The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Waiting just hurts now. Every time I see a picture, I get shivers. This is really bad, guys. I think I need therapy or something.
Haha, GMV, I never stopped being excited, actually. When I appear to be excited, I go crazy.

My cat just received mail via a barn owl. Kitty made it out of the plate and is now in Hogsmeade.... Sadly... he isn't quite a kitty anymore... one of the younger wizards cast a spell on him trying to set him free and escape... and while he looks like a kitty... he has been transformed into a tape measure.... but he is happy and living in some kind of clothing shop in a village somewhere.... keep a close eye!

Cause this is slow season, they aren't going to leave DD open as DD while they take down the temp queues, it would be pointless. Its slow right now, so better to close down the ride, switch out the dragon pieces on the ride(I'm hoping) :LOL: and then re-open in softs as DC.

It's closing to shoot commercials. Been planned for months. Dragons pieces are NOT being changed. It will be opened as seen now. The new queue will be the surprise :)

It's closing to shoot commercials. Been planned for months. Dragons pieces are NOT being changed. It will be opened as seen now. The new queue will be the surprise :)

Thanks for the information SYTYK!

I new they couldn't convert DD to DC in just a couple of days. Uni has a pace that they like to take slow with things like refurbishments. Unless they have a very tight deadline, they take their time. Which i like so everything is done right. With the WWoHP, they had time to build the whole land but now that deadline is closer and the rush has begun to put the finishing touches in. My point is, even when Uni has a tight deadline, DD will not be converted to DC in just a couple of days. Try maybe a week to two weeks.

Thanks for the information SYTYK!

I new they couldn't convert DD to DC in just a couple of days. Uni has a pace that they like to take slow with things like refurbishments. Unless they have a very tight deadline, they take their time. Which i like so everything is done right. With the WWoHP, they had time to build the whole land but now that deadline is closer and the rush has begun to put the finishing touches in. My point is, even when Uni has a tight deadline, DD will not be converted to DC in just a couple of days. Try maybe a week to two weeks.

Most of DD's queue has been closed off for months and months, and it's just one section that needs to be finished. Even the parts we are able to walk through now are themed with new walls and new lamps, so it's only details and decorations that are missing in that small area of the queue. I think it can be done in a couple of days tops.

My cat just received mail via a barn owl. Kitty made it out of the plate and is now in Hogsmeade.... Sadly... he isn't quite a kitty anymore... one of the younger wizards cast a spell on him trying to set him free and escape... and while he looks like a kitty... he has been transformed into a tape measure.... but he is happy and living in some kind of clothing shop in a village somewhere.... keep a close eye!

Sooooooooo...they're selling Umbridge-size wizarding robes at Dervish and Banges? 'Cause that's what my deductive powers make of THAT.

Well, some out-of-uniform people were spotted yesterday walking around in Hogsmeade, a picture of which is on the previous pages. Also, last Sunday, many HP TM's were in costume and seen. So it looks like it's finally coming!

Thanks for the update! I’m so excited! :happy:

I'm getting very excited. A couple of weeks ago I wasn't exactly "thrilled" but now I'm pumped and ready. I want the WWoHP to open!

I second that. PLEASE UNIVERSAL, OPEN IT ALREADY!!!! :hail:

you think he'd be a help to the shop keep...but nooo he just admires the pretty clothes all day

Sooooo... Disneyhead is "guessing" the softs might start on May 18th. Hmmm... Didn't someone on here (ME) state months ago that he had a friend at Universal that had said there was a law or something that a ride had to be running 30 days prior to an advertised opening date but then that was dismissed as being "hokey". Ah ye of little faith!!!

Last edited:
^^^ geez eat some humble pie your not right YET so because I'm am sick of all this I was right or I know this biz please just give it up people & shush it. I know a ton of crap I haven't said anything (or barely anything about) but I'm not running around saying oh I was right I was right look at me

Sooooo... Disneyhead is "guessing" the softs might start on May 18th. Hmmm... Didn't someone on here (ME) state months ago that he had a friend at Universal that had said there was a law or something that a ride had to be running 30 days prior to an advertised opening date but then that was dismissed as being "hokey". Ah ye of little faith!!!

Hi Stephen! That was me. It just sounded weird to me that there'd be a "law" requiring such a thing; it just sounded weird to me... Sorry you took it the wrong way and you're still sore about that :shrug:

So if its closing just for a commercial shoot and than open as dd again than ok whatever, but if it opens back up to the new queue line than yay! I doubt it will be dc because that seems a bit too close. If the commercial thing is wrong (which it probably is right) and its closing just for those travel people than that may annoy the guests in the park and seems like a waste to close it down in my opinion.

For those of us thinking that DD was being closed for the travel agents, keep this in mind: according to the itinerary for their event, they will be at WWoHP during the evening. This would have no effect on the operation of the park during regular hours. Therefore, there would be no reason to close it for them. The commercial shoot claims makes much more sense.

So if its closing just for a commercial shoot and than open as dd again than ok whatever, but if it opens back up to the new queue line than yay! I doubt it will be dc because that seems a bit too close. If the commercial thing is wrong (which it probably is right) and its closing just for those travel people than that may annoy the guests in the park and seems like a waste to close it down in my opinion.

Yeah, seriously, that would be a waste of time and labor to close it once again, to re-open it (again) as DD and re-close it (again) and then re-re-open it a few days later... Close it, let the VIPs and commercial people (or whoever needs to go in pre-opening), let them all go in and then open the damn thing for good already... It's time for softs Uni!!! COME ON UNI!!!

Last edited: