The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 267 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kids are gonna want to see harry , what will uni say about him not being there, that he is in class. Then the kid comes back 5 hours later and asks "is harry still in class" ?? I know they can find someone that will look exactly like hagrid.

Its the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. He should be there. Thats like going to Disney and not meeting Mickey Mouse.

Last edited:
No, it would be awkward and different. Mickey is a cartoon. Not a real character. Are kids going to go and take pictures with somebody who has a resemblance to a real person? Yes. But it would be awkwardly weird. So no.

And Harry's in the DADA classroom. Where he's supposed to be. At that time, they're not allowed out of Hogwarts' grounds.

No, it would be awkward and different. Mickey is a cartoon. Not a real character. Are kids going to go and take pictures with somebody who has a resemblance to a real person? Yes. But it would be awkwardly weird. So no.

And Harry's in the DADA classroom. Where he's supposed to be. At that time, they're not allowed out of Hogwarts' grounds.

True, i get what your saying.

Even if he looks EXACTLY like Hagrid, the problem is it turns the character into a cartoon. To reduce someone as dignified as Dumbledore or Snape to a silly, dancing and posing with kids theme park character is just ridiculous and would honestly be insulting to me as a huge Potter fan. Thankfully Rowling has more respect for her characters than to do that to them.

I agree, I never said to have Harry, Ron, or Hermione walking around, but Hagrid, Dumbledore, Trelawny with the big spectacles. Maybe a couple times a day have deatheater attacks, even have a dwarf dress up like Flitwick. These are costumes and face pieces/beards/glasses that you get someone who looks close enough and then you're good.

--- Update ---

Even if he looks EXACTLY like Hagrid, the problem is it turns the character into a cartoon. To reduce someone as dignified as Dumbledore or Snape to a silly, dancing and posing with kids theme park character is just ridiculous and would honestly be insulting to me as a huge Potter fan. Thankfully Rowling has more respect for her characters than to do that to them.

But its not an insult that is the thing. You are taking a picture with the world famous magician Dumdledore, that is all. Hell if in Marvel island the super heroes come out to take pictures instead of "fighting crime" why can't Dumbledore take a stroll through Hogsmeade and a muggle stop him for a photograph.

Cool beans, FloRida848. :)

And yes, but we're not talking about turning the actors into characters, we're talking about using real life TM's that resemble the characters. Regardless, I understand what you mean and would agree if that were the case, haha.

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

Just because you paint a lightning bolt on someone's forehead that doesn't make them Harry Potter. Kids (and us HP crazy grownups) can see the "real" Harry in FJ. And as far as Hagrid wandering around...I mean come on, he's 8' tall. I don't care how many actors they audition, they're not going to find someone who can pull that off in person--it takes a whole lot of movie magic to bring Hagrid to life.

JKR is a meticulous person. Had she been anything less while creating Harry's world this tread wouldn't even exist. I for one am so excited to visit WWoHP primarily because I know it is going to blow my mind, and the reason I know it's going to blow my mind is because JKR has maintained as much creative control as she has.

Reactions: Felipe
Mookie, my heart stops every time I see that you posted an update. Same to everybody else (esp. Samuele and Disneyhead), but, I don't know, you're updates are kind of intense. Haha.

OSHI-
NEW WALL. D: / :D ???

Ay forget it, I give up, people just don't understand the point I'm trying to make. The characters would not stand in one location, they would not have a line to see them. They would walk around, interact in the area, and act like they are really there. If people stop them to talk to them or take a picture, so be it. But not a typical meet and greet per se. Just another element to bring you into the world.

And on another note, if Harry is suppossed to be in class and he is there. Why are other students the ones walking around Hogsmeade?? Shouldn't they be in class too?

"Premiere Caterers" more than likely= a shoot. You get two things as an extra- crap pay and food. Also that wall allows two things as well- room to tear down the gates and room and space to move cameras and equipment. Also blocks our views to see if they're filming or not, so we won't know for sure for awhile.

Last edited:
Well that is ridiculous then in my opinion, especially with little kids, they want to take pictures with the characters. I understand Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but Hagrid and Dumbledore would be naturals to have meet and greets.

I just don't get SOME of the decisions made in the area versus others.

Well they're all chillin in hogwarts and they're being played by the actual actors from the films...so a fake Harry, Hagrid, etc would look odd

Mokie, did u take this pic today or yesterday? If today, then its a 3-day shoot...really weird.

oops, double post. Someone plez delete this one, not the most recent one. Thnx.

Last edited:
Mookie, did u take this pic today or yesterday? If today, then its a 3-day shoot (I'm assuming those people in the pics on tuesday were extras as well).

And I knew I noticed something different in the first pic...glad to see they took the wall down, if it stays down then we know softs are imminent. (Everybody cross your fingers and wish real hard)