The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 271 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Im sorry but this seems like pointless defense of JK. She isn't god, so why does she feel the need to act like one. Sure she is the creator of the series, but she IS NOT a theme park manager, and has NO idea what people want and buy when they come to these parks. So calm down kids.

It is rumored that Disney lost Potter because they wanted to do Potter their way, and not JK's way. Just be glad that Universal is willing to kiss her a**.

On the topic of JK, i really dont think its her right to dictate as much as she does in WWOHP. Universal is as succesful as it is for a reason. Coke should be served in the restaraunts, Hagrid and CO should be meet and greets. If she wanted to decide everything, why didnt she just let disney make a harry potter area. Universal are so good at the little details and its no good that Potter fanatics and little ones cant meet the characters just because JK has some ridiculous reason to not allow for them. I mean what does it matter to her, she is already a BILLIONAIRE.

On the topic of the kids, i dont think they are related to anyone of importance. They wouldnt be dressed like that and they just dont look like rich kids. The sign of the police guard is probably saying that FJ is running with people on it ( maybe those kids).

Great pics everyone!

On the topic of JK, i really dont think its her right to dictate as much as she does in WWOHP. Universal is as succesful as it is for a reason. Coke should be served in the restaraunts, Hagrid and CO should be meet and greets. If she wanted to decide everything, why didnt she just let disney make a harry potter area. Universal are so good at the little details and its no good that Potter fanatics and little ones cant meet the characters just because JK has some ridiculous reason to not allow for them. I mean what does it matter to her, she is already a BILLIONAIRE.
She has EVERY RIGHT. It is HER characters, HER world, HER choice.
Furthermore HP is NOT about just getting to take pics w/ the characters. How would you feel if you're a HP fan, walking down Hogsmeade fully imearsed in the world of HP, when out of nowhere a little tourist kid runs up to a badly dressed Dumbledore wanting his autograph. So although I respect your opinion, it is a bad one.

--- Update ---

And it's not all about the money it is aboutr her pleasing the die-hard HP book fans, and not compromising the integrity of her characters. And can we please stop arguing about this and get :focus:

On the topic of the kids, i dont think they are related to anyone of importance. They wouldnt be dressed like that and they just dont look like rich kids. The sign of the police guard is probably saying that FJ is running with people on it ( maybe those kids).

Great pics everyone!

I agree with you 99% but i do think that Jk does have the right to dictate as much as she does in WWOHP. Its her world not harry potters lol. I just think that sometimes you cant be sooo forceful (i dont know how to say it) with an idea that you have. I understand that she wants it to be acurate but at the same time it has to make the customers and guests happy.
I would love to go back 5 years and see what disney would do with this project if they would have gotten it.

She has EVERY RIGHT. It is HER characters, HER world, HER choice.
Furthermore HP is NOT about just getting to take pics w/ the characters. How would you feel if you're a HP fan, walking down Hogsmeade fully imearsed in the world of HP, when out of nowhere a little tourist kid runs up to a badly dressed Dumbledore wanting his autograph. So although I respect your opinion, it is a bad one.

I really like how you assume that they'll go ahead and half-ass the characters. Universal has done more than anyone would ever need to to make this a great theme park experience. I think it's disappointing that I'll be immersed in this wonderful enviroment and not be able to shake hands with Hagrid. No one is going to go to the park and see a character and go "OMG THEY'RE DEAD IN THE BOOKS SCREW UNIVERSAL AND THEIR SACRILEGE". Did you know Captain America is dead in the comic books? I see him everytime I go to IOA. WTF??? This whole "ruining the integrity" thing is ridiculous. It's a theme park, not some LARPing village. If I want to have a Coke, I'd better be able to get one.

And the thing about JK appealing to her die-hards? If she really wants to appeal to them, why doesn't she just write another book?

Reactions: mantaguy
Thats sucks. =(

Not really it gives you a reason to go through all the queues even if you don't want to go on the ride. I know I'm going through DC's queue even though I don't like coasters so I can see all the cool new stuff. You just go when the line is basically a walk on & it's not really a big deal your not doing the ride.

I really like how you assume that they'll go ahead and half-ass the characters. Universal has done more than anyone would ever need to to make this a great theme park experience. I think it's disappointing that I'll be immersed in this wonderful enviroment and not be able to shake hands with Hagrid. No one is going to go to the park and see a character and go "OMG THEY'RE DEAD IN THE BOOKS SCREW UNIVERSAL AND THEIR SACRILEGE". Did you know Captain America is dead in the comic books? I see him everytime I go to IOA. WTF??? This whole "ruining the integrity" thing is ridiculous. It's a theme park, not some LARPing village. If I want to have a Coke, I'd better be able to get one.

And the thing about JK appealing to her die-hards? If she really wants to appeal to them, why doesn't she just write another book?

All great points.

Watch a little documentary called, "J.K. Rowling : A Day in the Life."

If you knew how emotionally invested she was into this series, then you would understand why she's so picky about details and certain names and locations. If I had literally created a whole world out of nothing, then I'd want to have 100% control over someone's interpretation of it. She's already given Universal alot of extra options with the Hogsmeade section of the park.

Universal wanted an Ollivanders location in Hogsmeade, Gringotts ATM, Owl Post, different types of beer in the Hog's Head and she said yes to all of them. She's not this overbearing dictator saying NO, NO, NO. She's open to suggestions just like every other human being. I personally agree with her when it comes to the topic of walking characters around the land. As a big fan of Harry Potter, I wouldn't want anyone else playing those parts in real life, even if they do look similar, just not something I'd like in my opinion.

Reactions: Felipe
Is there evidence that Disney had a shot at WWoHP? I'd like to see some.

JK conceived Harry Potter, carried him in her proverbial womb through boxes of back-story, and then gave birth through 7 novels, 4 of which are over 700 pages long. All mothers find it hard to let go. Wouldn't you?

The "accuracy" of the Wizarding World may be compromised here and there by Muggle products and brand names, but frankly I'm thankful they haven't gone the road of corporate sponsorships, like Disney has had to do. Can you imagine "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry: Presented by Sylvania, a Seimens Company"? "Welcome to Gringott's Wizarding Bank, brought to you by your friends at Goldman-Sachs!"

All the world's an advertisement, thus quoth the bard. And men and women are merely consumers. Even those on vacation in a magical world.

Let's stop debating on these two items of truth. You all KNOW what's going to be and not going to be there.
1. Characters from the movies will not be walking around for photo-ops and the such.
2. Coke will not be served anywhere there.

kthxbai. :)

Agree with you 100%. If she wanted it so perfect she could have bought some acres her self and built the WWOHP. ;D

Hay everybody, first post here on this forum.

I have read on other sites that the park would close due to capacity. What does this mean and is it true.