The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dreamcat, do you know any of the employees that were hired to actually run FJ; work with the boarding and dispatch etc.? If you don't does ANYONE on here know any of the employees that will actually be working the ride itself. If you dare not say anything... a wee bit of a wave or something might be helpful in understanding stuff.

If not actually ride the ride... It would be very cool if they let TM's walk through the dispatch area and see the benches flying off into darkness.

Last edited:
I never said the TM previews are worthless, I just said it sucks not to be able to ride FJ.

Otherwise I'm dying to walk the DC queue and also the FOTH queue.

Or maybe they are surprising TMs about riding FJ and a select few will be lucky enough to try it out.

vyrus, what makes you think that its ready for guests let alone TMs?
Im hoping tms get to at least walk the queue because thats an attraction in itself. I would be happy to do that, its the next best thing.

Because by all accounts, the ride is ready to go, they wouldn't state a grand opening date without them having the ride finished. I'm not surprised if it hasn't been finished for a while now and it has been cycling for a month. Its smart business. UO doesn't want people coming and complaining about FJ like they did with HRRR.

They have one chance to get this right, and they don't want to mess it up again like they did with HRRR, and to a smaller extent with ROTM cause of the down time the ride had in the beginning.

Where in the last 5-10 pages on this thread has there been a verified 100% true statement saying FJ wont be open for TM's during their preview this week? I cant find it.

They probably just arent done training employees for FJ... That's the only valid reason I can think of not previewing it.

They probably just arent done training employees for FJ... That's the only valid reason I can think of not previewing it.

how much training goes into this? Isn't it pretty much all run by computers anyway?

Press the Green button to Go.

Interesting tidbit about Facebook...would they allow Public acess to the area the same time I offered cast member previews? Hmm............

Where in the last 5-10 pages on this thread has there been a verified 100% true statement saying FJ wont be open for TM's during their preview this week? I cant find it.

Several reliable TM's have posted on Twitter stating that when they received their tickets, they were told FJ would not be running.

WOW, that says a whole lot there if they let general crowds and not offer an exclusive AP preview.

All AP should write into UO demanding a preview and if not, a free Express pass to the front of the line for the 3 attractions there.

I would have to agree that thats pretty freakin messed up. Allowing general guests in when apers havent.

Now that fb post has me excited, maybe saturday is the start of softs?

how much training goes into this? Isn't it pretty much all run by computers anyway?

Press the Green button to Go.

Interesting tidbit about Facebook...would they allow Public acess to the area the same time I offered cast member previews? Hmm............

There's a lot more training than that. What if you get stuck on the ride? Another green button to release? :lol:

Anyway, a preview without FJ honestly isn't much of a preview, especially when the other attractions minus their new queues have been there for 10 years.

There's a lot more training than that. What if you get stuck on the ride? Another green button to release? :lol:

Anyway, a preview without FJ honestly isn't much of a preview, especially when the other attractions minus their new queues have been there for 10 years.

Exactly what I was spraying...

I was joking about that..but I can't imagine it would take more then a day or two to train employees on how to operate the ride. For god sakes they let teenagers launch the Hulk Coaster!!

Anywho..on the whole Pass Holders are getting crapped on...It's unusual for Universal to do this..when I was a pass holder I got all kinds of invites to things..like the "last Kongforntation ride", a preview of the Mummy, etc...so Im surprised that they are giving them the cold shoulder. My guess is that they either ran out of time, or they will do something special for them later...maybe they will be entitled to that same "magic hour" as the package holders?

Soft openings and AP previews are entirely different things. No reason for anyone to get upset.

Soft openings and AP previews are entirely different things. No reason for anyone to get upset.

I have also tried to say this before... in the past Disney has had a public soft opening of attractions BEFORE holding the scheduled AP preview. Having one does not in any way mean you won't also have the other.

I have also tried to say this before... in the past Disney has had a public soft opening of attractions BEFORE holding the scheduled AP preview. Having one does not in any way mean you won't also have the other.

This is completely true. However... I only did it once for Soarin and it was totally not worth it... EVERY AP holder in the south arrived and the wait was atrocious. I completely ignored the EE AP event... probably because I had already ridden it.

@Justmikeyhrc just posted this on Twitter:
Soft openings for [HASHTAG]#WWoHP[/HASHTAG] will start sometime next week. Universal made people sign non-disclosure forms before riding prior to today.

I'd assume he's talking about regular softs for next week which is interesting to hear.