The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 292 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No, a cleverly planned mountain ridge facade along the side could have easily protected the view. Extra foliage from FOTH would have helped. And a greenhouse extension over the extended queue and a wall of foliage along JP's entrance would have helped, too. This could have easily been added. The problem? Dinero.

I couldn't resist to see the pictures. OKAY.
LAST POST 'TILL FRIDAY. HURR.
I have a feeling this will be hard.

Last edited:
My word... message from pow wow... secret person is quaking in their shoes. Sounds near nervous breakdown. Will talk with secret person tomorrow. But it is all about Potter and I will post what I can and dare... which is pretty much everything... as Teebin kinda knew... something sorta kinda sorta..... you end this sentence. Let me put it this way... anything thing I hear 3rd party will be a weight off my shoulders and a big smile on my face.

where did you see this? i havent been keeping up. :-/
psyched that its only $3 i was figuring a LOT more.
awesome. im sure everything else will cost a small fortune of course. ;-)

Different prices of items are posted in the article by Orlando Sentinel. The link is on a previous page.

--- Update ---

I also am excited that Butterbeer is only $3 and the frozen Butterbeer is only $4

Different prices of items are posted in the article by Orlando Sentinel. The link is on a previous page.

--- Update ---

I also am excited that Butterbeer is only $3 and the frozen Butterbeer is only $4

thanks! i havent gone back far enough i don't think.
I just skimmed back looking for pics. i havent been on very often, just now and then waiting for more 'actual nifo' and less speculation.
looks like we will be getting more of that now
YAAAY
:-D

The Orlando Sentinel stuff is interesting about the pricing. Including the base wand price is $25 but they heard there are more expensive ones. (this makes sense since the replicas I believe are around $40) The ties seem like really cheap pieces of crap if they are only $10. I for one would rather spend $30 on the noble collection version witch is a ton nicer.

On another note yes there is talk of no cameras for TM previews. UO is cracking that whip for some strange reason & I just don't get it.

Last with being sick the pics from Tues. are not up yet but with everything tonight you should have lots to talk about. I'll load the pics tonight & have them shortly after I wake up ready for viewing. Thanks for your patience :)

--- Update ---

That was a good article... I was just cringing when they talked about Flight of the "Hippograf" :rolleyes: :bonk: Oh and wands at 25 bucks isn't that bad! Too bad I have two already, but maybe I'll give in :p I can't wait to try all the food and beverages!

Last edited:
That was a good article... I was just cringing when they talked about Flight of the "Hippograf" :rolleyes: :bonk: Oh and wands at 25 bucks isn't that bad! Too bad I have two already, but maybe I'll give in :p I can't wait to try all the food and beverages!

Yea, I'm going to be broke after my vacation. At least with these reasonable prices I should have a lot to show for it! I will need a wand... and of course I'll have Butterbeer, Pumpkin Juice & Hog's Head Brew, I DEFINITELY want a snitch seeing as Quidditch is one of my favourite things about the Harry Potter books. Yep, I'll be broke. I bet I'll want everything.

Hey everyone. We had an amazing night tonight at Pow Wow. I'm staring at my Ollivander's box with my wand as I type! Hope you enjoyed the twitter updates. We did our best to try to keep you in the loop as we went. The full update with details will be up either later tonight or tomorrow depending on some technical stuff we have to wait on. VisitOrlando.com/smile

Overall we were very impressed with the level of detail in the park. When we bough our wands that chose us there was actually DUST on the box... and that wasn't just us, our friends' had it too. I loved that there are so many shops I didn't even know about that you can't enter but have window displays. We didn't get to ride FJ but did get to see the line which is pretty incredible, although I was hoping for a bit more from the greenhouse. There were mandrakes but they didn't scream (as of yet at least). The Hippogriff animatronic looks great too. Check out the site for our full update. 'Night!

Reactions: Felipe
So yeah, Friday will be the day I will be able to say nah nee nah nee boo boo I got to see it...well most of it anyway :) ride won't be open, but I'm still super excited! Mainly excited because of the food (meh it's my fat kid side talking hehe :) ) Even though FJ won't be open, it's not going to be a waste of time...we'll even be allowed to walk through the queue so we can see all the amazing detail put in. I will be taking loads of pictures...well mainly of the stuff that I helped with hehe :)

On another note yes there is talk of no cameras for TM previews. UO is cracking that whip for some strange reason & I just don't get it.

I picked up my ticket today and saw nothing about no cameras at TM previews...it wouldn't surprise me, but we have not been told this as of yet...

Hey everyone. We had an amazing night tonight at Pow Wow. I'm staring at my Ollivander's box with my wand as I type! Hope you enjoyed the twitter updates. We did our best to try to keep you in the loop as we went. The full update with details will be up either later tonight or tomorrow depending on some technical stuff we have to wait on. VisitOrlando.com/smile

Overall we were very impressed with the level of detail in the park. When we bough our wands that chose us there was actually DUST on the box... and that wasn't just us, our friends' had it too. I loved that there are so many shops I didn't even know about that you can't enter but have window displays. We didn't get to ride FJ but did get to see the line which is pretty incredible, although I was hoping for a bit more from the greenhouse. There were mandrakes but they didn't scream (as of yet at least). The Hippogriff animatronic looks great too. Check out the site for our full update. 'Night!

Thank you so much for the twitter feed! Quick question about Flight of the Hippogriff. Were you told if you HAVE to bow to Buckbeak before boarding? Or is that more of a cutesy little touch because they can't literally expect everyone to bow to an animatronic bird thing.

Elle, in line you hear Hagrid talking about how to approach a Hippogriff but you don't have to do it. We were hoping they wouldn't let the train leave the station until people bowed, but no such luck.

All sounds just as one would hope it would. Thanks guys for the update and glad more than anything that you had a blast!

I guess since it is just Hagrid's wicker creation for practice not everyone must bow, that is really cute and great to hear confirmed an Animatronic Hippogriff.

Also glad that the wand experience is more of a mini show than build a wand and then you move on to buy it.

DUST!

Love it all, thanks guys.

lol I can imagine the line getting held up just because kids who think they're too cool refuse to bow. Maybe there's a secret eject button, and the people who board without bowing get flung off in the middle of the ride, just like in real life.
err, if hippogriffs were real that is.

Man, that would be awesome.

I happened to be in Citiwalk tonight and spoke with several of the Pow Wow attendees. It was quite easy to strike up a conversation with those that had Harry Potter bags. I did get to see one of the wands and was quite impressed. The detail was impressive, and as was mentioned before, the person mentioned dust in the box. For some odd reason, they would not tell me the cost though. Also saw a Prisoner of Azkaban shirt and a gryffindor shirt. The attendee stated that they were quite expensive, but did receive a 10% discount through AAA. They also felt the quality of the merchandise was quite good.

One attendee told me the butterbeer was "wonderful". The same person commented that the entire event was spectacular, particularly the BMG performance and the "laser sky" down the main street of the Studios. A laser was set up outside of the arch, and projected a "dancing" beam all the way to the library. I did see it, and it was pretty interesting.

Another attendee commented on the quality of the food (they mentioned ribs and seafood), and that they were quite impressed with the "furniture under the tents around the stage". Not quite sure what this was, but they also mentioned "electric"palm trees and colored tables around the music plaza.

All in all it sounds like it was a great event. For anyone who attended, please feel free to elaborate on anything that I have posted here to help fill us in.

No, a cleverly planned mountain ridge facade along the side could have easily protected the view. Extra foliage from FOTH would have helped. And a greenhouse extension over the extended queue and a wall of foliage along JP's entrance would have helped, too. This could have easily been added. The problem? Dinero.

I couldn't resist to see the pictures. OKAY.
LAST POST 'TILL FRIDAY. HURR.
I have a feeling this will be hard.

My word... message from pow wow... secret person is quaking in their shoes. Sounds near nervous breakdown. Will talk with secret person tomorrow. But it is all about Potter and I will post what I can and dare... which is pretty much everything... as Teebin kinda knew... something sorta kinda sorta..... you end this sentence. Let me put it this way... anything thing I hear 3rd party will be a weight off my shoulders and a big smile on my face.

No, It doesnt matter how well the facade was planned, the needs of the building and the park would not have allowed it to cover any more, im sure... that and also the building is so massive that they would, like I said earlier had to make the castle ALOT bigger than what it already is. It would throw off the perceived scale of the building...

teebin, please say this is good news and not bad news... im fearing bad news...