The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 262 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey everyone great pics DH, id just like to say i was part of the Saw the ride promos, and yeah it was great to get to ride before everyone else all the waiting around and not being able to goto the rest of the park is SO annoying.

Just looked at the photos...I have to say those look like the family members of Universal executives. Why else would they all be wearing blue? I notice that most of the people on the patio are kids, which makes me wonder where all the adults are? Possibly in three broomsticks getting a business presentation? The kids seem to be waiting for something.

So my theory is that today was a day where Universal had it's final run down meeting of the park before opening for softs, the executives were allowed to bring their children to try out the new ride (I guess Harry Potter is more important then going to school?)

The security guard was there to assure that no one got into FJ without passing by her first. Why else would someone be standing there? I would speculate that those kids were able to ride the FJ..and that the park will be opening for softs next week sometime.

They were testing the "kiddie coaster" before the kids were able to ride it, which most likely happened also.

It's almost time!

Lol Currently getting my computer arts degree then transferring to film school... Any more of us out there? XD

Lol Currently getting my computer arts degree then transferring to film school... Any more of us out there? XD

I graduated FSU Film school..one of the top in the country at the time. After many attempts, I am no longer in the film industry. Good luck kids!

--- Update ---

Shocking to see such a bored group of kids despite them being the first in WWOHP!

like I speculated, they are probably waiting for something. There must be a formal board meeting going on inside, and the kids and family members were not allowed in.

Im sure they were all just anxious to ride the rides, and were upset because they had to sit out on that patio.

Na na na na boo boo boo, I've been in WWOHP.....no I haven't, but oh well doesn't hurt to dream, morning everyone.

I must say Rhino, that's a pretty damned good idea. Answers all of my questions I had (Why blue?, why bored?, why kids?).

so now we have 3 possibilities

1. Film shoot
2. exec families in park. Kids wait while meeting finishes
3. Uni. feedback group (my original idea)

Personally, I feel that since they are allowing those people to sample WWoHP, then most of the area is ready for the GP. I know for sure Hogsmeade is ready to be open. I'd say in around 5 days DC and FoTH should be ready, and FJ should be ready by the 18th at the latest.

I'd say softs should start sometime next week, just my gut feeling.

EDIT
--------------------------
Up on Uni's official site, they now have a whole page about Filch's confiscated goods (according to the page there will be an on-ride photo that guests can purchase...cool!!!). Don't know if this is new or not...if so, then maybe it's a sign that everything is just about ready. click on Hogsmeade, and once inside, keep moving forward, u should run right into a clickable sign for it. Also appears they made nicer clickable signs and themed music for all the shops and restaurants inside including: The Owl Post, Ollivanders, Dervish and Bangs, 3 broomsticks, Zonkos, etc. CHECK IT OUT!!!

Last edited:
Out of all the possibilities, I would put "Film Shoot" in the far far bottom. Those kids aren't models. and why in the world would they all be wearing the same colors? If they are REALLY doing a photoshoot, the kids would be dressed a lot nicer, and with more variety. They would also be much more attractive. No offense kids.

If my idea about them being family of the executives is incorrect, then it has to be some sort of speical promotion or test group.

but still I think my theory is pretty much sound. Those kids are waiting for the big "meeting" to be over so they can go and have some fun.

They could have AT LEAST given those people Butter Beer or Pumpkin Juice while they waited...those corporate cheapos!

Finally, I wanted to comment on the "No Coke" rumor. I think this would be a HUGE mistake on Universal's part. There may not be any Coke products sold on the streets of Hogsmede..but no soda inside the Three Broomsticks? Seems like such a huge waste of possible income. Think about being a tired parent with your kids yapping at you, "I want a soda!" and you go up to the counter and say, can I please have two cokes? "Sorry, only Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice is sold here" Butter what and Pumpkin who? That doesnt sound that appitizing to the typical consumer. "No thanks, I will just get a water instead" It's a nice idea, but I just don't see how that makes any sense. Then again only allowing 25 people in the Wand Shop doesn't make sense to me either.

Still down cwoolboy :/

24oyo35.png

ARGH!!!! why does it work for me??? I mean, I grew up my whole life being told I was "special" but I never thought it was true...maybe I was wrong?

http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

try this link guys. I know u guys probably think I'm a dirty liar, but I SWEAR that on my computer the site is workin just fine...it's quite pretty. There's info for Hippogriff that is either new or I never took the time to read . God, why must I be the lucky one who can see the site while it is suppossedly down? keep refreshing until the damned thing works. DAMNIT UNIVERSAL YOU'RE MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A LIAR!!!

EDIT: Just tried the site again to make sure I'm not imagining things...still works just fine for me. THIS IS SO EFFIN WEIRD.

Just tried it yet again, and this time there's no falling letters, just takes me strait to the regular Uni main page ( potter is only mentioned in a sidebar now). WHAT THE EFF IS GOIN ON???

Last edited:
I just meant the main Universal site, I wondered if they were adding something. Going to the HP link directly works, just not through going to the main website.
Try going to http://www.universalorlando.com cwoolboy

Edit: just to let you know, on the HP website relating to Filch, I'm sure I saw that part that mentions the FJ photo a couple of weeks ago or more

Last edited: