The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 285 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Big OOOPS! Sorry about that... that must have been the pruning riddle... and that was referring to a decision that probably took place 10 months ago. To be clear I have heard of no malfunctions on the ride at all!

Then why won't they let TMs ride the darn thing, they are going to go on DC and FOTH, two rides that they more than likely have all ridden before.

Then why won't they let TMs ride the darn thing, they are going to go on DC and FOTH, two rides that they more than likely have all ridden before.

LOL, I can see it now. "Welcome employees. Today we are going to show you two exciting rides that you have ridden over 100 times already...oh that castle? Don't worry about that for now. Instead enjoy Dueling..I mean Dragon's Challenge!"

What a Gip...if they are not alllowing guests or "thrid party" people then what's big deal?

My guess...they WILL be riding FJ, they just cannot talk about it. Maybe this "tweeter" is just blowing smoke up are behinds?

I don't know... even Teebin seems to think things are being run a bit upside-down on this project.

It seems like Universal has made a firm commitment to the idea of using secrecy to hype a launch unlike Disney who actually promotes "leaks" to hype new expansions or attractions. It could be that FJ is still in development phases but I highly doubt that a month before the grand opening they wouldn't at least have the ride ready for softs. I wouldn't put it past them to insist on NDA's but I think even Universal knows that once something gets out it goes viral and NDA's go out the window whether or not they were or weren't violated.

I hope they have FJ open for softs so we can get some info before the actual launch... I'm going on the 19th of June and I don't want to have to wait until the night before to get some juicy morsels of information about this ride.

From Mikey of Magic City Mayhem..

Team member preview for #WWoHP is this tues-thurs 7-10 and fri 8-11. And no guests or third party team members are invited.

http://twitter.com/justmikeyhrc/status/14168949564

I'm glad someone else said it because I wasn't going to & now that I am caught up I will say a few things.

1st Kyle It doesn't look like you'll get on FJ tonight but have a wonderful time & take lots of pictures when you can. I did see some set up & testing (which should be for tonight) & you guys are in for a treat including a Blue Man Group performance over at the stage by Rip Ride Rocket. (I saw them testing the lights ect. while walking out of the wrestling event last night at 11PMish very cool stuff lots of strobes)

Next I feel bad FJ won't be open for the TM preview but maybe later they will get a special ride night? But I will say that the reasoning behind it not being open is not major. (again a fact & not saying anything else)

I know about JJ's pics but since he is not saying anything neither will I. The packaging looks very cool & by the end of this week if TMs can bring cameras expect as many pics of the candy as you may or may not want.

Vyrus is you were referring to me at all anything I have stated was true at the time of posting. I knew of something that needed to happen before TM previews would start & this end date is the morning of Tues. So even though I only knew about the tickets being handed out a few hrs. before the board did. I learned about it the same way as everyone did. There is much I wish I could tell (as I'm sure Teebin does) but we don't want to get anyone fired as much as we want to give out info to all of you.

As far as yesterday I am working on the pics I took with my camera but I will say you could clearly see the "stars" of the ad a girl in a Hufflepuff robe & a boy in a Gryffindor one. I hope to have the hq pics to you guys by later this afternoon but until than any questions feel free to ask.

Doubt it just blowing smoke, as Giant has written here before, TMs love blabbing that they've done something new, so if they rode it, we would know it, and if they wil WILL ride it, again we would know about it.

I wonder if Universal will let the people attending the POW WOW tonight drink coke products to night, or if they will be forced to drink HogHead Ale, Pumpikin Gin Martinis, and ButterBeer and Vodka instead.

Hey guys it's been a while........

Here's the thing about third party. These are people who work for other companies throughout UO. To give you an idea on how massive 3rd parties are....The people who do the photos, the guys who run the locker, some of the survey team, the henna/psychics, magic shops, sword and ancestry shops, BMG, hotel staff, most City Walk restaurant staff, Blue Man Group and a few others are just a list that I am aware of. That is a large group pf people inside the parks and outside who must talk about Harry Potter but wait for it to open and see it like everyone else.

As for the no FJ for preview......well it is being posted where tickets are being picked up as to the whys we can only guess at it......I am not sure but I will say that I am going to enjoy myself regardless on my preview date.:happy:

I wonder if Universal will let the people attending the POW WOW tonight drink coke products to night, or if they will be forced to drink HogHead Ale, Pumpikin Gin Martinis, and ButterBeer and Vodka instead.

No Coke, it wouldn't be "wizard-like"

Although, I wouldn't be too bummed if the drinks you recommend are served

I'm glad someone else said it because I wasn't going to & now that I am caught up I will say a few things.

1st Kyle It doesn't look like you'll get on FJ tonight but have a wonderful time & take lots of pictures when you can. I did see some set up & testing (which should be for tonight) & you guys are in for a treat including a Blue Man Group performance over at the stage by Rip Ride Rocket. (I saw them testing the lights ect. while walking out of the wrestling event last night at 11PMish very cool stuff lots of strobes)

Next I feel bad FJ won't be open for the TM preview but maybe later they will get a special ride night? But I will say that the reasoning behind it not being open is not major. (again a fact & not saying anything else)

I know about JJ's pics but since he is not saying anything neither will I. The packaging looks very cool & by the end of this week if TMs can bring cameras expect as many pics of the candy as you may or may not want.

Vyrus is you were referring to me at all anything I have stated was true at the time of posting. I knew of something that needed to happen before TM previews would start & this end date is the morning of Tues. So even though I only knew about the tickets being handed out a few hrs. before the board did. I learned about it the same way as everyone did. There is much I wish I could tell (as I'm sure Teebin does) but we don't want to get anyone fired as much as we want to give out info to all of you.

As far as yesterday I am working on the pics I took with my camera but I will say you could clearly see the "stars" of the ad a girl in a Hufflepuff robe & a boy in a Gryffindor one. I hope to have the hq pics to you guys by later this afternoon but until than any questions feel free to ask.

Ok..fair enough..you know something but can post anything..that's fine. Can you answer this question...Will the fact that FJ not being open for their own employees..mean it won't be open for anyone else during softs? You say it's not "major" but can you give us some hints at least?

For those wanting to speculate on softs for public keep this in mind. From the time TM previews end until the 28th when the package people get here there will be less than a week. Now even thought pass holder previews have not been announced it would be insanely stupid for UO not to have them in these few days leading up to the 28th. (not to mention guest service hell) So for a public soft I would expect (yes expect with the before facts but not knowing for sure) that they would start either the 28th or 29th after the hr. of exclusive time for package holders & no sooner.

I'm not surprised about the BMG performance, UO needs these shows to sell out more often and what better way than to show off to the TAs and have them include tickets in vacation packages.

Ans Diz I understand you know some stuff, and I commend you for that. It was almost a given that UO was going to have these things previewed and seen this week, it just made too much sense for it.

Ok..fair enough..you know something but can post anything..that's fine. Can you answer this question...Will the fact that FJ not being open for their own employees..mean it won't be open for anyone else during softs? You say it's not "major" but can you give us some hints at least?

As of right now nothing that should effect softs except the down time we all expect it to have being a major new ride. It would be a VERY bad idea to not have this thing run until it breaks down come package time.

As of right now nothing that should effect softs except the down time we all expect it to have being a major new ride. It would be a VERY bad idea to not have this thing run until it breaks down come package time.

Ok so my guess based on what you just said is that they are actually running the ride continuosly, to make sure there are no errors or problems with it..that way it should be ready for softs by next week?

Still dont understand why the employees aren't invited to ride along with them......

My guess is the ride is fully functional with no problems, maybe they are cycling it to get it to reach max capacity as soon as possible. They want 47 vehicles but currently can only get 30 on the track for example. Who knows.

As far as having say it open for pass holder softs your guess is as good as mine right now. But they may decide to just wait for the package people to come to open it so that they can do more during the next week & a half. But for having it open for the package people so they "get what they paid for" currently I would see that happening.

Well I would hope that UO wants to give people what they paid for, if not they would be having a PR nightmare and the news will have little kids in HP costume crying and saying "I couldn't see Hagwid and now I'm sad, all I got was chocolate."

So if the employees can't ride FJ during the TM preview, what exactly are they getting a preview of? Shops? :lol: