The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 360 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i think everyone is taking borneo with a grain of salt after being burned before lol
teebin was talking about the path of the arm base like he has ridden it or seen very detailed blueprints.
again, grins of salt are probably being taken along with that. ;-)

One of the most important elements of a dark ride is only looking where the vehicle points you. If by chance you lean or stretch around, the illusion may suffer.

Last edited:
At IOA

I'm sitting in front of the wwohp gate. It's not open right now. Small crowd of about 12 people are here so far. I'll keep you updated if anything happens.

--- Update ---

Dueling dragons appears to be open. I just seen it run with 2 people in each train. They were in plain clothes. Likely not cast members. Just seen it pass again. This time 4 or 5 people on each train.

Could you only imagine being there with less than 20 others and they let you in? :wave:

--Update--

his reply: @HyContrastKid

I've heard it only takes 45 minutes to take down the walls in Hogsmead. So they can take their time if they want to piss us off. And wait for larger mid day crowds. [HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG]

One of the most important elements of a dark ride is only looking where the vehicle points you. If by chance you lean or stretch around, the illusion may suffer.

same thing with 3d. looking around with the glasses on makes me all pukey.
i'd bet immersive domes (which have been rumored) would do the same thing.
or maybe you mean something else? i dont mean to pry just speculating..

Here's what I was talking about for the one who asked about the castle...

court6.jpg

No access

Thanks! Such a shame though to build that huge thing with nothing inside.....

Borneo1 said:
Originally Posted by Borneo1
One of the most important parts of a dark ride is only looking where the vehicle points you. If by chance you lean or stretch around, the illusion may suffer.

Uh, that's true of every ride...

so from 1-10 what would you rate the ride experience?
Depends on what you like.
without visuals.... kick ass.
with full visuals, audio, lighting ... unlike anything else before it (or so I can surmise from what I know)

--Update--

his reply: @HyContrastKid

But they wouldn't just have to move the DD wall. They would have to reconfigure and activate the Dragon Challenge effects that are currently turned off in the current portion of the DD queue. If DD is open right now I can't imagine softs are happening anytime soon as they wouldn't have bothered getting DD ready for just a handful of guests only to close it down an hour later to prepare for DC switch. :-(

Wouldnt it be cool if Universal took those handful of hardcore folks and said..ok come this way we are going to let you ride for being such loyal fans. Oh that's right, they arent cool at all! LOL

Seriously though if Borneo has ridden it, good possibility others will too shortly. I think it would be "silly" not to have a soft opening this week, BEFORE, the package folks arrive.

different vibe. exciting!
then again i only are about softs if ppl can take pics for my greedy eyes lol.

i assume no one is sure about dd because the entrance for that is at a location away from the wwohp gates? i am not sure where it is now since the rerouting.
is it possible since there are so few riders it is the daily testing and they are employees pre-shift, in plain clothes?

Very true Borneo. That's why Disney first started the dark ride trend with the omnimover system. It was used and designed to point you in the direction of the sets and to show us only what they wanted us to see. It was only until later that some bright mind decided that the whole area should be elaboratly designed so we could feel free to look wherever we pleased and still feel fully immersed.

SL Zero, for me at least the whole immersive dome thing is worse. I could barely handle the IMAX Dome experience without fainting from how freakin wide it was. Talk about getting dizzy.

But they wouldn't just have to move the DD wall. They would have to reconfigure and activate the Dragon Challenge effects that are currently turned off in the current portion of the DD queue. If DD is open right now I can't imagine softs are happening anytime soon as they wouldn't have bothered getting DD ready for just a handful of guests only to close it down an hour later to prepare for DC switch. :-(

good point!

@HyContrastKid
[HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG] the frozen drink place to the right of Hogsmead entrance is stocking and has put ice in the ice bin. This place hasn't been open in a long time.

It seems that the people on dd are not cast members. The trains are a third of the way full now and there is different guests on it everytime!