The WWE Thread | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The draft really got in the way of them putting together a great card. Both title matches didn't need the title involved either. Owens/Jericho should be for the title. AJ Styles should have a better match than Shane McMahon. The Undertaker should be facing John Cena. Just a mess. I'm most intrigued by Rollins and HHH. Who even knows what that's gonna be since Seths status is still kind of unknown. I think there's gonna be a ton of shenanigans with Joe and Zayn and possibly Balor interfering

WrestleMania week is here!!! The grand daddy of them all will be this Sunday, in Orlando Florida!!!

"Go home" Raw tonight and Smackdown tomorrow!!! WM will be a ton of fun, the ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE is rumored to have a WORKING ROLLER COASTER attached to the stadium some how!!

Who's excited for WM week?!?!? Heres the card:

Goldberg(c)
vs. Brock Lesnar Universal Title Match- Raw

Bray Wyatt(c) vs. Randy Orton (winner of the rumble) WWE World Title Match - Smackdown

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns (RAW)

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon Smackdown

Gallows and Anderson(c) vs. Enzo and Cass vs. Sheamus and Cesaro Raw Tag Team Title 3-way Raw

Neville(c) vs. Austin Aries Cruiserweight Title Match 205

Dean Ambrose(c) vs. Baron Corbin Intercontinental Title Match Smackdown

Bayley(c) vs. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax Raw womens Fatal 4-way Raw

Alexa Bliss(c) vs. Carmella w/ James Ellsworth vs. Mickie James vs. Natayla vs. Becky Lynch vs. TBA? TBA match with every available women on the smackdown roster for the Smackdown Womens Title Smackdown

Chris Jericho(c) vs. Kevin Owens US Title Raw

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins Non-Sanctioned Fight Raw

John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. Miz and Mayrse Mixed Tag Team Match Smackdown

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal All Brands

Finn Balor has been working house shows with the RAW main event scene (Owens/Joe/HHH/Seth)....so heavy rumors of him being involved somehow, also Kurt angle/Nakamura etc are rumored surprises!!! Can't wait to see what goes down!

Well the go home Raw didn't really do anything groundbreaking to get you more excited for the lackluster Mania card. Except for that Rollins/HHH video package. Looking forward to that match without a doubt. Rollins will be restricted I'm sure but I'm sure it'll be a spectacle full of chaos. I'll wake up Sunday feeling pumped it's Mania but that's really the only match I can say I'm truly excited for. Owens/Jericho too. Hopefully they get a decent amount of time

Reactions: Porkchop
Terrible go-home shows on both shows. Smackdown was a little more sufferable, but it was less than impressive. The only two matches I walked away more excited for were HHH/Rollins and the cena/bella miz/maryse match.

Where the heck was Dean Ambrose and Baron Corbin?

Terrible go-home shows on both shows. Smackdown was a little more sufferable, but it was less than impressive. The only two matches I walked away more excited for were HHH/Rollins and the cena/bella miz/maryse match.

Where the heck was Dean Ambrose and Baron Corbin?

I definitely think Raw had the better build this week. Smackdown (other than Cena/Miz and Naomi's return) fell really flat.

I definitely think Raw had the better build this week. Smackdown (other than Cena/Miz and Naomi's return) fell really flat.

Maybe the final image of RAW spoiled it all for me. I was expecting a brawl and all that we got was the same schtick they've been pulling for the last few months. I don't know about y'all, but this match is becoming more and more reminiscent of their last WM match together.

I enjoyed the HHH/Rollins segment. The Reigns/Taker segment was fine. It's just unfortunate that Taker can't go like he used to. Otherwise I'd be more excited. to each their own, though!

I think the crowd is gonna flat out reject the Brock/Goldberg match. It's gonna be WM20 all over again. I think WWE knows this and will try and make it as short as possible. I don't want to see 2 German suplexes and an F5 and that's it. Would at least like to see some kind of match. But it's still up in the air whether Goldberg can even handle that.

I'm also on board with Brock dropping it the next night. Be it to Reigns, Balor, Nakamura, anyone. No interest in seeing the belt being held hostage until it's time to start building Summerslam

I think the crowd is gonna flat out reject the Brock/Goldberg match. It's gonna be WM20 all over again. I think WWE knows this and will try and make it as short as possible. I don't want to see 2 German suplexes and an F5 and that's it. Would at least like to see some kind of match. But it's still up in the air whether Goldberg can even handle that.

I'm also on board with Brock dropping it the next night. Be it to Reigns, Balor, Nakamura, anyone. No interest in seeing the belt being held hostage until it's time to start building Summerslam

I think the crowd will be fine as long as it's not a squash. But it also depends on Styles/Shane and Reigns/Taker. If Reigns wins clean, and as a "face" - the show is done for the rest of the night.

Reactions: Porkchop
I think the crowd will be fine as long as it's not a squash. But it also depends on Styles/Shane and Reigns/Taker. If Reigns wins clean, and as a "face" - the show is done for the rest of the night.

Reigns is going over. As a face. Whether we like it or not haha. Only way to avoid a full on revolt during the show is putting that match on last. I read a good quote that describes Wrestlemania as not being for the die hard fan anymore, but for the casuals they are trying to bring in and subscribe to the network. Raw after Wrestlemania is now for the die hards.

You will all like this. The WrestleMania stage is going to emulate the Universal Orlando spinning globe - with a silhouette of the doom towers and a generic roller coaster in the background.

Too much Stephanie McMahon. At least Shane is willing to step up. Stephanie is just annoying. Most of the storylines are Raw are lacking right now. Smackdown feels a little more cohesive.

I would expect Strowman to get involved somehow with Reigns. It is also time for Reigns to embrace his inner villain and earn the boos. If he goes face later, he'll get cheered wholeheartedly. This should be Taker's last year as he is barely able to get in the ring. Orton/Wyatt doesn't do it for me but it will probably be a good match. Kind of wondered if Erick Rowan would show up for Wyatt.

Man, I hope the Miz wins over Cena. I cannot stand Cena anymore. He is trying to act like a thug and be cool but he comes across as a sad older guy who can't grow up. Miz mocking Cena has been awesome. It's almost like Cena needs to become a straight villain.

Reactions: Brian G.
That set looks so awesome. It's gonna look really cool in the 2K game this year too, they finally started properly doing the outdoor arenas in 2K17.

I like how the stages all year have been bland, but the WM they're going all out! Makes WM feel as special as it should.