The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No. Earliest is an April 2016 opening due to the drought (sped up the earthmoving process) instead of a June 2016 opening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron and William
No. Earliest is an April 2016 opening due to the drought (sped up the earthmoving process) instead of a June 2016 opening.
. When do you think the castle will be complete , well pretty much the whole project ?

It's kind of hard to tell at this point. Towards the middle of next year, if not towards the end. Facades and cosmetics are gonna be the last things they work on.

You'll see when it does, no one knows this info.

As for the whole project...as stated, the land will be ready towards the middle of 2016...

You can tell they're trying to get this thing done quick based on their multitasking. While there are construction workers on-site setting up the frames and covering them in DensGlass, there are also workers backstage putting together the thematic elements and façades to eventually piece it together like a puzzle. I love it.

Reactions: Aaron
I'm just interested in how they'll cover the side of Hogsmead facing Universal Plaza and keep the noise from bleeding into Wizarding World. That better be a pretty decent sized Berm.

Reactions: William
God, never even thought about that. And I better not hear any Shrek soundtrack music from 2003 either.

What I've been wondering is what they'll do about park announcements. You know, the ones they play when WaterWorld or SES is starting soon. I'm 99% sure they won't play them in Hogsmeade itself, but I don't really have the desire to hear them from just outside the land either.

What I hope they do is remove Cartooniversal and move the shrek entrance/que line to that side of the building. Have the old entrance serve as the exit, that way they would have more space to add as much trees as possible to soak in noise and cover Hogsmead.

Reactions: Chris and William
While I'd love for that to happen, wouldn't doing so block the path to the backstage area for team members? I'm sort of drawing a blank as to how that could be arranged, so maybe that path could be rerouted.

While I'd love for that to happen, wouldn't doing so block the path to the backstage area for team members? I'm sort of drawing a blank as to how that could be arranged, so maybe that path could be rerouted.
They actually can do it, and make employees enter the park by Waterworld, however there's the fact that this will result in several employees being late since that area becomes a bottleneck upon unload. So there is no easy answer that I can think of at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/woXlqFeWa6Y?feature=oembed
Really rough video but I'm sure the team can make something nicer and smoother over the next few days.

Basically: The Kwik-E-Mart is behind walls (retheming some of the facades most likely along with making the temporary asphalt from Doc Brown demolition more permanent), so the path had to be pushed closer to Springfield and it wraps next to Three Broomsticks/Hogs Head and drops off to the right of the original entrance.

Reactions: William and Aaron
I'm assuming by where construction walls have popped up the Android's facade and Moe's Facade will finally be removed from the Gift Shop?