The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 251 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone think Universal would do a live webcast like they did when they first announced the project? Because that would be really good for me considering I'm in england.

---Update---

Wooo matpez got the 5000th post :rep:

Last edited:
Reactions: BJCool
Getting really excited now!! 5 weeks Friday until our trip!!
It may be really busy during those weekdays after WWOHP opens, but at least we'll get to ride all the rides :)

Another issue here about DD....while it's nice that they're not going to change the ride too much, what will the Harry Potter fans think when they see the Fire and Ice Dragons instead of the Horntail and Fireball they were promised......

Has anyone thought of the possibility of a TM REVIEW instead of PREVIEW? Time's running out till Grand Opening and with as many ee's as Universal now has, I really don't see them being able to fit in dedicated time for this with the nomral soft openign they will be doing for guests. What I see as more plausible is a TM review come fall after the kinks have been worked out of the area and attractions, the summer crowds are gone and buzz for the new addition has died down more. This makes it more likely they can close the area down for extended time to guests (ie, after the earlier closing time in the fall) to accomodate all TM's that wish to partake.

Awesome pics! I got goosebumps seeing the people in Hogsmead in regular clothing and trash bins everywhere. I never would have thought that would make me happy.

We are so close! I can almost smell the cauldron cakes and taste the butterbeer!!! I too hope they do some sort of online thing for the grand opening. It would be even more awesome if they showed the grand opening on tv.

Another issue here about DD....while it's nice that they're not going to change the ride too much, what will the Harry Potter fans think when they see the Fire and Ice Dragons instead of the Horntail and Fireball they were promised......

But thats the thing they are not Fire and Ice anymore, RIP Pyrock and Blyzrock (I think thats how you spell them). They are the Horntail and the Fireball, they are just divided by team color, Blue Team and Read Team. Granted, it would be nice the tracks were painted black and red which would fit better, but this is my guess on why they haven't painted the tracks.

Maybe it could be Krum vs Harry since Krum faced the Firball in the books and Harry the Horntail. Harry = Blue, Krum = Red.

I am more upset that they chnaged the queue line for DD to fit Harry Potter. DD line was always one of my favorites. It was dark and scary...even if it was really long.

Its already been riddled that the wands have some sort of composite metal rod inside the wood to give the wand some weight and durability, but to be honest who would buy a wand and use it? This is more of a show piece that you put on the mantle and say "yes, that piece of wood chose me."

I have an AP, does this mean they may allow me inside the gates on May 22 ??

There is truly no way of knowing that at this point. They didn't mail out any AP preview flyers, so its all up in the air when actually jo schmo's can walk in.

Has anyone thought of the possibility of a TM REVIEW instead of PREVIEW? Time's running out till Grand Opening and with as many ee's as Universal now has, I really don't see them being able to fit in dedicated time for this with the nomral soft openign they will be doing for guests. What I see as more plausible is a TM review come fall after the kinks have been worked out of the area and attractions, the summer crowds are gone and buzz for the new addition has died down more. This makes it more likely they can close the area down for extended time to guests (ie, after the earlier closing time in the fall) to accomodate all TM's that wish to partake.

Doubt that is the case.

They always use us as guinea pigs first...this way they can test certain things that they wouldn't want to test when regular guests are present (an example of this is during HHN the houses have fire drills (usually) sometime during the employee preview...this year I was just scaring people in my little area, minding my own business and the lights come on and the music goes off and I hear a fire alarm...I was like well...yay short set hehe :) )

WE INTERRUPT THIS THREAD FOR A BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN

I'm going to HP Land in TEN DAYZ!!!!! Sorry, to distract but I'm so psyched right now...LESS THAN 2 WEEKS, YAHOO!!!! :whoo:

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED DISCUSSION

WE INTERRUPT THIS THREAD FOR A BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN

I'm going to HP Land in TEN DAYZ!!!!! Sorry, to distract but I'm so psyched right now...LESS THAN 2 WEEKS, YAHOO!!!! :whoo:

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED DISCUSSION

No one cares ?!?! jk =) Make sure to take a lot of pics so that you can upload them on here !!!!

I'm hoping the new storyline to DC will be similar to the original kinda, but it can still be Potter themed. It could be that guests find a abadoned tri wizard castle which was destroyed by two recently escaped dragons. *shrugs*

Anyone headed out to the parks today to see if people are walking around that are not construction people? especially if they are walking in and out of FJ.

Its already been riddled that the wands have some sort of composite metal rod inside the wood to give the wand some weight and durability, but to be honest who would buy a wand and use it? This is more of a show piece that you put on the mantle and say "yes, that piece of wood chose me."

I think you misunderstood Teebin. The wand itself is made of a composite (Resin) with possibly a metal rod in it to add weight. It looks identical to the ones sold by Noble Collection, box and all, yet weights considerably more. It is not wood. I am talking about Harry Potter's Wand, that was in the Grand Opening Celebration invites. I would assume this is the same as what will be sold in the park.

I know that nobody really reads my posts but why arent you guys freaking out like I am about DD closing and opening for the 18th? It can only mean that during those two days they will tear down the temporary construction wall queue in Hogsmead. Which means that the Wizarding World will more than likely be open on the 18th in some shape or form. And isn't it possible to have TM previews at night when the park closes to guests?