The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 354 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe their laughing because they're thinking " If only they knew what we still had to do" ....or " if they would have come a week from now"

But the TMs That flocked to the gates to excite everyone was LOW...

I was 8 when IOA opened so did Spiderman have have many technical problems early on? Or has it even had many problems ever. I've ridden it a ton of times and it had a small problem with the projector once but the ride didnt even stop. I'm asking because I know how FJ has been compared to Spiderman so many times.

since everyone beat me to it, how about this....FJ will have plenty of its own problems, unique to itself.

Last edited:
For anyone who went in the Station during previews...was there a Fireplace? I'd Imagine that would be easy to spot. Of course if you aren't comfortable discussing it I understand.

I was 8 when IOA opened so did Spiderman have have many technical problems early on? Or has it even had many problems ever. I've ridden it a ton of times and it had a small problem with the projector once but the ride didnt even stop. I'm asking because I know how FJ has been compared to Spiderman so many times.

I've been on Spiderman many, many times. It's only had technical difficulties twice while I was on it and maybe 3 or 4 times I couldn't go on it because it was shut down due to technical difficulties. The first time with tech difficulties was minor: Speakers were not working, like going on and off. The second, and most recent, was hilarious and weird: The whole thing was out of synch. The speakers were not working half the time, the vehicle would be behind the synch of the effects and the video, and then it would even stop in-between scenes. it was really freaky and weird but we laughed it off. We told the TMs what happened and they offered us to go again, but we were fine... we told them to help em out, not for a free ride :)

Maybe their laughing because they're thinking " If only they knew what we still had to do" ....or " if they would have come a week from now"

They probably are thinking that exact thing. Yes it was low but YES I laughed. I really wouldn't be surprised if it was package people only at this rate because with what I hear *rolls eyes* its not all good & cheery thats for sure

I've been on Spiderman many, many times. It's only had technical difficulties twice while I was on it and maybe 3 or 4 times I couldn't go on it because it was shut down due to technical difficulties. The first time with tech difficulties was minor: Speakers were not working, like going on and off. The second, and most recent, was hilarious and weird: The whole thing was out of synch. The speakers were not working half the time, the vehicle would be behind the synch of the effects and the video, and then it would even stop in-between scenes. it was really freaky and weird but we laughed it off. We told the TMs what happened and they offered us to go again, but we were fine... we told them to help em out, not for a free ride :)

Thats exactly what happened to me last time I was on Spidey!

Yeah DFB I'd say the people in front of the gate have the time to skip all the other attractions just to wait in hope...Those are probably pass holders or misinformed GP

It's a cool thing to happen, even though it's not supposed to be that way, but you can see the ride from a whole new perspective and it was kind of fun and awesome in its own weird way. I even saw details I'd never seen before :p

That happened!?! I didn't hear that, that's defintiely not cool. A single ee should have politely told them WWoHP wasn't going to open for softs that day.

What I heard was more amzement on the TM's part than anything, that that many people camped outsde of the walls on an assumption it would open for softs following the EE previews, especially when it was hot as it was and there was a whole themepark they could have been enjoying instead of waiting for nothing to happen. I personally don't think Universal how devoted the HP fanbase is.

It's a cool thing to happen, even though it's not supposed to be that way, but you can see the ride from a whole new perspective and it was kind of fun and awesome in its own weird way. I even saw details I'd never seen before :p

My favorite is the phone number on the movie marquee, lmao.

If we actually had been trained to believe TMs, people wouldn't wait. I can't tell you how many times I didn't wait and a new attraction did preview AND how many times I was told it wouldn't open, I didn't listen and was rewarded. Not just softs, too. Rides that have gone down and they've announced that it's unlikely that it will resume for hours and/or the rest of the day only to see it go back up 10 minutes later. Park managers have not done a very good job of setting appropriate reasons for trust. In an ideal world, someone knowledgeable would inform the hopefuls and they could trust the information. It just doesn't work that way.

I'm really really bored rigth now, just countingnthe days till my Orlando vacation. If I was there I would also be waiting outside the gates every day of this week.

I've ridden Spider-man many times. On one occasion, the ride vehicles stopped while the videos continued to loop. After a few minutes they stopped the videos and brought up the work lights. It was really interesting. We thought they were going to walk us out, and we did see engineers walking the track, but after another 10 minutes or so, the ride vehicles resumed. We too were offered to ride again and we did.