The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
potterdude, We also shouldn't be able to see Hogwarts, but we can now. I guess Dumbledore must have done it.

It's going to mesh because they know those Harry Potter books like the back of their hands now. They did extensive research and came up with the best solutions. Have faith in it. ;]

potterdude, We also shouldn't be able to see Hogwarts, but we can now. I guess Dumbledore must have done it.

It's going to mesh because they know those Harry Potter books like the back of their hands now. They did extensive research and came up with the best solutions. Have faith in it. ;]

It doesn't seem to make sense that we can see the Dementors, or even Hogwarts but I agree with v!olaplayer, we need to trust that Universal knows what they are doing. Like v!olaplayer pointed out these people have researched the Harry Potter books & know them like the back of their hand. I think people would be disappointed if they were unable to see Dementors simply because muggles aren't supposed to see them.

Its like saying that we're not allowed on Jurassic Park becuase of that little incident in 1993. But they came up with a big storyline for that too.

It doesn't really surprise me that it took me that long!
I'm sly at riddles at times, but I normally don't see things that are right in front of me. Having OCD. Yaaay... Lol.

Well in that case maybe the movies should just be people walking around a big field instead of the castle. Are we really going to read into it as far as what muggles can and can't see? Maybe they should have just left out the whole hogwarts on a box and just kept it a box. It Is A Movie, This is a themepark... what an exciting experience to walk into hogsmeade and not see Hogwarts. and to ride FJ and not see anything Flying around us whilst we suddenly get hit by a cannon of sadness. It's not real

Hey guys, was at IOA today and noticed something on dueling dragons, there were red skins (well pieces at least) near the coaster garages, which i 1st thought were spares for fire, but when i looked closer they seemed to be more red, a very bright red at the top and bright yellow at the bottom. They looked very new but i could only get a quick glance at them, do they keep spared for the coasters or could they have been new skins for dragons challenge?

Well in that case maybe the movies should just be people walking around a big field instead of the castle. Are we really going to read into it as far as what muggles can and can't see? Maybe they should have just left out the whole hogwarts on a box and just kept it a box. It Is A Movie, This is a themepark... what an exciting experience to walk into hogsmeade and not see Hogwarts. and to ride FJ and not see anything Flying around us whilst we suddenly get hit by a cannon of sadness. It's not real
Post of the day haha.

Seriously, though, you have to look past some of these things. Someone has cast a spell on all you muggles and, for a day, you have special wizard powers and can see everything... if that helps you sleep at night.

I was always using wet flammable rubber cement to destroy a hot-wheels car with fire.
Have a nice day.

Destroying a car with fire sounds like fun. Well for an eleven year old at least. And providing it isn't a real car. More of a...prop. Kind of like hot-wheels cars are. Lovely.

Hey guys, was at IOA today and noticed something on dueling dragons, there were red skins (well pieces at least) near the coaster garages, which i 1st thought were spares for fire, but when i looked closer they seemed to be more red, a very bright red at the top and bright yellow at the bottom. They looked very new but i could only get a quick glance at them, do they keep spared for the coasters or could they have been new skins for dragons challenge?

Hey Maintance tects. do take the trains apart and inspect the trains yearly. I remember they do these things around this time of year. At dragons they take apart only two trains at a time and they are down to four trains for about a couple of weeks. During this time they take them apart, replace aparts (if needed), look at them and repaint the trains. Most guests don't know this is happening because its slow enough to the point where Dragons only runs four trains and they don't put the by late May they would have all six and by that time it starts to pick up and they run all six. So what you saw was may have been the skins for one of the fire trains waiting to be put back on the train.

Dinosaur+facade.jpg

While viewed from the front of the building's front entrance, trees are seen just behind the building. However, these trees are on the building's roof, and create the illusion that the building is quite smaller than it actually is.

Wrongy.... they are not on the roof of anything. It is a mega berm that is filled between the buildings. The engineering is such that the lower show building is a basement wall on the northern side. They basically have 20' of space between the load area and the preshow rooms. Regardless, you would not be able to see the show building even if they were not there.

dino.png

Wrongy.... they are not on the roof of anything. It is a mega berm that is filled between the buildings. The engineering is such that the lower show building is a basement wall on the northern side. They basically have 20' of space between the load area and the preshow rooms. Regardless, you would not be able to see the show building even if they were not there.

dino.png

Ahh! That's so cool. I love seeing stuff like that!

Again, they are saying there will be E-Docs and you must supply a photo ID to get in (ie:driver's license) and that the response to the packages was so great that they will be AT CAPACITY with just package holders, and that's why they will be limiting numbers via an access point. And sorry if it seems ridiculous, but "you snooze you lose" sometimes applies! If package holders do indeed get the park to themselves, it'll be the same as an exclusive for pass holders.... it just won't include those who didn't jump on the package!

I am sorry but I call BS on the snooze you loose. The HP package was originally sold as you get 1hr early access to area including breakfast and Hotel. While the seating times there were offering for the breakfast were from 8-9:30 am which seems to me defeats the purpose of getting in 1hr early access just to eat breakfast. The package said nothing about special all day access.

Now if these packages were sold as HP special preview packages were you had all day "special" access then maybe then could do this. But that is not how they were sold and that is why I did not buy one.

I am new here so I do not how to post a poll but I think the assumption by most everyone here when they announced the packages for sale starting at the end of May "assumed" that the WWOHP would be open to everyone after the park opened at 9:00 am. Even though there was some fine print about the potential for not all rides being open. Which we all know FJ is going to have some startup issues and figured that was the reason for the fine print.

If I would have known then that this was the only way to get in on June 10 during my trip to Orlando I would have purchased the package for me and my son. I did not snooze, but made a decision based sales literature at the time. But it seems US has LIED about what the package really means.

From screamscape (2/20/10)
Emails have been going out to the world from Universal Orlando this week promoting all new Harry Potter themed vacation package specials. These packages include early park admission, a special breakfast at the Three Broomsticks, a commemorative Grand Opening Ticket to the Wizarding World and more. The real hot news item here however is that these packages are not available until May 28th. So far this seems to lock the start of Memorial Day Weekend as the official Grand Opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Of course… this still doesn’t mean that we wont see a soft opening of the land or various attractions, possibly opening in phases between Spring Break and late May. More when we find out

dino.png

Its hard to tell from that picture but I can say having worked at Dinosaur, that those trees are planted on the roof of the building. The area they are in is above the hallway after the preshow. Also, under that are a bunch of training rooms, offices and bathrooms. When you enter Dinosaur, you are on level two. They just did a good job covering up the building so it looks real, but from the ground in between, you can easily tell that it is all one structure.

I didn't buy the vacation package because, while I assumed it would be open to anyone after the exclusive access hour, I live less than 3 miles from Universal. So a hotel room would be superfluous. That said, my 2 daughters (9 and 13) that live in WV will be here from June 11th-18th. If they are not able to go to TWWOHP as I had planned. Will will skip the parks all together and be going on a snorkling trip here:

http://www.cheeca.com/

After watching the new video it looks like the corridor that approaches the Griffin statue comes from the outside, you can see daylight on the nearby stonework...So maybe that is what we will see right after the greenhouse.

Its hard to tell from that picture but I can say having worked at Dinosaur, that those trees are planted on the roof of the building. The area they are in is above the hallway after the preshow. Also, under that are a bunch of training rooms, offices and bathrooms. When you enter Dinosaur, you are on level two. They just did a good job covering up the building so it looks real, but from the ground in between, you can easily tell that it is all one structure.

Nope. They are not... and you as an employee would never know that, unless you work for Horticulture, you wouldn't know that. Please contact disney horticulture: wdw.disney.gardener@disney.com to confirm. If you need a more specific contact, I have that too. They are not planted on a roof of anything other than planet earth. They are planted on a reinforced mega berm which is supported by retaining walls much like the overpasses here in Central Florida. The basement of which you speak is below the shorter building (preshow) beyond the trees and is the wall retaining the earth behind it.