The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 254 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sooooo... Disneyhead is "guessing" the softs might start on May 18th. Hmmm... Didn't someone on here (ME) state months ago that he had a friend at Universal that had said there was a law or something that a ride had to be running 30 days prior to an advertised opening date but then that was dismissed as being "hokey". Ah ye of little faith!!!

We said it was "hokey" because you said that it was a "law" instead of general rule of thumb. If you could provide a link to the law signed by the Florida legislature that says that an attraction must be open for 30 days, then I will gladly eat the words I'm writing right now. How long was HRRR open for softs before going into normal operation again?

We said it was "hokey" because you said that it was a "law" instead of general rule of thumb. If you could provide a link to the law signed by the Florida legislature that says that an attraction must be open for 30 days, then I will gladly eat the words I'm writing right now. How long was HRRR open for softs before going into normal operation again?

I think it was only a couple of days, right?

Whats scary is even though I know for the most part whats going on I'm starting to believe the hype even when I know it's not right you guys are just THAT good so stop it. It closing for who knows why but it will still reopen as just DD with you going the same way in you always have for the past few months. Previews will come IF WE ARE LUCKY since UO is taking so long so again let's us just be happy if the place opens to anyone before the package people get here.

One thing you must remember is this ride is a totally new ride system so theres no way of us knowing (without an insider) how many times they have to test.

BBPH very true but they have been testing FJ (which is tech. the only new ride) for a long time now so they are doing the best to get bugs worked out to create as little down time as possible & be prepared for problems. That being said there will still be a ton of down time in the start because as much as you plan something new always goes wrong when you don't want it to.

Sooooo... Disneyhead is "guessing" the softs might start on May 18th. Hmmm... Didn't someone on here (ME) state months ago that he had a friend at Universal that had said there was a law or something that a ride had to be running 30 days prior to an advertised opening date but then that was dismissed as being "hokey". Ah ye of little faith!!!

It's more based on runtime hours...as long as the vehicles have passed the number of runtime hours and are still safe it can be opened to guests...as far as softs go, it boils down to how much technical rehearsal they can fit in. It's more for training the staff than anything

Also just because I know I am not crazy & it's NOT softing on the 18th & nowhere near as "legit as Wednesday" (NO NOT because it's a Tues. haha) I'll be going bright & early Tues. so everyone will know if lightning does strike me twice & the gates swing open. (note I was going anyways so this is in no way just to prove anyone wrong & be a jerk about it) To be honest it looks like passholders are VERY close to getting screwed out of a preview before the package people get here so I have sent my pitchfork away to be sharpened & so should all of you others just in case UO screws us over.

Guys, I just discovered why they're not moving the JP sign back.

They're recreating the famous Chinese novel Harry Potter and the Golden Armor

goldenarmor.jpg

Hi Stephen! That was me. It just sounded weird to me that there'd be a "law" requiring such a thing; it just sounded weird to me... Sorry you took it the wrong way and you're still sore about that :shrug:

Not sore at all Felipe! Hope to bump into you sometime prior to all hell breaking loose on June 18th!! I'll be the one wearing the leg brace and a huge smile!

--- Update ---

^^^ geez eat some humble pie your not right YET so because I'm am sick of all this I was right or I know this biz please just give it up people & shush it. I know a ton of crap I haven't said anything (or barely anything about) but I'm not running around saying oh I was right I was right look at me

Your right. I'm not right YET! And I've got to thank you for all the marvelous pictures you have contributed to this thread. On another note, did you know that Humble Pie was originally Umble Pie and it was prepared using rats and mice caught by the Ratcatcher. Yucky!! I'll stick to Sheperd's Pie thank you!!

--- Update ---

I used the word "law" because that's the word my friend used. I have no link to provide you. No eating of words required. Geez could everyone calm the eff down! We'll all be standing in line together soon. Can't we all just get along! =)

Last edited:
Not sore at all Felipe! Hope to bump into you sometime prior to all hell breaking loose on June 18th!! I'll be the one wearing the leg brace and a huge smile!

I figured you were sore about me calling the statement hokey back then since you brought it up again now. But if you say you're not, I believe you. I have no personal negative feelings towards you at all, seriously ;-) I hope you can understand my thought process... A "law" for such a thing just didn't sound rational to me. Maybe a contractual agreement, or Universal's safety policies, but a "law" for it? It just sounded--what I described at the time as--hokey to me, what can I tell ya?

--- Update ---

Your right. I'm not right YET! And I've got to thank you for all the marvelous pictures you have contributed to this thread. On another note, did you know that Humble Pie was originally Umble Pie and it was prepared using rats and mice caught by the Ratcatcher. Yucky!! I'll stick to Sheperd's Pie thank you!!

--- Update ---

I used the word "law" because that's the word my friend used. I have no link to provide you. No eating of words required. Geez could everyone calm the eff down! We'll all be standing in line together soon. Can't we all just get along! =)

Not mad at all, bro. We cool!

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone looks at wdwinfo, but it has been reported that employees have had a soft opening with access to FJ.From what I understand it was only employees that will be working in WWOHP.

I guess that would explain why there was that photo of guest-looking people if they were doing half-guest-half-work with the WWOHP staff?
Thanks for bringing this up again - I forgot to comment on the photo when I saw it.

I'm fairly certain those were WWoHP employees/TMs. Because WWoHP isn't open yet, there'd be no reason to show up in costume every day until "dress rehearsals." There'd be little point in wearing the costume for a general orientation/tour day.

I'm sure in some sort of way people other than the engineers and ride developers have ridden FJ, and since the parks are closing at 6 its not like we can go out and get a picture of the TM previews like we were for the HRRR since you can see the ride running from Citywalk.

Haven't heard any info for TM previews. It was probably the ride staff getting a ride through which is common to happen before the rest of the TM's get there preview.