Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lead to believe it's a staffing issue due to full time people on quarantine.

I do want to add on to this that I have no idea what the specific reasoning is, but like @Nick said a few days ago, I do know for a fact that some individuals are definitely struggling to even reach the full-time minimum of 32 hours and this is going to cause a mess especially for leads/supervisors. Just an all around nightmare of a situation unfortunately.

Does anyone expect any of these attractions to go the Disney route and go from temporarily closed to permanent?

Does anyone expect any of these attractions to go the Disney route and go from temporarily closed to permanent?
Pure speculation off the top of my head:

A Day in the Park with Barney - Fairly possible
Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Highly doubt it
Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl - Doubt it
Fear Factor Live - Probable
Poseidon’s Fury - Probably not, maybe cut the water vortex again for an extended time
Storm Force Accelatron - Doubt it

Reactions: Speed and JoeCamel

Poseidon’s Fury - Probably not, maybe cut the water vortex again for an extended time

I would say Barney is likely to come back, especially if Brazil tourism comes back. He's still on TV down there I believe, similar to Woody Woodpecker.

The one silver lining out of this could be the closing of Fast and Furious.... One could hope they'd use this as an excuse to pull that band aid off...

I just can't see a world where F&F gets permanently closed. If it does, it's just going to sit empty.

I'm not a fan of Supercharged at all, but I'd much rather have Supercharged than an empty lot.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I say "fairly possible" simply because I think it largely rides on what happens with EU/Nintendo/KidZone. Lots of fresh factors atm.
That's fair. If Nintendo doesn't drop in there, which I still doubt, my prediction stands. Otherwise I'm with you

Reactions: Tbad556
I assume that the Marvel/Fox contracts would prevent Universal from allowing Kang & Kodos and Storm Force to stay idle in their locations forever.

I assume that the Marvel/Fox contracts would prevent Universal from allowing Kang & Kodos and Storm Force to stay idle in their locations forever.
Universal could announce a new E-ticket for MSHI, which would justify Storm Forces permanent closure.

All they have to do is announce, but the ride wouldn’t need to open for years. Could be a slow build.

All but two of these attractions have equity TMs (the other two are flat rides with low ridership). I'm not privy to guest surveys, but I have to think these are the lowest rated. As much as I hate it, this makes sense.

My prediction: September is going to be the lowest attendance per park that UOR or WDW has seen in decades.
I would have never thought 5 days would ever happen, but considering they’re suddenly regional parks, it’s entirely possible (six flags already moved to 5 a couple weeks ago).

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.