The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 269 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mookie can you confirm that the wall was down (the one with the green gate that would be behind that black wall)

Noted the new wall makes me major POed & excited all at once because a) it's farther back so you can't get closer to the entrance but b) it's easier to see through than the other wall so you can see all the excitement even if its from farther away but c) it's more than likely only being used up until tues. for the travel parties than the old wall will be back *sigh*

Was the other wall on casters? It didnt look so easily moved in the photos, but I havent seen it in person so...

OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hogs Head Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oF05iiG8fo

I almost had a heart attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although it will be similar, we shouldn't get our hopes too high that the Hog's Head will be just like that one. That was made specially for the movie and requires puppeteers hard at work on a remote control to pull off the level of movement. It will be cool, I just don't think it will be that crazy.

Although it will be similar, we shouldn't get our hopes too high that the Hog's Head will be just like that one. That was made specially for the movie and requires puppeteers hard at work on a remote control to pull off the level of movement. It will be cool, I just don't think it will be that crazy.

What do you mean, it looks just like it !!!

Was the other wall on casters? It didnt look so easily moved in the photos, but I havent seen it in person so...

If they wanted it moved it could be taken down but yes it was a bit more permanent than this one. It still wouldn't surprise me though if they did take it down to give the party folk the final visual of the area UO knows who to keep happy & how.

--- Update ---

No, I can't confirm.... sorry. Next time I go I'll try to get a closer look.

It's ok I'm going Sunday so I'll get a look & report what I find via Twitter early in the morning :) looking forward to the rest of your pics though

Yeah it LOOKS just like it. But that one for the movie requires people using advanced robotics to get its movements just right. For example, that snout is WAY too mobile and articulate.

Sad but very true this is a very good example of what to expect though but we shouldn't expect that much movement. (but close enough it will still look great)

Yeah, that Hog's Head in that video is intricate as hell. I mean, it dripped water from its nose! That's definitely not ours.

In the pic posted by uninversal earlier, someone in this thread mentioned that they saw drool on the hog too ??

How do you know its not the same mechanics. You guys talk as if you know.

Dude, did you watch the video? They had two guys behind that damn thing with HUGE controls. Let's set aside the COST that two people working that thing 12 hours a day and just stick to the fact that they'd have to build a special alcove in the walls to get in and out of it. It's going to be cool, but it's going to be an AA and not as articulate. Never said it wasn't going to move, just said not to get your hopes up about it being that articulate.

Last edited:
Dude, did you watch the video? They had two guys behind that damn thing with HUGE controls. Let's set aside the COST that two people working that thing 12 hours a day and just stick to the fact that they'd have to build a special alcove in the walls to get in and out of it. It's going to be cool, but it's going to be an AA and not as articulate.

Bro, i was the one who posted the video. I just said that that part can be mechanical about 4 post ago !!!! They dont need to have someone behind it for Hogs head. They can customize props for differ. situations or settings.Also, Universal said thet the hog would be interacting with its guest. (if you didn't know)

Last edited:
I wouldnt dismiss the fact that all those movements are possible in a theme park animated figure...even the dripping liquid out of its mouth...film special effects are alot of times much different than permanent effects, being a film student you already know that.

Bro, i just said that that part can be mechanical about 4 post ago !!!! They dont need to have someone behind it for Hogs head. They can customize props for differ. situations or settings.

Bro, of course the thing is mechanical. So is the one in that video. But something things would be ridiculously expensive to replicate in a self-functioning AA, LIKE THE SNOUT. That's all I said. I'VE ALREADY SAID THAT IT WILL MOVE! It was confirmed ages ago! I just said don't expect that level of authenticity. And yes I am a film student, and physical props on a set ARE much different than those found in an attraction that is meant to last years.

Last edited: