The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 355 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Note to admins... the spoilers thread should have a different title as it looks just like the title of this thread when logging on as you can only read the first of it. It should be "WWHP Spoilers" or "FJ SPOILERS" or something short like that.

Same here. And can't wait for the 28th. Hopefully we'll get loads of reviews from FJ. And can we please keep all spoilers here.

here we go with the "please no spoilers" thing again... People have been pretty good with keeping the "spoilers" invisible on here. Plus this is the only major site that anyone checks on a regular basis, If you guys start posting spoilers somewhere else (and I want to read them) then I may miss them, it gets too complicated having 2 separate forums.

Note to admins... the spoilers thread should have a different title as it looks just like the title of this thread when logging on as you can only read the first of it. It should be "WWHP Spoilers" or "FJ SPOILERS" or something short like that.

That place is abandoned... lol! And anyways, once the WWoHP opens, speculation is out the window and it'll all be reviews. There's no point for that thread :shrug:

@LastAshen
Yeah, but I'm afraid once FJ is ridden, people will post reviews here "visibly" without thinking, and so it's almost better to have a second thread

here we go with the "please no spoilers" thing again... People have been pretty good with keeping the "spoilers" invisible on here. Plus this is the only major site that anyone checks on a regular basis, If you guys start posting spoilers somewhere else (and I want to read them) then I may miss them, it gets too complicated having 2 separate forums.

This is a speculation forum, once something opens up, its not up for speculation anymore.

And there shouldn't be a spoiler thread once something opens up, it should be a review thread, which I started Here

Stop Segregation! lol I guess I wouldn't want to read a spolier review of FJ... but I don't think anyone that can speak about it has ridden it yet.

Then maybe should we open a "reviews" thread and leave this thread as it is? admins, whatcha think?

EDIT: :bonk: Missed your post by a few seconds Vyrus

It happens, no problemo, but the admins would have to put a sticky on it so its easily accessible. :smiley:

But anyways, back to topic, it really does suck that we really don't have any reliable source as to weather or not there will be softs. I've lived in Florida my whole life and have always dreamed of being one of the firsts to ride a great new ride. Theme parks have always been my thing, I've always wanted to be a designer (now I do a haunted house, which is basically everything I want to do artistically in one) And now that I'm old enough to drive and have an annual pass (being 22yo) I would really like to see this thing on its first official public soft. The only real day public soft I have been to was when Haunted Mansion reopened, which was just a reopening, lol. But I never made it to Expedition: Everest for softs, which pissed me off. So yeah, I'm just talking....

TheLastAshen, I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that you are one of the very first people to ride The Forbidden Journey. I truly understand your passion for everything theme park. I love roller coasters and dark rides and try and travel to the best - and not so best - ones each year. As someone who works on haunted attractions have you ever been to Lake Compounce's Haunted Graveyard? It's really worth the trip.

Ok, am now on page 434...man this is going to take a while. I just wanted to post something I remembered about what I could see of the greenhouse. The plants do not appear to move (or be audio-animatronics as I already mentioned)...but the all the fans were running the day I was there. I found this weird seeing that there was no reason for the fans to be on (maybe for the workers?). Either way I'm sure Uni's electricity bill is sure to rocket if they keep forgetting to turn off those fans.

TheLastAshen, I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that you are one of the very first people to ride The Forbidden Journey. I truly understand your passion for everything theme park. I love roller coasters and dark rides and try and travel to the best - and not so best - ones each year. As someone who works on haunted attractions have you ever been to Lake Compounce's Haunted Graveyard? It's really worth the trip.

I haven't actually been able to travel to go to all the hot spots when it comes to Haunted Attractions, I have done my reasurch of the most popular Haunts in america and have been really dissapointed, which is why I have stared my own. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogizz0r5Avs
I was actually never really a huge Potter fan, I did read the books when they first came out, like everyone else in my school then, but its just the fact that those dark, creepy, victorian, european themes will be coming to life in such a fantastical and magical way, thats the real draw for me to the Wizarding World. This kind of thing is what fuels my creativity and my passion for theme parks. At first I was really dissapointed that Universal got the ball on this one because I always thought Disney did things better, but luckily, from what we've seen so far they have deffinately done things right. BETTER than Disney, never thought Id say that.

Well since we are talking about all these new topics maybe I should have one just so I can complain about people talking about soft dates & Teebin should have his own topic to make all the riddles he feels like lol

But really let's just all stay here killing the spoiler topic in favor of the review topic for FJ. (even though we won't need it until forever still)

Can any of you young spunky people find me the picture of the concrete base of Hogwarts? There was a point where the big flat concrete had four large angles of concrete jutting out from the solid wall... at the time I thought they might be elevator shafts... another friend thought they might be staircase wells. They are neither... but after someone finds the picture, I will tell you a fact. Not a story, not a riddle... yet it is a bit of a mystery and a fact.

Can any of you young spunky people find me the picture of the concrete base of Hogwarts? There was a point where the big flat concrete had four large angles of concrete jutting out from the solid wall... at the time I thought they might be elevator shafts... another friend thought they might be staircase wells. They are neither... but after someone finds the picture, I will tell you a fact. Not a story, not a riddle... yet it is a bit of a mystery and a fact.

will this work?
ioa_harry_potter_4_15_2009%20(9).JPG

more of those here: http://www.orlandorocks.com/info.as...Attraction=harrypotter&sub=construction&pg=45
(it's page 45 so you can go down in page numbers for more recent pics, and higher page number for older pics)

oh wow I just spent a bunch of time on the old thread looking and came back to find I had been beat.. Alas I am glad someone found something

will this work?
ioa_harry_potter_4_15_2009%20(9).JPG

more of those here: http://www.orlandorocks.com/info.as...Attraction=harrypotter&sub=construction&pg=45
(it's page 45 so you can go down in page numbers for more recent pics, and higher page number for older pics)

This is the "after" to the picture above.
ioa_harry_potter_7_28_2009%20(12).JPG

I still don't know if this is what Teebin is talking about. ^ This is the support frames where the great hall sits. Maybe those strange U shaped walls are to run wires up for lighting?

Teebin? What were you talking about?

Haha thank you...I'm not sure what quality of mine is to be marveled but thank you V!OLA.

i keep watching the video with the cast getting off the ride and it seems the slit in the wall is what is hiding the base. I mean that seems like some serious programming to me, and is it possible that happens later in the ride?