The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 293 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah I'm with you guys, I can't believe how rusty the Hulk is... wait... we're talking about a bunch of cool HP stuff? I'm in the wrong thread... 'scuse me... :bolt:

Wow, I'm really impressed with all the new details. Had no idea they would have all these little (and big touches) to the Hogsmeade area and the queues.

I think we're going to have to take our video camera through the queues to film them! Only thing is where to store them during the FJ and DC rides. Where do you guys put them to keep them safe whilst you're riding?
Btw, that animatronic hip, do you only see it whilst you're riding? In that case will we be able to film the FOTH whilst we're on it?

Probably already mentioned, but butterbear in plastic cups (from one of our twitter peeps gizlau):
101915892.jpg

http://twitpic.com/1ooet0

I'm guessing you can buy the pint-glass version though for a higher cost.

Last edited:
That's the first time I've seen that image.

Looks like a refreshing drink, but i'm not a big fan of the plastic cup, they'll probably have a collectible "refill-able" goblet for sale, so that'll tide me over.

((Can't believe i'm up this late, but the Sig and avatar I created came out faaaantastic, so totally worth it.))

IMO, i think it will be left for the grand opening.. :thumbs:

Let me tell you about the riot that will ensue if it is not open for the package...... I for one will be there on May 29th and expect EVERYTHING will be available as the package stated. I understand some things may be down occasionally to work out the glitches, but the package was sold as the entire WWoHP, and if FJ is not open, I will NOT be a happy camper. And the 6 people I'm bringing with me will probably start a riot...... We're talking teenagers who have grown up in Potter World....they will not be pleased, to say the least. It will be a PR nightmare...

OK... I just called Universal and they're saying FJ will be open for the 28th package (with, of course, the caveat that it might go down on occasion) and they're still maintaining that the park will only be open for package holders. They are now (finally) calling it their "soft"... first time I've heard them say that! I asked about AP preview and they said they still hadn't heard anything....

I know this has been talked about a bit already..but can the board collective try to figure out why in the WORLD was The Forbidden Journey not open last night, or for team members this week?

It makes no sense to me, at all.

The only hint we have been given was from Brent, who states "It's nothing major"...ok, so if it's not major, why would they completely miss the oppertunity for their own employees to ride it? Theories anyone?

Universa probablyl spent quite a bit on the party last night, and yet their main attraction, the attraction that everyone is curious about remained closed. Why?

so let me throw off some ideas...

1. The Ride is not ready, it's having technical problems..it will not be opened until June 18th at the earliest. (this is the worst case scenerio)
2. Universal doesnt want ride impressions to get out yet (Why? Why even let people in to the WW and give impressions on that?)
3. J.K. Herself wants final word/ride before anyone else can ride it (I thought of this last night..is it possible they are waiting for upstairs apporval?)
4. They are currently cycling the ride to get it to full capacity.
5. Cast members still haven't been fully trained.

Any other ideas? For the folks like Orlando Smiles that attended the event, did Universal give any indication WHY the ride was still closed?

Yeah I don't think Uni would dare not have FJ open for package holders since they were paying for the Grand Opening event so would expect to be riding the rides available at Grand Opening.

It's strange that they didn't allow them to ride FJ, although I also find it strange that no photos were allowed at this major media-style event. Perhaps it is just about not wanting details to get out, but all this paranoia from them is silly really.

Yeah I don't think Uni would dare not have FJ open for package holders since they were paying for the Grand Opening event so would expect to be riding the rides available at Grand Opening.

It's strange that they didn't allow them to ride FJ, although I also find it strange that no photos were allowed at this major media-style event. Perhaps it is just about not wanting details to get out, but all this paranoia from them is silly really.

I don't know if the ride isn't open for it's own employees to ride, what makes you think it will be open for these package people?

I don't know if the ride isn't open for it's own employees to ride, what makes you think it will be open for these package people?

OK... I just called Universal and they're saying FJ will be open for the 28th package (with, of course, the caveat that it might go down on occasion) and they're still maintaining that the park will only be open for package holders. They are now (finally) calling it their "soft"... first time I've heard them say that! I asked about AP preview and they said they still hadn't heard anything....

Thats why..........

lets be frank...the people at the Customer Service dept, don't really know anything. They tell the customers what they want to here. There is still a very good chance it won't be open for those people. All Im saying is if you are one of the people that will be entering the park on May 28th..keep those expectations in check.

It is strange that TMs don't seem to be getting a preview, but I would have thought that since these are customers who paid specifically (and several hundred dollars) for the Grand Opening package Uni would put a priority on having FJ open to them.