The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 467 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can you get Butterbeer without the mug? I mean, in the Three Broomsticks, can you order a Butterbeer without having to pay $8.50 for the cup? I read $2.99 somewhere...I know I want to buy the mug, since I can easily get a refill then, but for my brother and little cousin, they probably won't want the souvenir cup when we all go.

yeah butterbeer in a cup is $2.99, same price as the refill

From someone's Twitter the other day...

BUTTERBEER.jpg

^ Butterbeer ^

I just came back from the Universal Parks and thought I saw something AMAZING. Whoever is disappointed needs to stop expecting something impossible. Frankly, I am a tough judge. I have a sharp eye and I majored in Architecture and Design. So you can guess that I don't just look at something and quickly make an opinion. When I arrived at the stone arch to Hogsmeade, I expected a Disney experience. Something magical and great. Guess what? I got something different then that. I was given something greater than what I have ever seen Disney do. Something that both resonates a feeling of the movies and the book. The authenticity of the books with the visuals of the movie. This can be summed up as epic. The shop windows resonate an emotion of warmth and enhancement. Main Street can touch Hogsmeade Village. Every detail was exactly as I pictured it. The rust and finish on the buildings was immaculate. The street of hogsmeade was alive unlike Main Street. Nothing felt fake. I could image real wizard living above the Cauldron Shop. So let's say Hogsmeade was a A+ or 100%
The forest area was truly magical. The Frog Choir should have used more opera voice, but they were still entertaining. Everything else was perfect. The Triwizard Tournament show and the trees! They are going to be huge. That place will be a forest within a year. I also thought that FOTH was so much better than the videos. I can honestly say I was touched when Buckbeak bowed to me. Dragon Challenge was great, but not excellent. The line could have been better. They shouldn't added caves that you go through during the ride. So the forest are is a solid 96.5%
So then I saw Hogwarts. The rock color was perfect, the stone color was spot-on, and the details were amazing. I was so taken back that I let people cut in front of me to go on FJ. I am going to be short on this part by saying I have never experienced anything like this and I have gone to DisneySea. Whoever thought it was not that good, obviously thought they were going to build a huge Hogwarts and pay midgets to be house-elfs. So guys, get real. Be happy! So I won't spoil the ride, but I will say that it is ground-breaking. Nothing like it. Whoever didn't like it got drunk on the beer in Hog's Head. So Hogwarts was a 99%. They could of had more trees to hide the showbuilding.. Also, I like the idea of no preshow. It made it feel more open. I loved it. So that was my experience! I truly came into the land with high expectations and was more then satisfied. Universal really did a great job. I would be very proud if I were them!

Reactions: mantaguy
' I'm conveying this through my freind in NZ as i do not have consistent intenet access here in Florida..i did not perceive the discuss as a cat fight...i have more PMs from that discuss than any other...certainly created polarised opinions...instead of responding to you all as it is not practical for me to do so at this tiime...just consider why on both view points it appears to create such an emotional respons from many of you hmmmm

my last comment on this is a game changer is something so profound it changes the industry and how competiitors react to it, Spidey did not change compepititors actions, actually disney and universal are divergent in their new and proposed offerings...

harry fan, I agree hogsmead and surrounds is sensational, as i said in my first post on the matter

Last edited:
not to disrespect anyone on any levels,

to say FJ is not a groundbreaking ride and is a not that special,
are probably the same people who said AVATAR is not a game changer, the CG are normal, and 3D is just a fad.

is the same thing. You might think this way, because maybe it didnt fill some of the expectations and hype from your views.
Still, in the end, it si technological break thru to marriage all tech that we know of now into one.
Which is a feat, like Avatar, while you may think it is a bunch of stuff thats already been there.
but still, that no one has tried to do it.
It is always until, SOMEONE actually did it, changes the game.

Spiderman was also a old tech marriage into one.
Indy Platform Vehicles + T2-3D screens

And FJ is no different
Soaring + BTTF/Simpsons + Spidey

when Spidey came out, loads of copies and clones (DarKastle 4D ride) came out.
You can be sure now, copies and crap clones of FJ
roboarm, leg hanging, in a projection dome + dark ride elements will start
appearing in Europe and China.
of course cheaply made. (if anyone know what I am talking about, we all have seen fake Spiderman
made by the Chinese company, FantaRides.)

While personally I understand the fact that FJ cant be intense due to
Potter is for kids.
I do hope eventually they will tweak the ride programming into more thrilling,
as theme park guests desires.

You just cant dog this ride man.
NO ONE, not even Disney had the balls to marriage these tech into a ride.
After spidey busted Disney on rides, they went back strengthen their living character intiative,
which they are best at. Even Little Mermaid and Carsland or all old tech rides, only
with better characters and story telling.

So, what did FJ change?
you bet, newer roboarm rides in the future, with 3D screens + whatever, indoor coasters track, whatever.
It will happen, and that is only because FJ was made and changed the game.

Come on, can you really categorize FJ?

Is it a simulator? A Dark ride? A hanging IMAX dome ride?
it isnt and at the same time it is all of it.

I understand, why they didnt do 3D,
because it will never hold on your head sitting in a roboarm.
I bet, they could have done it. but logistically, probably difficult.

Last edited:
Thank you for the price list! I'll be tallying up what I need thus far.

I'm greatly considering going with AAA. Can they get you a better discount on hotel, dining, etc. then Disney can?

Thank you for the price list! I'll be tallying up what I need thus far.

I'm greatly considering going with AAA. Can they get you a better discount on hotel, dining, etc. then Disney can?

You're welcome!

I don't know what discount Disney has, so I cannot compare, but AAA offers good discounts for hotels, and they have great prices for tickets to theme parks and shows. Last year I got cheaper tickets to Blue Man Group through AAA than with my Universal Preferred Annual Pass...

Really? This guy sure changed his tune from a few days ago...

screamscape: Hmmm... r they ready? Maybe! RT @getreadytoride Breaking rumor. [HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG] will soft tomorrow after hotel guests. [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG]

This should excite some, anyone here on watch tomorrow?

Chocolate frog is just smooth milk chocolate, no crunch. It's like a BIG block of chocolate shaped like a frog :p

Oh for some reason I was envisioning like a chocolate covered pretzel. i think that would've been better chocolate on the outside then a layer of cake, and then pretzel bones, mmmm

but perhaps the chocolate frog was described in the books, but hey it had to have limbs, something crunchy

felipe, only package people can eat so you were good at thinking you would not be able to. After breakfast though everyone can come in and explore the place and take pictures.
The butterbeer price is correct for the cold. The frozen is 3.99.

For people wondering, I am a huge magiquest fan and had a magiquest fansite and the got the chance to work with the creators of magiquest, Creative Kingdoms, for a few years now. It would have been very interesting to see a MagiQuest like harry potter expierence. Since MagiQuest has always been compared to Harry Potter. It would have easily worked with like the quests they had where you gained powers, you could learned spells from different classes etc. It would have been really cool. I have heard comments that they could "make the wands infrared" and universal was "thinking about adding it in the future". I can tell you right now, I am 99.9% sure that MagiQuest will never be in WWOHP. I would have LOVED to have seen it and I think it would have fit in. We can dream though. However I still think the ollivanders expierience is amazing no question.

OMG legit chocolate frogs, instead of the really crappy ones they sold in stores. Everything looks awesome, I am really excited about buying all the merch.

From someone's Twitter the other day...

BUTTERBEER.jpg

^ Butterbeer ^

=
$8.50 buys you a mug with butterbeer. Then Refills are $2.99 (I think for both frozen and cool, because my refill was frozen and they charged me $2.99). I BELIEVE, not know for sure, but I believe that the regular plastic cup of cool Butterbeer is $2.99 and frozen Butterbeer is $3.99.

PS: You can get Butterbeer in Hog's Head, and I would guess 3B too, but I got all 2 of mine in Hogs Head and one at the barrel cart.

yeah butterbeer in a cup is $2.99, same price as the refill

Thanks everyone :)

--- Update ---

All the talk of the drink and food, plus all the awesome merch has me salivating.

I work at SeaWorld we get to go in Universal for free do you think they will block us from getting in free on June 18th? anyone know