The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 801 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have had my foot hit something too. It was somewhere near the willow, can't remember specifics. I thought it was due to it still being calibrated during the first few weeks of opening. I am only about 6'2", but I always pull my feet back under the seat when I ride now.

who here has worked at the WWoHP, i really would LOVE some insight on the supposably written test they give to all new/future employees. if anyone can remember the questions they might have asked that would be great help to. Ohh and how many questions were actually on it? i just want to be fully prepared, im a horrible test taker...

Are we all sure your feet snagged these objects and you guys are just being paranoid lol. I thought the basilisk's skeleton was quite far back from the seats, it was probably just clothes and materials which snagged your feet I guess. They must have safety procedures in line for ride dimensions.

I agree. Sure, I'm only 5'9", but I'm wondering how this is happening nearly two years after opening, if it really is happening?

I agree. Sure, I'm only 5'9", but I'm wondering how this is happening nearly two years after opening, if it really is happening?

Well, TheBled hasn't posted here since he said he believed he hit his foot on a projection dome; he hasn't posted despite me asking what scene. The willow/dome scene is the only time it has been mentioned, even by personal friends of mine and that was 2010. In this case it is only the bottom edge of a piece of light-containing draped fabric. Regardless, no one has lost a limb because of it.

I've grazed the Basilisk skeleton with my left foot while riding on the left-most seat in FJ before. Only happened once, and i'm 6'0"

Reminds me of my experience on Saturday. I'm also 6'0" and my foot grazed the top of the dome in the last scene. This is the second time. My foot literally touched the metal on top of the screen carousel.

anyone an employee at the WWoHP, looking for some help, tips or insight to what may be on the test they give you after orientation. Would GREATLY LOVE the help....

^ I don't believe we have any WW team members that are chatting on here recently. There are lurking members that work at Uni, but they prefer to keep their posts to a minimum. There was one person that I recall but I don't believe she has been on in a while. You might scroll back in this thread to April - June 2010 as there were a few trying to get jobs there that chatted about what the test/requirements entailed.

Last edited:
Huh. Apparently it's going to cost $500 million from earlier reports. Wasn't the original built for $300 million? Considering there's no design work, where's the extra money going to...?

Higher construction costs in Japan? Higher standards because of earthquakes and tsunamis? Weak dollar?

Just spitballing. I have no info just guessing.

Huh. Apparently it's going to cost $500 million from earlier reports. Wasn't the original built for $300 million? Considering there's no design work, where's the extra money going to...?

The fact that they won't have two attractions already built into the area probably adds to the cost.

Best comment from that mugglenet site:

Obama openly supporting gay marriage AND this?! Great day.

emot-dogout.gif