The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 291 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
another picture of the plane

28333_406351846896_733136896_3902286_6975518_n.jpg

:jaw:

Amazed. Shocked. Pooping-pants. HOLY CRAP.

THANK YOU TO ALL who have taken (illegal) pictures, posted said pictures, or otherwise provided descriptions of the amazingness that is now being revealed!

The "No Photography" thing has to be a part of the contract concerning when the WWoHP is officially "opened" -- if one part is "revealed", then all parts must be "revealed". I know that on previous attractions at this and other parks, details have been unofficially leaked and advertised -- but HP, with all its fan-dom and culture, has the potential to be a game-changer for UO in the next few years. By keeping it top-secret, especially with photographs, maybe they feel that they are holding a better hand than they would if they left a lot of the "advertising" to our cell phones, cameras, tweets, and word-of-mouth. It's all about the Benjamins. Lots and lots of Benjamins.

So, I will be able to ask this tomorrow, after the secret person comes up for air. Does anyone know, are the singers really singing live and are they miked? Anyone know?

I'm sure it's live, because it would look really stupid if it wasn't. My guess is that they will come out to sing three or four times a day, like most of epcots perfomers...they will have shows

So, I will be able to ask this tomorrow, after the secret person comes up for air. Does anyone know, are the singers really singing live and are they miked? Anyone know?

I would think they have to be miked, considering they're right by FOTH and all the noise will make it hard to hear them, right? Otherwise we'd hear "double double toil and *roller coaster screams* cauldron bubble *more roller coaster screams*"\

That one tweet about ollivanders is probably going to be true but I think its worth the line. The frog choir is live teebin.

Wow to the illegal pics... I wonder if they had to sign something, oh well they are still awesome.

From someone who has been underwhelmed in the hype of the whole Harry Potter thing, after seeing those pictures of the castle at night, all I can really say is..

Let me in. Now.

usually when I'm waiting for a new major attraction to open I always spoil it for myself by looking at leaked pics of the ride, I'm so glad that this time there wont be any before softs!

From someone who has been underwhelmed in the hype of the whole Harry Potter thing, after seeing those pictures of the castle at night, all I can really say is..

Let me in. Now.

I completely agree. The lighting package that this island has gotten is just AMAZING. Amazing atmosphere and that's not even factoring in the area music.

Last edited:
some pics i found

approach-to-hogwarts.jpg

potter-castle-up.jpg

what's that white wall sticking out from the right of the rock
:rolleyes:

haha, I agree with you.

But I can see what Universal is argueing now.

Hey! you cant see the show building at NIGHT! because is dark!! wahaha.
UC cheapskates.

:jaw:

Amazed. Shocked. Pooping-pants. HOLY CRAP.

THANK YOU TO ALL who have taken (illegal) pictures, posted said pictures, or otherwise provided descriptions of the amazingness that is now being revealed!

The "No Photography" thing has to be a part of the contract concerning when the WWoHP is officially "opened" -- if one part is "revealed", then all parts must be "revealed". I know that on previous attractions at this and other parks, details have been unofficially leaked and advertised -- but HP, with all its fan-dom and culture, has the potential to be a game-changer for UO in the next few years. By keeping it top-secret, especially with photographs, maybe they feel that they are holding a better hand than they would if they left a lot of the "advertising" to our cell phones, cameras, tweets, and word-of-mouth. It's all about the Benjamins. Lots and lots of Benjamins.
But the secrecy doesn't mean a thing if half of it was already televised via the Ellen show a good month back and there is a virtual walk-through on the official site. If they had at least kept photography to only Hogsmeade/shots of the castle, it would make more sense seeing as how Dragon Challenge and portions of Hippogriff were left out of the taping. But with the No Photos rule it's kind of a slap to the face, saying "we only want to advertise the attraction OUR way; we don't want or need any outside help". Especially with as much money they've spent advertising, a little free publicity here and there would help them save money (maybe to go towards more landscaping *cough*more rock walls*cough*).

Thanks for posting a link to Inside the Magic earlier in this thread. While I couldn't attend tonight's event personally, I still enjoyed assembling bits of information online.

And now... here's a little more. We were sent a photo of one of the safety signs posted inside the Forbidden Journey attraction and it certainly makes the ride sound thrilling!

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2010/...sign-reveals-ride-capabilities-and-maneuvers/

I'm looking forward to some "dramatic aerobatics." ;)

Last edited:
The night pics. . . . OHMYGAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11one!

Major pottergasm there. I literally squealed out loud. Waiting until the last week of June (for my trip, not the grand opening [because I know someone will have tried to correct me]) is going to be torture. . . .

--- Update ---

Sweet! Butterbeer is only $3!

What the hell did you want them to do to the show building? you must forget that covering the whole ****'in thing in stone would throw the forced perspective off... That facade cost them fortune enough im sure... the show building is huge, unless you wanted them to build a life -sized hogwarts on top of it, there was probably nothing more they could do to hide it... drop it... please...