The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 800 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some more OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive Potter merch is now available at Islands Trading Company. I mean, they're so expensive I don't think I'd want to wear one as a costume! Though I suppose for the quality, I'm assuming just slightly less of what was used in the films, it may be reasonable to some superfans who wanna drop a few benjamins....

From AmusementPics.

20120418-027.jpg

20120418-030.jpg

20120418-029.jpg

20120418-028.jpg

They look nice, but no way in hell I would spend that much on them.

I would love to see the parents faces when little kids say " mom mom I want that " :'(
hahaha that is an insane amount of money

Completely forgot about this incident. Uni apparently trying to save money with a painted wall to make WB happy only to be thwarted and have to spend gobs more on actual rockwork. So many great moments like this leading up to the opening.

IMG_2872.jpg

^ And thats why the Whomping Willow is the way it is right...?

Completely forgot about this incident. Uni apparently trying to save money with a painted wall to make WB happy only to be thwarted and have to spend gobs more on actual rockwork. So many great moments like this leading up to the opening.

IMG_2872.jpg

HAHAH! I forgot about that thanks for posting! I think it's safe to say they won't be trying to cut any corners like this with phase two, now that they have overwhelming proof of how profitable Potter is. This makes me really excited to see what they have in store for us, because I'm pretty sure the suits are giving Universal Creative a healthy budget to play with this time around.

^ And thats why the Whomping Willow is the way it is right...?

Correction... that additional rockwork was being added in February 2010... so it is most likely that other stuff was being cut back at that time. It was probably around this time that the modified willow bid was accepted and the ride lighting was dimmed further to Dinosaur levels... 'blind'. You were closer to right on this... sorry for my quick response! I thought that the added rockwork was created closer to opening.

Are we all sure your feet snagged these objects and you guys are just being paranoid lol. I thought the basilisk's skeleton was quite far back from the seats, it was probably just clothes and materials which snagged your feet I guess. They must have safety procedures in line for ride dimensions.

I never remember almost being snagged by objects on this ride. Is it a height thing? I'm about 6'3 and do not ever remember trying to avoid obstacles. It seems like you have to be Shaq in order to kick a Basilisk.