The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 812 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just rode FJ about a half hour ago, and all effects were fine. The face capture worked perfectly, and I also didn't notice any "tears" on the domes.

Oh, and no breaks downs yet. The Kukas were very smooth. :thumbs:

How often does FJ break down? It stopped for me today, and they turned on the lights. And when it started back up, the lights stayed on for about 30 seconds as it was moving. It was really cool to see everything

The way it has been explained is that it doesn't really break down. People barf and puke chunks all over the unload moving platform and they have to stop the ride and platform to clean it up. The lights probably come up just to calm people down.

The fact that people get sick on the ride is one of its serious design flaws.

Last edited:
I'm not normally bothered by anything, but the screen sections do give me a headache/make me slightly nauseous sometimes. The worst one is the quidditch pitch, although sometimes if that didn't do anything, the last one back to the castle may do it.

Rode through twice today. First time I noticed marks on the first dome. I was close to one of them. It kind of looks like some kind of liquid was spilled on them. Second time through, all the screens looked great (just the usual lack of brightness)

Rode through twice today. First time I noticed marks on the first dome. I was close to one of them. It kind of looks like some kind of liquid was spilled on them. Second time through, all the screens looked great (just the usual lack of brightness)

Vomit? :lol:

I was thinking maybe grease from some moving part somewhere. Of course we're gauging this from a quick look while moving looking at a screen with a moving picture on it.

Funny story, I had the pleasure of sitting in a gloopy substance during my first ride of FJ back during softs a few years ago. It just so happened to be puke. Worst ride experience ever.
By the way, are anyones feet trimming the metal rods on the tops of the domes? Mine keep touching them and its really scary.

I've felt like I come dangerously close to several props with my feet and could kick many if I was so inclined or jerked my leg as a fright reaction, including the dome supports for the final dome (where they bring you in from the top left of it and you basically see the projector box). I'm 6'2" so not abnormally tall.

While I doubt it is possible, test it out and shove your legs way out there... maybe get your lower leg or foot ripped off. I am sure the Kuka's won't let you down. It will make interesting and gory national news! :wave:

^ That curtain thingy whatever, is notorious. One would think it would be worn to rags by now. I have always thought it was a light shield or just the leaf cutout fabric that is on the plans.

While I doubt it is possible, test it out and shove your legs way out there... maybe get your lower leg or foot ripped off. I am sure the Kuka's won't let you down. It will make interesting and gory national news! :wave:
you sir get five points for this :thumbs: lol I'm not gonna try that though. I've grown very fond of being able to walk. :happy:

Does anyone know where I could get a technical drawing of the plan view elevation of Hogsmeade Village? The Google satellite aerial imagery isn't the best quality.. Thanks