The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
does anybody think that the public/florida residents will have a preview of the area? my friend works at publix and woke me up this morning screaming about how they are going to sell harry potter after hours tickets? i doubt this but i remember back in 1997 albertsons did this for "light magic" at disneyland in california, i also think albertsons did the same thing durning the socal resident preview days for California adventure (which lasted 7 days then the grand opening if i remember correctly)

does anybody think that the public/florida residents will have a preview of the area? my friend works at publix and woke me up this morning screaming about how they are going to sell harry potter after hours tickets? i doubt this but i remember back in 1997 albertsons did this for "light magic" at disneyland in california, i also think albertsons did the same thing durning the socal resident preview days for California adventure (which lasted 7 days then the grand opening if i remember correctly)

This goes hand in hand with the publix reports I read yesterday. Seems as if Universal may sell a limited number of evening preview tickets before the opening date. They could control the numbers for an after-hours event like this, which makes it seem like a very good possibility to me.

Soft openings are techinical rehearsals basically, they will not sell tickets for a rehearsal. They really thought they would have everything done by May 28th, but when JKR and the WB big wigs showed up they saw stuff they either didn't like or wanted changed/improved hence Universal gave themselves a extra 2 week buffer to fix things as much as possible. So you know what after May 28th I guarantee you that the package holders ARE NOT the only ones getting into FJ, everything else may run without a problem, DD and FOTH, but FJ will go down constantly for technical issues, I'm positive of that one.

DrAwsome I have no problem with taking a guess on what might be in the area the problem was he stated as if it were fact & he had inside information. Than to add on to the base of factual information he gave (that was already well known) he said he had a layout of FJ which he obviously does not have & was to get attention. THAT is what I have a problem with is people stating they has insider info just to get attention & than dash our high hopes like SAS did.

Sun Lover Universal is doing everything in their power to have everything ready for the package people including FJ. They have been running it like crazy so unless there is a major problem than as Universal said you should get what you paid for. (but expect major down time still)

Vyrus Ding Ding DING! your right on they don't sell tickets to soft they fully plan on have everything softing by the 28th for EVERYONE (after the hr. of exclusive time for the package folk) DC & FOTH will run like clockwork but FJ will have a lot of down time but since it will be "open" (minus any major issue) that covers the package people & makes them happy & as long as it runs decently will allow a peak for the normal guest.

The WB walk through will be them saying get this this & this painted & done before the 28th or your dead meat that's why expect them to even try to get things done last min. before they come on Monday.

So you know what after May 28th I guarantee you that the package holders ARE NOT the only ones getting into FJ, everything else may run without a problem, DD and FOTH, but FJ will go down constantly for technical issues, I'm positive of that one.

Then why sell packages for May 28th but not have the Grand Opening? It just doesn't make sense unless they're doing rehearsals and dry runs now, "dress rehearsals" for the package-holders (with few but expected-and-warned break-downs) by May 28th when they have extreme control over their audience, and then the whole deal on June 18th.

Normally you don't sell tickets to a dress rehearsal, but Universal is on to something here -- we don't really know what they're doing, but we're going to buy it based on the HP name. If it was some obscure island with little name-value, then Uni couldn't even try this. But it's like buying on credit -- many people know that Universal is good, and that Harry Potter is REALLY good, so they will buy tickets to the early shows because they want to be first. The train of thought is "I get into Harry Potter before anyone else in the world! Woo hoo!". It isn't "Are they even going to be ready yet? Oh, I hope we get the full experience for our money." Package-holders are almost surely purchasing on the value of the Universal/Harry Potter names and trust.

^^^ To be honest the reasoning was more like Universal had a rough idea of when they would be done but didn't have a clue as far as a "Grand Opening" People kept asking so they could make their vacation plans so Universal created the package with a ruff date of being done. Than when they knew when they could get the media/stars there & when they wanted their "Grand Opening" they announced the date & told the package people don't worry you'll get to experience it. This is why when they announced June 18 they no longer had the package available before that date. Not because they sold too many but because they didn't want the normal guest coming before June 18th to crowd in on the 1st package people who already made their vacation plans. make sense? In Universal's mind May 28th is their "opening date" June 18th is just the media hooplah & advertisement date

Last edited:
According to the main site the package gets you Early Park Admission, Breakfast at Three Broomsticks, and a Commemmorative Grand Opening Ticket. Doesn't say anything about getting the whole area to yourself. Pretty sure if that was part of the deal Uni would be sure to give it a mention because then they'd make a lot more money off the tickets (Imagine how many more would have signed up if it was). I'm crossing every finger and toe in hopes that softs for this new land will have started by May 22nd, which is when I'm trekking up there in hopes of getting in before the large crowds.

^Exactly, the only reason the customer service people are saying otherwise is because they don't want the area to be completely bombarded with people that is for sure.

They are hoping to SOMEWHAT control the crowds, but God knows how many people booked vacation packages to come down that weekend but are not booked through Universal.

I'm going to be there for my birthday weekend, so I'll be able to report first hand, and hopefully expereince FJ too :smile:

I'm going to be desperately checking this thread on May 28th (or earlier if softs permit) for info from people visiting! Including experiences from packagers!
Do we have many HP packagers going on May 28th who can report back at the end of the day?

^^^ To be honest the reasoning was more like Universal had a rough idea of when they would be done but didn't have a clue as far as a "Grand Opening" People kept asking so they could make their vacation plans so Universal created the package with a ruff date of being done. Than when they knew when they could get the media/stars there & when they wanted their "Grand Opening" they announced the date & told the package people don't worry you'll get to experience it. This is why when they announced June 18 they no longer had the package available before that date. Not because they sold too many but because they didn't want the normal guest coming before June 18th to crowd in on the 1st package people who already made their vacation plans. make sense? In Universal's mind May 28th is their "opening date" June 18th is just the media hooplah & advertisement date

Hmm. In this case, I want to be wrong. You have some great points, too, mainly that the Grand Opening is only so in name, for the sake of the media and celebrities.

So the exclusive time is the Early Park Admission, as advertised? That also makes sense. Perhaps we need to speak specifically about the soft openings -- there are softs for Hogsmeade, DC, and FOTH, and then softs for FJ. I can easily imagine THAT, because then Universal could still test the ride, which will probably act like HRRR and constant fail, but open WWoHP and sell food, drinks, merchandise, and let people ride two of the three rides. Good discussion, ya'll.

Hmm. In this case, I want to be wrong. You have some great points, too, mainly that the Grand Opening is only so in name, for the sake of the media and celebrities.

So the exclusive time is the Early Park Admission, as advertised? That also makes sense. Perhaps we need to speak specifically about the soft openings -- there are softs for Hogsmeade, DC, and FOTH, and then softs for FJ. I can easily imagine THAT, because then Universal could still test the ride, which will probably act like HRRR and constant fail, but open WWoHP and sell food, drinks, merchandise, and let people ride two of the three rides. Good discussion, ya'll.

No the contract states that Universal must open up the entire area at the same time. So it won't soft in pieces or open in pieces, it'll be the whole thing or nothing at all.

I don't understand why the concepts of Grand Opening and soft openings confuse people on this board. They are standard in the theme park industry and there have been attractions that have run for months to the public before their "Grand Opening."

I guess no one's ever cared as much as they do for TWWOHP. :)

Well its always been known that they will have softs, but the main question was how long will the softs last. Universal tends to do very short softs and technical rehearsals versus Disney who tend to let go on longer than normal. One thing that Disney dropped the ball on for sure is the Yeti on EE, how do you not know the torque it would produce and completely break the foundation of it.

Universal tends to do a lot of empty testing then do the softs.

^Agreed, they need to release more "official" photos, like maybe of the storefronts or the interior of the 3 Broomsticks.

wow. Thats what i have to say. Wow. Thanks Universal for the amazing site update! 33 whole seconds of completely usesless info that we've already heard in a much longer interview with this guy! Are you kidding me?! If you make us wait another 2 weeks for something like this I'm going to flip.

Back to the breakfast question. An English breakfast is basically a cholesterol heavy fried breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans (not sweet like in the US), fried tomatoes,fried bread, fried mushrooms, etc. No pancakes or waffles. Used to be traditional to have kippers as well. I'm not really looking forward to the food except maybe the desserts and definitely the drinks, as I live in the UK and want pancakes and waffles when I'm in the US. The food won't be particularly Scottish, Cornish pasties come from as far away from Scotland as you can get.