The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know that nobody really reads my posts but why arent you guys freaking out like I am about DD closing and opening for the 18th? It can only mean that during those two days they will tear down the temporary construction wall queue in Hogsmead. Which means that the Wizarding World will more than likely be open on the 18th in some shape or form. And isn't it possible to have TM previews at night when the park closes to guests?

We do read your posts... Yes, it's HIGHLY likely that softs would begin on the 18th or shortly thereafter, but the closing of DD for a couple of days doesn't necessarily mean that. It's indicative that things are happening, but like someone else suggested, it might be for shooting a promo, or maybe to bring in some final elements into the queue or something else :shrug:

We do read your posts... Yes, it's HIGHLY likely that softs would begin on the 18th or shortly thereafter, but the closing of DD for a couple of days doesn't necessarily mean that. It's indicative that things are happening, but like someone else suggested, it might be for shooting a promo, or maybe to bring in some final elements into the queue or something else :shrug:

Or it could be that the travel agents are coming on the 17th and they don't want to have those big green walls bisecting Hogsmeade.

Well last night I had another harry potter dream. I was in Hogsmeade and it was pretty crowded so we walked to the end toward FJ and no one was there. We sat on some benches waiting for something I guess. I was just staring at hogwarts and my friends did not seem to care at all. Then I saw a TM and asked her if they were having softs for FJ and she wispered "yes". My heart almost exploded and I ran for the queue. My phone rang and it was my cousin and I told him where I was. Then it rang again but when I said hello I said it in real life and it woke me up. Sadness....

I'm tempted to call out sick from work and drive up to Orlando next Tuesday, I feel sick already :lol:

Or it could be that the travel agents are coming on the 17th and they don't want to have those big green walls bisecting Hogsmeade.

thats a good point but DD is a major attration that they didn't even want to close the first time so why close it for those people, put it back up then a few days later take them down again for May 28th? Its more cost and labor effective to do it once. But maybe I'm just being too optimistic for once.

Cause this is slow season, they aren't going to leave DD open as DD while they take down the temp queues, it would be pointless. Its slow right now, so better to close down the ride, switch out the dragon pieces on the ride(I'm hoping) :LOL: and then re-open in softs as DC.

So, for the FIRST TIME EVER, I have some insider information for you all. :D A girl at my school works at Universal in Burger Digs, and she told me that last Sunday, Wizarding World TM's were going wacko in the costume department putting on their uniforms. She described the Three Broomsticks' TM designs, which you all have seen, and also described that the Dragon Challenge costumes, which were VERY rustic and old-looking uniforms as well as having "...pads around their bodies, like for armor...", as well as the Hogwarts students' uniforms, which were "...like, EXACTLY like the ones in the movies..." with scarves and everything. She also overheard someone talking about yesterday, but she didn't really catch anything said.

After my spasming, she told me that I HAD to work there.
I agreed.

ALSO.
A couple months ago, I drove through the Nassal company and saw the normal stuff that everyone's seen, but I also saw the windows that were installed in the latest buildings on Hogsmeade being put together as well as what seemed to be the wallpaper and blinds that would go behind it. I just thought about this and thought it might be cool for some of you to know. :T

Last edited:
Going wacko probably to make sure everything is done and ready to go for the execs on Monday.

Stopped by and rode DD today, BGM was playing in hogsmeade and the music for the exit ramp from dragons was "something wicked this way comes".

Cause this is slow season, they aren't going to leave DD open as DD while they take down the temp queues, it would be pointless. Its slow right now, so better to close down the ride, switch out the dragon pieces on the ride(I'm hoping) :LOL: and then re-open in softs as DC.

Exactly. Damn I hope we're in there Tuesday.

She described the Three Broomsticks' TM designs, which you all have seen, and also described that the Dragon Challenge costumes, which were VERY rustic and old-looking uniforms as well as having "...pads around their bodies, like for armor..."

The DC costumes look to be based on Ron Weasley's quidditch uniform. Including the helmets.

I don't want to imagine how hot those are going to be this July.:faint:

I would think the DC costumes would be a quidditch style costume, thats freaking awesome I hope.

Well, some out-of-uniform people were spotted yesterday walking around in Hogsmeade, a picture of which is on the previous pages. Also, last Sunday, many HP TM's were in costume and seen. So it looks like it's finally coming!