The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 250 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just booked my trip for june the 3rd I hope I can catch a preview, I'm getting really anxious every day I come here and find out there are no softs yet! Last year I went on the same dates and I suffered every day because Rock it wouldn't open! I don't want that to happen again :(

The pics are Great.... Cant wait to go..

Thanks for all the updates....

--- Update ---

They should do away with LC and expand WWOHP ... PHASE 2... with a HP themed show. and few more rides.

Would this be possible?

gecko I wouldn't worry so much they will have the place done before the 28th with or without previews before so the package folk can get in. Than to say it again they don't get it to them selfs the entire day so I'd say your a pretty safe bet to get in. :)

was it ever confirmed that the package people would even get to go around the land after breakfast? I cant remember anything other than the special ticket, breakfast, fast passes, hotel stay, and an hour before park hours being in the package. Hopefully the package people will get in all day as well as the general guests.

Sniper43 no more HP this is enough. i like this park because it has different areas and they all have a nice unique feel to them. you don't want one getting to big because you need to appeal to as many people as possible. i would hate to see anything else go for HP. it already desroyed one of the greatest statues ever no need to destroy any other beautiful scenery. also the cost wouldn't be worth it to destoy the whole area and rebuild.

Just read that the park map says dueling dragons will be closed may 16-17

So hopefully that means May 15 is the last time that ride will be known as dueling dragons :pray:

wwohp soft opens on may 18th maybe hopefully? :pray:

the 18th is a tuesday and isn't there something about that?

Last edited:
that sounds good to me bryan! I hope that thats what it means. Sniper, that would be horrible. As much as I love HP too much of a good thing would apply and it would destroy the awesomeness of IOA having many islands. Adding is fun, deleting is sad.

So hopefully that means May 15 is the last time that ride will be known as dueling dragons :pray:

I think your CLOSE remember the 17th is the Travel expo event. After this there still needs to be previews of some sort for TMs & Passholders. So unless they are screwing over on previews for them in favor of just doing a public soft expect it to be just a bit longer. But it wouldn't surprise me if besides some TMs the travel people are the 1st to see the new DC queue.

I think your CLOSE remember the 17th is the Travel expo event. After this there still needs to be previews of some sort for TMs & Passholders. So unless they are screwing over on previews for them in favor of just doing a public soft expect it to be just a bit longer. But it wouldn't surprise me if besides some TMs the travel people are the 1st to see the new DC queue.

perhaps you're right. they may only be closing dd so they can take the tunnel down for the travel expo allowing people to walk around

perhaps you're right. they may only be closing dd so they can take the tunnel down for the travel expo allowing people to walk around

Sad but true enough but I wouldn't worry VERY quickly after that the walls will be down for good. Heck I'd be willing to bet that even though the end of that week the walls may be back up they may even be more temporary & they may have the new "chose your dragon" signs uncovered (again because of the expo) only leaving that bit of queue to the imagination for maybe at the most a bit over a week before previews. (goodnight be back tomorrow afternoon)

Wow, thanks for all of the photos... only weeks to go!

Also, I personally think the snow looks a lot better now that I saw that picture. It was always cool and pretty real-looking but that most recent picture does it for me. I'm assuming it's because of where it is taken, since it's the closest to our perspective from the ground in the WWoHP.

Last edited:
I haven’t posted on here for ages because nothing too flash is happening but finishing touches. While the discussion of Queues is going on, I thought I would say an awesome fact. If you remove all the vowels from Queue, you get Q. AMAZING!...

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Thanks for the pics hatetofly and itscomingrightatme!! :rep:

I hope so! but I also want Annual Passholder Previews!! :'(

Ok, so my prediction from last week is still sort of on track. But I will rvise it a little. The dates are still the same but some of the attendees have changed:

this past Monday: WB Execs
tuesday through Friday: Universal VIPs
Friday- Sunday: TM previews
Monday 17th: Travel Agents
Tuesday 18th: Softs

once again, this is only my guess, so please, no one make plans based off of my speculation.

Wow, just found out I'm going to Orlando for a surprise vacation on the 21st and getting an AP for Universal, didn't think I'd have a chance for a soft/preview but that image of the people in Hogsmeade has given me a glimmer of hope, seems like it could be a lucky month...that is if the volcano in Iceland allows me to fly :pray:

Yeah I live in Manchester, it's just that we go to Orlando at least 3 times a year and we've decided it would probably be cheaper to get an AP ($169 for a week/$219 for a year), it will be useful when we go back in October for HHN as we'll already have our tickets.
And you never know there might be AP previews for HP :dance:

Ok, so my prediction from last week is still sort of on track. But I will rvise it a little. The dates are still the same but some of the attendees have changed:

this past Monday: WB Execs
tuesday through Friday: Universal VIPs
Friday- Sunday: TM previews
Monday 17th: Travel Agents
Tuesday 18th: Softs

once again, this is only my guess, so please, no one make plans based off of my speculation.

This sounds feasible... AND I want to point out that sometimes softs do happen BEFORE AP previews. This was the case with Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, I saw it during a soft the week before I could have gone for the AP preview.

Even if this doesn't happen, we are only a few weeks away from June 18th. It is really close.

Reactions: BJCool and BBPH