably NOT have Santa sticking out of one of the chimneys... That would be a little too dorky.

I still vote for anyone who would take the Heli trip before the park opens.

I will donate money if it is 40 bucks to fly.

come on, people, chip in here!
We complain about no pictures.
We need to get together on this, and get some finished park bird eye photos.
(I want before the park opens, because i dont want just dots of people all over the place)

the last heli pics still had imcomplete structures.
Now, most of the structures are done.

I think with soft starts, it is the perfect time to go and take.
Who lives in florida and willing to do the work for fun?

I will chip in 20 bucks from japan. Becasue I really need to see
what is going on from the sky (yes, it spoiled me)

I still vote for anyone who would take the Heli trip before the park opens.

I will donate money if it is 40 bucks to fly.

come on, people, chip in here!
We complain about no pictures.
We need to get together on this, and get some finished park bird eye photos.
(I want before the park opens, because i dont want just dots of people all over the place)

the last heli pics still had imcomplete structures.
Now, most of the structures are done.

I think with soft starts, it is the perfect time to go and take.
Who lives in florida and willing to do the work for fun?

I will chip in 20 bucks from japan. Becasue I really need to see
what is going on from the sky (yes, it spoiled me)

I'd just be patient - we know that softs will definately have started in 2 1/2 weeks and potentially before then. The vids that will spring up from softs will be far more interesting and revealing than another overhead shoot (and the overhead shoot would have to be booked in advance).

The fog screen was not originally mentioned from SAS. It was from rss001, an actual insider.

The fog screen is a very small part of the dementor scene...hardly worth mentioning when the rest of the scene is considered.

--- Update ---

I just wish the actual ride experience would be the way it was intended to be instead of cutting back on that MAJOR prop Teebin talked about a while back.

Oh geez, you'll never even know it when you ride the ride...it will still be the most amazing ride you've ever been on. Had no one mentioned it on here it wouldn't have even been speculated.

Last edited:
Irrespective of what's been dropped due to funding, I think it'll be a fantastic ride. Purely thinking about what will be in it is very different from actually experiencing a dark HP ride with AA creatures, flying movements and giant projection domes :D and I quite like that I'm also a bit nervous about riding it since I don't know what it will actually feel like!

I missed a few days a couple of weeks ago and didnt get time to catch up. Have the snow drifts been put in infront of the shops yet?:pray:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Kitfisto! Big ups! Teebin, do you think that guy was in the know, or full of it?

Everything sounds legit to me... other stuff is obvious. Fogscreen was in the comptroller docs. The effect of image capture and face sucking is beyond my scope of knowledge for this project. Magic Carpet is in the comptroller docs... not sure why it is necessary at all. UO seems to be in love with MC's lately. I have no knowledge of a dragon or what kind of fire it might breath. His statement "supposed to be themed to a park bench" is a bit off as they are themed to more to a gothic choir stall. To have knowledge about so much of the entire ride would be rare from what I have seen... but not impossible. But to have it and talk about it is quite odd, but again, not impossible.

The other post about this ride having tons of technical problems for a while is just plain obvious. Spiderman had similar issues for quite a while so we have been told.

The cool thing about this ride is, unlike EE and the Yeti, this ride can turn off an entire scene and as a backup, wiz you around in the dark if need be. No one has discussed, but there may also be backup projections or lighting effects if a scene/show element goes down. But I do not know this to be fact.

Last edited:
The newest issue of "Universal News" is out, and mentions nothing of TM previews. I have no idea if they do this for each new attraction, though I do know they mentioned it in the UO newsletter for HRRR. This probably means nothing, because I personally doubt they would widely advertise TM previews for this.

I realize this isn't a popular opinion, but I suspect SAS was actually an insider as well. He/she was correct about nearly everything posted, but was either misinterpreting things or things changed after the post. SAS was most likely a lower level insider, who had info that was either passed down through rumors or who was a few days behind.

First, UO WAS aiming for April 9 for a soft open date. Very seriously aiming for it. However, they made some last minute decisions, and realized they needed more time. There was a lot of debate depending on who you asked whether they would be ready or not. There were those firmly in the "we'll be ready" camp, and others in the "it'll be December by the time we get this thing open if we don't hurry our butts" camp. As we see, the answer was somewhere in the middle.

Second was the much anticipated Wednesday "event." The problem is, there was NO real event that Wednesday as far as the company was concerned. It was a normal, typical walkthrough by WB. Nothing earth shattering to the outside world except in as far as WB signing off on things and the opening date being set based on their acceptance or UO's need to add/change things. UO decided to use that day to do some loading in and training since it's usual to remove all construction personnel so the big wigs don't see how much is left to do. They also had a planned marketing event with the bloggers that was such a secret, even most of marketing didn't know about it. That's not unusual at UO either. I suspect SAS was on the construction side, and he was probably not told why the crew needed to be out of the area by a certain time.

Third and last, the technical info. SAS was right about a lot (the uncovered greenhouse, the queue). The one thing he was wrong about was the ride time, but I think he heard an approximation of the whole cycle time and misunderstood. Common misconception.

He's been vilified on this forum since he posted. I agree, he was short and snarky with his comments and rude sometimes, but he was also immediately attacked as "suspect" and that can get someone defensive. He obviously wasn't a marketing person or UO authorized person posting info, no one on here is. UO won't post info that way. He was most likely someone with some insider knowledge who couldn't wait to share it, got called names and attacked pretty immediately, tried (not too well) to defend his knowledge, gave up and stopped posting.

Just my two cents worth. I don't know the guy (or gal) or know who he (or she) is, but I sort of feel for the guy. When you work on or near a big, top secret project like this, you have access to all sorts of rumors and information, and it's hard not to share it, especially when you read a forum and people are fiercely debate just exactly the info you have. It's even harder when you do share some of what you think won't get you in trouble since it's basic info, and then because you're new on the forum everyone condemns you as a troll or liar for "making stuff up" when you know what you heard and you only wanted to have them all say "Wow, great info. Thanks!"

The cool thing about this ride is, unlike EE and the Yeti, this ride can turn off an entire scene and as a backup, wiz you around in the dark if need be. No one has discussed, but there may also be backup projections or lighting effects if a scene/show element goes down. But I do not know this to be fact.

That sounds pretty cool!