The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 469 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After living a life of Potter mania for a couple of years I finally watched my first movie...Order of the Pheonix! I can see why people love this so much.

Yuck. That's the worst one of the movies! D: *myopinion*

I just watched that one on ABC Family tonight. I like that one a lot...Well, I love them all. But I like the director a lot. He's a good fit for the films. I'm so glad he did the 6, 7, and 8th films as well.
On a side note, it was James and Oliver Phelps' last day of filming today :(

I think the reason I dislike the 5th the most is because of the screanwriter.

so can normal guests get in this week or not?

"Normal" guests won't be officially allowed in until the grand opening on the 18th, as you probably know. Regarding softs though... like some have said, it's on a day-to-day basis. But if I remember correctly someone did post today saying that normal guests would get in tomorrow after package and on-site people. I do not know who though.

Last edited:
If you think the movies are awesome, read the books! Even the first book which is the shortest, has a lot of different things then the movies and left out a good bit! Just imagine with the big books!!!

I just watched that one on ABC Family tonight. I like that one a lot...Well, I love them all. But I like the director a lot. He's a good fit for the films. I'm so glad he did the 6, 7, and 8th films as well.
On a side note, it was James and Oliver Phelps' last day of filming today :(

I like him too, even though the script for OotP is a little heavy-handed (only one not written by Kloves), but Alfonso Cuaron will always be my favorite. Completely redirected the tone, look, design and emphasis of the entire series.

Thanks for Dreamcat! That's what I figured.

Last edited:
If you think the movies are awesome, read the books! Even the first book which is the shortest, has a lot of different things then the movies and left out a good bit! Just imagine with the big books!!!

Totally agree. The books are incredible, and have major re-read value. My favorites are 3, 6, and 7. But mostly 6. The movies capture what they need to, but there's nothing like reading the novels.

Yuck. That's the worst one of the movies! D: *myopinion*

I think the reason I dislike the 5th the most is because of the screanwriter.

that's my least favorite too, mostly because i hate umbridge, but i guess that's the point, we're supposed to hate her, so they did a good job then?

Very true, Jymmy. He really did take it in another direction. I liked Columbus, but I'm glad he stopped there. His direction fit for the first two, but it became darker and needed a little something extra with Azkaban and the following installments. Cuaron did a good job, not my favorite, but he got the job done and the film is great.

--- Update ---

that's my least favorite too, mostly because i hate umbridge, but i guess that's the point, we're supposed to hate her, so they did a good job then?
I like the 5th, but there is something about it that isn't as gripping as the others...my least favorite is probably the fourth. I have no idea why...it's one of the most action-packed parts of the series. I think I've just seen it too much.

I was not a fan of Cuarons PoA at all. It just did not feel right and it started confusing non-book fans. I love Yates the most and was really happy to hear he would be the ending director. I also prefer Kloves as the writter but still love OotP. I dont know, maybe the 5th book was that good haha. My top three are 3, 5, and 7 (not in any particular order).

While we're waiting... *elevator music*

StarPotter.jpg

I think that was a very subtle hint. :lol:

Is it sad that I'm more excited about the merch then I am about FJ? Sure I'm going to ride it first thing. But that's because I won't be able to fit all my stuff in one of those lockers! :lol:

Well if The Orlder of the Pheonix is one of the lesser liked, I guess that was a good one to start off with. i actually liked it. There's a lot int here from WWoHP so that' swhy I started with that one. I think I might start from the beginning now.

Well if The Orlder of the Pheonix is one of the lesser liked, I guess that was a good one to start off with. i actually liked it. There's a lot int here from WWoHP so that' swhy I started with that one. I think I might start from the beginning now.

Have you read any of the books? I can imagine seeing OotP and being like "WTF just happened?" That movie doesn't even make sense to people who've read the damn series.

I'm glad other people like POA too! I know a lot of fans tend to hate that one for some reason. Cuaron is one of my favorite directors, and I feel like he was the only one who was able to capture the mood of the story and translate it perfectly to film. The other movies just feel so flat and literal. I wish he'd done the others too. When I think about what he could have done with OOTP...

Have you read any of the books? I can imagine seeing OotP and being like "WTF just happened?" That movie doesn't even make sense to people who've read the damn series.

The begining of the book and the begining of the movie don't match up and most of the movie has no points that the book described and some of the movie describes points that weren't in the book. (I don't want to give examples because there are too many. Feel free to make a list. :lol:)

this makes a great companion when watching http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I watched all 6 at least twice this month so far in prep for wwohp and i learned way so much then i ever knew

the first time i saw all the films it was purely just for entertainment, i had no clue about all the background information for the stuff they'd mention

you could always do package pickup/ delivery...

That is really funny, the wands dont fit haha. that seems like a flaw in the planning of the lockers (haha lets see who gets my reference, I know they probably did not have control on the size).

LOL...no, I haven't. I figure I will sometime, but for now it's so much easier to watch the movies. Knowing the little bit I know about HP I was able to put some puzzles together. I wasn't really trying to figure out HP, more tryign to figure out why certain things were in WWoHP.