The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 268 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mokie, did u take this pic today or yesterday? If today, then its a 3-day shoot...really weird.

Three day shoot is not weird at all. If they are shooting indoors and outdoors and they're filming during the day, then it's especially not weird. And that's not even factoring in difficulty to shoot inside places like the DC queue.

Here's an example of how long commercials could take: I was on a shoot once as an extra. It lasted 12 hours. Amount of footage actually used in commercial: 5-7 seconds. Now, this is an extreme example, but it shows what is possible. You have to do multiple takes, different lighting and camera angles, and with WWoHP, lighting for small AA's, lighting in very dim places, multiple VERY SMALL stores, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a huge film buff as well (Would like to be a screenwriter some day). So I've been to Cali several times and I've toured several different studios and sat in the audience for a couple of famous shows. I know how long these things can last...I just can't help but wonder how the normies that aren't allowed in yet are reacting to seeing people inside the gates??? Imagine all the questions and complaints security must be receiving.

Guest: Excuse me, Can I get into Harry Potter now?
Security: No, it's not ready yet.
Guest: But you let all those other people in!!!!
Security: *Sighs*

Can we move past the character debate? Both sides have been very clear about their views on the subject. We understand how the characters could move around (Jack Sparrow). We understand the integrity/authenticity of not having them there. The fact (whether a happy or a sad one is up to you) is that they won't be there. Both sides heard and accounted for? Yes? Good! On we go!

This is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations

If Uni decided to allow TMs to dress like Harry, Dumbledore, Hagrid, etc then kids get a picture and the chance to talk with them for a while, but it kinda tarnishes the atmosphere and could upset huge fans.

But if Uni doesn't allow TMs to dress up like major characters then the atmosphere seems more realistic to die-hard fans, but most families complain becuz their kids couldn't take a pic with Harry or some other chraracter.

It's a lose-lose. I personally don't feel one way or the other about this. It's not going to affect me either way, cuz I'm too old for pics anyways.

Sorry Jymmymack...Just needed to point out that it's really a pointless argument.

Mookie: Interesting that it was today. thanks for the info. I wonder how much longer the shoot or whatever their there for will go on for??? Excites me to actually see some people in the area.

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUqfxhj5kZU&feature=related

I think captain jack sparrow looks like the one in the movie.
what can you say about this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha

This is one of multiple Jacks...most of them, unfortunately, give it a good try but just aren't close enough and to me, it seems odd. Animated characters you can get away with it easier, but when you have characters in a live action movie the actors must look, act, speak, etc exactly like the real thing or else something is lost. Besides, it's a big day at Hogwarts and at Hogsmede....Muggles are in for the first time...DD and other professors are needed in the castle to help with tours...make sure none of those muggles go poking about where they shouldn't be...and the students all have class and/or need to assist with tours.

Here's an example of how long commercials could take: I was on a shoot once as an extra. It lasted 12 hours. Amount of footage actually used in commercial: 5-7 seconds. Now, this is an extreme example, but it shows what is possible. You have to do multiple takes, different lighting and camera angles, and with WWoHP, lighting for small AA's, lighting in very dim places, multiple VERY SMALL stores, etc.

Exactly, that is the perfection of American film. I once watched them drag one shot for a coke commercial in the "old port" of Portland, Me... (and on cobblestoned "Moulton St." I might add... ahem...) all for one shot of a sexy young guy on his motorcycle guzzling a coke. Me and friends stood around for 2 hours... and they hadn't even rolled the camera even though everything was in place... streets hosed down... then after two hours they were ready to roll... and the guy gets on the bike... and some idiot trying to diffuse the light just right had used wrapping tissue... well just before action... the tissue went up in flames... That one 3 second shot probably took 5 hours. But I left.

Filmmakers must hate sunrise and sunset shots... as they only have about 30 minutes to nail it.

This is one of multiple Jacks...most of them, unfortunately, give it a good try but just aren't close enough and to me, it seems odd. Animated characters you can get away with it easier, but when you have characters in a live action movie the actors must look, act, speak, etc exactly like the real thing or else something is lost. Besides, it's a big day at Hogwarts and at Hogsmede....Muggles are in for the first time...DD and other professors are needed in the castle to help with tours...make sure none of those muggles go poking about where they shouldn't be...and the students all have class and/or need to assist with tours.

So you worked as a Jack? this off topic but did you happen to know that Jessie guy that was on project runway?

"Production" is so wierd. I went to film school, know all about lighting and that kind of shizzle, and now work in the world of you get one shot (perp walk, shuttle launch, Tiger's wife driving out of Isleworth) and you get it right. I would LOVE to have 5 hours to get 5 secs. of usable video. I get 4 secs to get 6 secs of video.

Filmmakers must hate sunrise and sunset shots... as they only have about 30 minutes to nail it.

Not only do you have 30 minutes to get it, but the light is CONSTANTLY changing very quickly, unlike a regular daytime/nighttime outdoor shoot in which you can count on the lighting to be relatively the same for a few hours. Here, it's getting darker and darker, which also makes those lights look brighter and brighter. Getting the right "effect" of dusk is a pain in the arse.

Mookie can you confirm that the wall was down (the one with the green gate that would be behind that black wall)

Noted the new wall makes me major POed & excited all at once because a) it's farther back so you can't get closer to the entrance but b) it's easier to see through than the other wall so you can see all the excitement even if its from farther away but c) it's more than likely only being used up until tues. for the travel parties than the old wall will be back *sigh*

I have been working the 3am- noon shift all week. We do live shots every half hour from 5am-8:30am every morning. I have to white balance about a thousand times.