Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking back at the original concept art with the valleys:

toy%20story%20land%20image%20main.jpg

Would they have added much to the experience? I think the might the right call by abandoning the idea and saved a small fortune.

It was literally the reason this conversation came to. Someone posted their friends Mom or something said slinky was the best ride ever.
It was a random tourist that my mom talked to who said it, but close enough.

I just thought it was interesting and says a lot about how starved people are for new rides at WDW.

Looking back at the original concept art with the valleys:

toy%20story%20land%20image%20main.jpg

Would they have added much to the experience? I think the might the right call by abandoning the idea and saved a small fortune.
Definitely the right call in getting rid of the rock work. People bitch and moan about that, but with how long it takes Disney to produce rock work and how expensive it tends to be, it would’ve just made the land all that much more laughable.

Original budget was $400 Million for the land, got trimmed to $250M. Woody’s Round-up is the only thing I think would’ve significantly had an impact on experience.

Reactions: SkiBum and jtsalien
Replacing Rafikis would be more effective if we’re replacing something. Not many head out there so it would increase capacity by a lot and also spread out crowds to where they currently don’t go.
Omg...I actually forgot that existed. :lol:

Also the concept art looks way better and I wish the rockwork would’ve stayed, that looks like what modern Disney should be.

I’m glad they ditched the trenches but they should have kept the other thematic elements especially Al’s toy barn. Such a missed opportunity there.

[QU

I don't know that you ruin it and, since you provide great information, I would never say it. Disney just has an enormous fan base and many are quite dedicated. I mean, look at how many sites there are just for Walt Disney World. There are even sites dedicated to specific resort hotels. I just wish that some didn't shill for Disney when a ride is pitiful. Or when grown men stand in line for a picture with a Disney princess WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE A SPOUSE OR KIDS!!

OTE="Mad Dog, post: 677460, member: 5123"]FOP has such poor capacity (apx. 1200 'when' all four theaters are running) that I'm thinking lines will just about always be over an hour, even when GESWL opens. People seem to really like the ride & there's still not a lot of rides in AK,.

From Ski Baum; "Is FOP really that low? I thought that people were saying close to 2,000 pph? If that is the case, no wonder the lines are long. It runs like Peter Pan. While SWGE should draw, it may not have as much impact due to the fact that only so many people can go into the land and ride times will be too insane. "Should I wait 85 minutes for FoP (a solid ride) or 330 minutes for Battle Escape or Falcon? Hmm..." I just want to get a FP+ in November for FoP (early part of the month) this year. I really want to ride it without waiting for two hours.

I'm not holding my breath on Slinky. May not even bother with DHS if the lines look too insane. I would rather spend more time at the other three parks.[/QUOTE]'..........................................................................
yeah, that's what the insiders on Magic are generally saying the capacity is. Slow loading issues at times also, I believe. ...Slinky Dog is low too. Reports have been between 1200 to 1400 an hour. Disneys' been putting a lot of low capacity new rides out there. Mermaid was about the only one that bucked the trend.

If there’s one thing to definitely blame WDI for, it’s capacity. They build these rides, knowing they will be popular, but build them low-capacity anyway.

MMRR and at least Battle Escape should change that trend. Falcon I think is going to have passable capacity, but not enough for the demand it will see (I’ve heard somewhere around 1500/hour).

I’m actually really surprised Slinky is putting up as high capacity numbers as it is though. I was expecting it to be a disaster and barely crack 1000.

Build the rides low capacity. Dedicate most of the capacity to fastpass plus. Sell out the hotels to people fighting to reserve fastpasses and punish the guests that don't book on site.

Reactions: Andysol
If there’s one thing to definitely blame WDI for, it’s capacity. They build these rides, knowing they will be popular, but build them low-capacity anyway.

MMRR and at least Battle Escape should change that trend. Falcon I think is going to have passable capacity, but not enough for the demand it will see (I’ve heard somewhere around 1500/hour).

I’m actually really surprised Slinky is putting up as high capacity numbers as it is though. I was expecting it to be a disaster and barely crack 1000.

The instant popularity is a timely problem. In 5 years time, it will have balanced out. This is really the second thing that’s been built behind Avatar during a massive new wave of rides coming to the resort. If they have a phase 3 for DHS, it will be a much smaller issue.
Build the rides low capacity. Dedicate most of the capacity to fastpass plus. Sell out the hotels to people fighting to reserve fastpasses and punish the guests that don't book on site.

I wonder how the average guest not staying on site feels about it. Pretty much everybody coming from the U.K. is buying a 2 week pass and if they have to spend 2 days at a park to do everything, they’re still getting the full show.

As @scott_walker said it will balance out, but if you want to go on Slinky and have a FP+ for it, yeah, you need that 60-day window or you almost certainly won’t get one (this summer at least). I’ve put in just for one person as far out as I can many times. I can always grab one for Saucers, but Slinky has never shown up for me yet.

As @scott_walker said it will balance out, but if you want to go on Slinky and have a FP+ for it, yeah, you need that 60-day window or you almost certainly won’t get one (this summer at least). I’ve put in just for one person as far out as I can many times. I can always grab one for Saucers, but Slinky has never shown up for me yet.

I didn’t realise this until earlier tonight but if you’re staying on site, you get 60 days plus the length of your stay to book a FP. Disney are doing a huge push in the U.K. for next year with Disney Dining and with most people staying for two weeks, they’ll be able to book up to 74 days out.

Is there a FP finder website or app?

I didn’t realise this until earlier tonight but if you’re staying on site, you get 60 days plus the length of your stay to book a FP. Disney are doing a huge push in the U.K. for next year with Disney Dining and with most people staying for two weeks, they’ll be able to book up to 74 days out.

Is there a FP finder website or app?
i think its 60 plus 10 is the max

Reactions: Andysol
i have zero problem with this
i mean doesnt Universal essentially do the same thing

Considering their recent park attractions have had decent capacity/people eaters (and various special elements of the upcoming HP coaster are being duplicated to help with capacity), and they don't do reservations with the express pass (so there's no selling out hotels to punish those off site with said reservations.)...Universal is not doing the same thing that Disney is doing here. This is honestly a Disney-centric issue/tactic.

Kong was supposed to have high throughput and F&F (despite receiving harsh reviews) would have had high capacity as well. Gringotts and Forbidden Journey seem to push people through quickly and the new coaster should be in the neighborhood 1,500 - 1,600 pph at the least (based on what most coasters average). So, UNI has been adding rides that can process people through at a good rate.

NRJ is around 800, FOP is apparently 1,200, SDD is 1,200, and Saucers is around 800-1,000. Those aren't good numbers for parks that experience the crowds that come in. Although, that is my personal and unqualified opinion. I also have good opinions on public transit but they wouldn't be that great in reality.