The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love to go back 5 years and see what disney would do with this project if they would have gotten it.

We will never really know for sure what Disney would of done, but Disney is not going to just give up on one of the biggest franchises in history. Universal had the better pitch and concept and that's why were getting ready to experience Harry's authentic world complete with Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, Three Broomstick, Hogshead Pub etc etc... Rather than a single omnimover placed in Fantasyland and a meet and greet starring Mickey and Harry.

Like I am sure everyone does, I have my own opinion on the coke debate, character debate and debate about JK Rowling. However, I will not argue my opinion because it is my opinion and I find this whole debate pointless. As many people have pointed out Coke will not be sold in Wizarding World. Characters will not do meet & greets. We should all just let it go.

Now, I saw from my phone that Mookie posted pics but I couldn't see them on my phone. I am going to try & wade through this arguing to find the pics, unless perhaps someone knows what page they are on... :) Maybe... Please. lol

Hay everybody, first post here on this forum.

I have read on other sites that the park would close due to capacity. What does this mean and is it true.

Welcome to the forums!!! :D

And it is almost certain that the park will close due to capacity. That phrase basically means that they have to close the park's entrance because it's so chock full of people. Haha.

Can my dad go dressed as hagrid, will he get in trouble ??

You can try but I think they will turn him away at the gate lol. There are a lot of adults who will want to wear their wizard robes ect. & unfortunately as was talked about before they are SOL because it's a safety issue to have guests in costumes

yea, costumes aren't even allowed in HHN, what makes you think they'd allow them for Opening day of Wizarding World??? If costumes were allowed I'd probably **** myself from laughing so hard, can imagine what it would look like to have 90% of guests dressed up as characters from the book? sorry guys, just stating it like it is. :rofl:

and as far as the whole COKE SHOULD BE SERVED, TMs SHOULD BE BE DRESSED AS CHARACTERS, once again...SORRY, but you guys are :deadhorse:

Hay everybody, first post here on this forum.

I have read on other sites that the park would close due to capacity. What does this mean and is it true.

Welcome, miaballaa! They would probably close WWoHP first, -- maybe use the Lost Continent entrance as the ONE entrance and JP as the ONE exit, JUST FOR the huge early crowds -- and then close IOA at capacity. As far as I have seen, this only happens to Magic Kingdom during Christmas and maybe other parks on New Years. So it would be a spectacle for sure. Just know this: Universal may get an "A+" for theming or detail, but they have always gotten a "D" in my book for crowd control. Their concerts can be riots, HHN is a trip to a dive bar, and there's usually an attitude of "I don't know, I"ll ask someone else" when it comes to customer service. Expect varying levels of mayhem and dumb-assery.

But don't let that discourage you from giving it your best effort! I'm planning on bringing a book for the 4-hour FJ queue...

A. Only a week left till my HP trip
B. All the clues (Kids in park, Butterbeer cart out in open, smoking chimneys, FOTH running on and off) seem to impy the place is ready for guests...DAMNIT UNI, SOFT OPEN IT ALREADY!!!!
C. My Guess: DC: Ready to Open in 5 days. FOTH: Ready to Open in now. Hogsmeade: Ready to Open now. FJ: Ready to open by the 19.

Ok, all 4 now. Im gonna go head to bed now...see ya in the AM.

Welcome, miaballaa! They would probably close WWoHP first, -- maybe use the Lost Continent entrance as the ONE entrance and JP as the ONE exit, JUST FOR the huge early crowds -- and then close IOA at capacity. As far as I have seen, this only happens to Magic Kingdom during Christmas and maybe other parks on New Years. So it would be a spectacle for sure. Just know this: Universal may get an "A+" for theming or detail, but they have always gotten a "D" in my book for crowd control. Their concerts can be riots, HHN is a trip to a dive bar, and there's usually an attitude of "I don't know, I"ll ask someone else" when it comes to customer service. Expect varying levels of mayhem and dumb-assery.

But don't let that discourage you from giving it your best effort! I'm planning on bringing a book for the 4-hour FJ queue...

Hay thanks for getting back to me...Wow i never even thought they could close the park because of so much people. i already booked my trip for june 29 - July 2 and i would be so bummed if they wont let me in because to much people. i will just have to get there when they open i guess

Good Idea.. i might bring HP book for the 4 hour wait

Is there evidence that Disney had a shot at WWoHP? I'd like to see some.

JK conceived Harry Potter, carried him in her proverbial womb through boxes of back-story, and then gave birth through 7 novels, 4 of which are over 700 pages long. All mothers find it hard to let go. Wouldn't you?

The "accuracy" of the Wizarding World may be compromised here and there by Muggle products and brand names, but frankly I'm thankful they haven't gone the road of corporate sponsorships, like Disney has had to do. Can you imagine "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry: Presented by Sylvania, a Seimens Company"? "Welcome to Gringott's Wizarding Bank, brought to you by your friends at Goldman-Sachs!"

All the world's an advertisement, thus quoth the bard. And men and women are merely consumers. Even those on vacation in a magical world.

Atticus, in the first thread I posted a link to a patent that was filed that was supposedly for a Disney HP ride. It involved everyone having a wand and interacting with scenes. Would've have been a slower, more whimsical ride (like the first film) it seems, as opposed the thrill ride with a lot of grandeur that UO is aiming for.

It was assentially Toy Story Mania with a bit more theming around the sets and rooms and circular round seating with wands rather than two seating with guns.

About time for TM Previews.

Ticket Distribution for Team Member Preview of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ Begins Monday, May 17 - (HOT)
Team Member Preview dates and times will be communicated at Team Member Ticket Distribution.

Ticket Distribution Dates & Times

Monday, May 17

* Wardrobe: 7:00am – 5:00pm
* Exchange Dr.: 9:30am – 4:30pm
* CityWalk: 9:00am – 8:00pm

Tuesday, May 18

* Wardrobe: 7:00am – 5:00pm
* Exchange Dr.: 9:30am – 4:30pm
* CityWalk: 7:00am – 6:00pm

PLEASE NOTE: The Team Member Preview is for UO Team Members only and is not open to guests, third party team members, or concessionaires.

Last edited:
Reactions: kitfisto92
I guess that this debunks that "May 18th" soft pretzel rumor. This also might mean that those dates specified for package holders might very well be the date being used for softs.

Last edited:

Awesome!
That's two days from now!I don't even know what to say, but it looks like this thread is going to get busy soon....

I guess that this debunks that "May 18th" soft pretzel rumor. This also might mean that those dates specified for package holders might very well be the date being used for softs.

That's what I've assumed all along. I never believed it for a second that those package holders would be getting anything exclusive during the daytime. Package holders and general public will be allowed into WWOHP for softs May 28th, that's what I'm speculating.

This is my (late) opinion on the discussion about Coke and main-character impersonators in the WWoHP...
- I'm all for authenticity and detailed authenticity only; I stand firmly by that.
- Jo Rowling asks for these things to be excluded because she cares and respects her world and her creation, but most importantly she respects and sticks out for the people who love the Harry Potter world, and she is not on the side of money and personal greed. All this talk about her being rich and yadda yadda... If she cared about the money then we'd have all sorts of products sold, but no. She asks for authenticity for the sake of our experience, and I think that's what Uni is going for too, apart from wanting our money...
- I have the prime example of a popular book whose author sells out and the material gets destroyed with a movie that is an abomination to the art of book-to-film adaptation, all because he wasn't involved enough and didn't stick out enough for his creation and his fans... ERAGON... That's all I'm going to say. I'm SO glad Jo looks out for what she thinks is best in the WWoHP and our experience there, and that Uni is going along. :thumbs:

Now I'll move on... :p

Thanks for pics Mookie! Awesome as always! :D

I don't believe this has been posted yet. The Orlando Sentinel has posted an article showing the progress of Hogwarts from March 28th, 2008 to May 12, 2010. Here's the article: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fe...lding-harry-potters-hogwarts-in-pictures.html

Thanks for the heads up! That's pretty cool! I remember all those stages! INCREDIBLE work they've done!

Could this be the RoR/loading station?

LoadingStation.jpg

EDIT: Photobucket is effing up on me so I'll post the Orlando Sentinel's pic without my markings:

hw-2_06-28-08.jpg

I think we go up a stone ramp (I think I saw it on Ellen's video) and then we get to the "second level" (that platform seen there within the structure) and this second level will be the RoR where we load onto the benches and on our forbidden journey we go! Whatch'all think??

THANKS!!! :D I still hope they have an AP preview or at least something like an AP appreciation night or ANY special thing for APs.

Last edited:
EDIT: Photobucket is effing up on me so I'll post the Orlando Sentinel's pic without my markings:

hw-2_06-28-08.jpg

I think we go up a stone ramp (I think I saw it on Elle's video) and then we get to the "second level" (that platform seen there within the structure) and this second level will be the RoR where we load onto the benches and on our forbidden journey we go! Whatch'all think??

Interesting idea... seems like that could definitely be the case based on that picture.

And thank you for the update King_K!

EDIT: I was bored so I marked a big 'ole red dot from where the photo above (in quotes from Felipe's post) was taken in case anyone didn't realize...

FJphotolocation.jpg

Last edited:
....ok cool, so anyways can we continue the conversation about TM previews? They're kind of a big deal. I say we get softs Wednesday the 19th, since DD will have just reopened and I'm assuming it will then be Dragon Challenge and hopefully all the consturction walls will be down and we can get in!