The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 357 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would...
DIE.
If I ever met Mark Woodbury. :hail:

Alright so I am not the only one, thats great I don't feel so weird. Being a themepark fanatic and a universal fanboy, I would compare meeting him with a star wars geek meeting George Lucas. Yeah its that serious!

OK so, is anyone going to be at IOA tomorrow at opening to see if softs will occur?

Are you planning on being there tomorrow, if softs occur I won't be able to get out there til after roughly two o'clock.

On fans... I am surprised that Universal hasn't done more for those few people who are sitting by the gate waiting... In New York when a Broadway show's box office is going to open and it's associated with a particularly famous celebrity, sometimes that celebrity will arrive in the morning - sometimes with donuts or bagels - and greet those fans who are dedicated enough to form the front of the line. This has often happened with Lilly Tomlin and more recently with Dolly Parton when 9-5 was about to open. Last summer, Anne Hathaway performed in free Shakespeare in the Park. The show was impossible to get tickets to unless you were willing to wait in line the night before. The particular night I decided to go, it poured and the hundreds of people in line were miserable in the cold rain. It was about 11pm (the night before) and after the show got out, Anne and the rest of the cast felt sorry for us and bought pizza that they gave out to those of us on line. It was a total blast. She was incredible, as were the other cast members.

Sure we're nuts to go to these lengths to ride a ride, but Universal must appreciate our commitment to their artistry.

I agree, it would have been a nice gesture. That is very cool of Anne Hathaway. Always been a fan of hers. Nice to know some of the younger Hollywood crowd still have class.

I agree, it would have been a nice gesture. That is very cool of Anne Hathaway. Always been a fan of hers. Nice to know some of the younger Hollywood crowd still have class.

Trust me when I type that I wasn't the only person on line. There were easily over hundred - maybe two hundred - and they had boxes of pizza. The slices were thin, but still. Anne Hathaway and not just her - the entire cast - were a class act.

Alright so I am not the only one, thats great I don't feel so weird. Being a themepark fanatic and a universal fanboy, I would compare meeting him with a star wars geek meeting George Lucas. Yeah its that serious!

Are you planning on being there tomorrow, if softs occur I won't be able to get out there til after roughly two o'clock.

yeah buddy, i plan on being there around 930, i'll let you know as soon as i run and get on and off FJ, lol. One can only hope.

I have found my brethren. :DD
Mark Woodbury, if you or any person pertinent to your team ever read this, PLEASE come out to Universal on soft opening dates to meet your fans (YES, FANS). I have a couple things about which I'd like to talk to you. :)

yeah buddy, i plan on being there around 930, i'll let you know as soon as i run and get on and off FJ, lol. One can only hope.

Yeah text me any info once you get there, I will be stuck at work til 1. THANKS MAN!!! I plan on being there Wednesday most of the day and Friday afternoon til close if open.

Scott now worries I wasn't saying that's what you were saying. I just want to remind everyone as much as the TMs wanna screw around with those waiting it's still their job so they are not lieing to you as much as it seems they are making things up on the spot. From what I know it strongly looks like we are getting nowhere fast & this is why I hate people wasting their time going when they can just go Friday where there is a 90% better chance of anything happening.

Only clue I can see right now is that almost every day in May IOA closes at 6:00 or 7:00 except for this Fri (8:00) Sat (9:00) and Sun. (9:00). Doesn't necessarily mean softs will happen then though, and if not softs then can anyone think up a reason why the closing time would be extended?

It's Memorial Day weekend.

will this work?
ioa_harry_potter_4_15_2009%20(9).JPG

more of those here: http://www.orlandorocks.com/info.as...Attraction=harrypotter&sub=construction&pg=45
(it's page 45 so you can go down in page numbers for more recent pics, and higher page number for older pics)

That is it! Thanks!. I will respond in good time as I am in the middle of a movie. Only reason I came up for air was someone IM'd me on a pee break and asked what I was talking about. IM's make a freaky sound on my puter... later!

Okay I'll throw this out there...Does anyone think the layout of the ride could be close to as winding as the Spiderman ride? I mean I know the Arm needs room but do you think the track can zig-zag like spidermans or will it be wider turns and less base action because the arm is doing all the work? i suppose since the sets are supposed to be immense that it will be the latter...I think either is fine, just want to know what people think?

Okay I'll throw this out there...Does anyone think the layout of the ride could be close to as winding as the Spiderman ride? I mean I know the Arm needs room but do you think the track can zig-zag like spidermans or will it be wider turns and less base action because the arm is doing all the work? i suppose since the sets are supposed to be immense that it will be the latter...I think either is fine, just want to know what people think?

I think it will have some tight turns, but will probably have a wider range of base movement, hence the huge show building.

It IS incredibly tight... much tighter than I would have imagined for such large vehicles. Consensus among a "few" of my "somethings" is that the base vehicle will move very slowly, while the robotics arm moves wildly. In any event... the track itself is nearly as tight as spiderman. You will never know that from riding... but I promise you that it is. The curves shocked me.

I have found my brethren. :DD
Mark Woodbury, if you or any person pertinent to your team ever read this, PLEASE come out to Universal on soft opening dates to meet your fans (YES, FANS). I have a couple things about which I'd like to talk to you. :)

I am really really sorry to disappoint you... but Mark Woodbury is a corporate politician. That is his job. He had little influence on this project. The guy that oversaw design of this has long since moved to Disney. He was a visionary and salesman in one. His name is Scott Trowbridge and he created this baby.

Last edited:
I don't think the building's footprint is that much bigger than spider-man. It's a lot taller and as the arm has a very dynamic vertical motion, this makes sense, but the footprint is about the same size.

I don't think the building's footprint is that much bigger than spider-man. It's a lot taller and as the arm has a very dynamic vertical motion, this makes sense, but the footprint is about the same size.

FJs show building is about 1 1/4 the size of Spider-Man's.

Teebin, that's cool to hear, because it means the ride will probably last longer than we think.