The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 356 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is the area that was exposed in the front of the shorter building for a while that looked like a hallway possibly the loading/unloading area?

I mean further back against the show building, not the part we can actually see. But it seems that way they could keep the actual ride in the big box and the little box seems it would house the station since it's next to the door that leads to the smaller building over by FotH ...possibly for vehicle maintenance and the like

Last edited:
has anyone noticed that if u look at the castle windows where the great hall is.. looks like they got some detail inside there, is it possible you see this on FJ??

If we actually had been trained to believe TMs, people wouldn't wait. I can't tell you how many times I didn't wait and a new attraction did preview AND how many times I was told it wouldn't open, I didn't listen and was rewarded. Not just softs, too. Rides that have gone down and they've announced that it's unlikely that it will resume for hours and/or the rest of the day only to see it go back up 10 minutes later. Park managers have not done a very good job of setting appropriate reasons for trust. In an ideal world, someone knowledgeable would inform the hopefuls and they could trust the information. It just doesn't work that way.

An attractions team member should not be blamed for information that they have. They simply don't have the information. If a ride goes down for technical reasons, the techs, not the ride attendants know "best" but there is not always communications between these groups. Even a tech may not know how long it will be. Problems as small as a blown fuse may take hours to find and fix, so its not a matter of "trust". In addition, upper management pretty much knows when they "plan" to soft open. This information is not readily shared with team members, and for good reason. I have said it before, and will say it again, SOFTS ARE UNPREDICTABLE AND UNANNOUNCED. If you happen to be there when they open, congrats! For those who wish to wait, I bet Universal is somewhat excited about the interest, and that they are not making fun of you.

Team members don't say small amounts of time because they don't want to make promises that they can't keep, because then they get yelled at by angry people. So they say the ride will be down all day because no one knows for sure how long it will take to fix.

An attractions team member should not be blamed for information that they have. They simply don't have the information. If a ride goes down for technical reasons, the techs, not the ride attendants know "best" but there is not always communications between these groups. Even a tech may not know how long it will be. Problems as small as a blown fuse may take hours to find and fix, so its not a matter of "trust". In addition, upper management pretty much knows when they "plan" to soft open. This information is not readily shared with team members, and for good reason. I have said it before, and will say it again, SOFTS ARE UNPREDICTABLE AND UNANNOUNCED. If you happen to be there when they open, congrats! For those who wish to wait, I bet Universal is somewhat excited about the interest, and that they are not making fun of you.

I hope I didn't come off as someone placing the blame on the TMs, Cast Members, Crew, etc. I absolutely agree with your comment. It's about the flow of information. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who work on the front lines of the theme park industry.

Anyone think that Mark Woodbury and Alan Gilmore will be on hand during softs whenever they might occur. I just wonder since this is a huge project if they will be walking around monitoring the crowds.

Also
theLastAshen that haunted house is very well done, very impressive.

I know I said I wouldn't comment per say but since Scott mentioned what TMs do & do not know I will comment a bit on this. As with everything I have said what TMs tell you is FACT at that moment they are not lieing to you to get your to leave. We all know Uni changes their mind by the hr. hence why Scott you have caught things even when they said they would not happen. It's never that they are lieing it's that things change. BUT since this is an entire area & NOT just one ride if they say it won't be open that day more than likely it's not going to change. I really would not look for a soft until the package people get here & even than if things continue the way they are going the public very well may not even get in during that time at least at first.

Anyone think that Mark Woodbury and Alan Gilmore will be on hand during softs whenever they might occur. I just wonder since this is a huge project if they will be walking around monitoring the crowds.

Also
theLastAshen that haunted house is very well done, very impressive.

Thank you very much!

I know I said I wouldn't comment per say but since Scott mentioned what TMs do & do not know I will comment a bit on this. As with everything I have said what TMs tell you is FACT at that moment they are not lieing to you to get your to leave. We all know Uni changes their mind by the hr. hence why Scott you have caught things even when they said they would not happen. It's never that they are lieing it's that things change. BUT since this is an entire area & NOT just one ride if they say it won't be open that day more than likely it's not going to change. I really would not look for a soft until the package people get here & even than if things continue the way they are going the public very well may not even get in during that time at least at first.

Again, if anything I typed implied that I thought TMs were lying, than I apologize for my choice of words. I absolutely agree that they are reporting what they believe to be the truth at the time. My experience with both Disney and Universal employees on the front line has always been stellar. In fact, I am in awe of those men and woman and their ability to remain positive throughout the day when having to deal with so many uncomfortable situations.

I hope I didn't come off as someone placing the blame on the TMs, Cast Members, Crew, etc. I absolutely agree with your comment. It's about the flow of information. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who work on the front lines of the theme park industry.

No worry, you didn't come off that way. Unfortunately there is always the, "can I expect a soft on......" post. My point was for those that keep asking. It happens when it happens, and won't be announced, or "leaked" by any team member, as they don't even know.

Only clue I can see right now is that almost every day in May IOA closes at 6:00 or 7:00 except for this Fri (8:00) Sat (9:00) and Sun. (9:00). Doesn't necessarily mean softs will happen then though, and if not softs then can anyone think up a reason why the closing time would be extended?

On fans... I am surprised that Universal hasn't done more for those few people who are sitting by the gate waiting... In New York when a Broadway show's box office is going to open and it's associated with a particularly famous celebrity, sometimes that celebrity will arrive in the morning - sometimes with donuts or bagels - and greet those fans who are dedicated enough to form the front of the line. This has often happened with Lilly Tomlin and more recently with Dolly Parton when 9-5 was about to open. Last summer, Anne Hathaway performed in free Shakespeare in the Park. The show was impossible to get tickets to unless you were willing to wait in line the night before. The particular night I decided to go, it poured and the hundreds of people in line were miserable in the cold rain. It was about 11pm (the night before) and after the show got out, Anne and the rest of the cast felt sorry for us and bought pizza that they gave out to those of us on line. It was a total blast. She was incredible, as were the other cast members.

Sure we're nuts to go to these lengths to ride a ride, but Universal must appreciate our commitment to their artistry.