Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, FastPass plus takes up apx. 80% capacity on WDW lines. so that only leaves apx. 20% for stand by. That's one reason stand by lines are so long for the main attractions. Universal Express is just a handful. Not much effect at all.

Yes, FastPass plus takes up apx. 80% capacity on WDW lines. so that only leaves apx. 20% for stand by. That's one reason stand by lines are so long for the main attractions. Universal Express is just a handful. Not much effect at all.

Isn't the whole point of fast pass plus to keep people out of lines? You train people to think that the only line you get into is a fast pass line, limit the number of fast passes they can get a day. The result is guests are out of the lines and spending money to placate their children who want to go on rides.

Isn't the whole point of fast pass plus to keep people out of lines? You train people to think that the only line you get into is a fast pass line, limit the number of fast passes they can get a day. The result is guests are out of the lines and spending money to placate their children who want to go on rides.
It used to be, but something tells me that disney crunched the data from My Magic Plus and realized how they can push more hotels packages and DVC sales at the expense of some of the general public in the parks and make more money overall.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Quick story: My family went to DAK last night and got evac'd off NRJ. During that time, she started talking to some lady who had done Slinky during the limited soft opening the night before. She had nothing but glowing things to say and my Mom says she has heard more of the same from others. Apparently the exact quote the woman used was "Best ride in Disney World".

Point is, Slinky is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews and the only thing that will hold it back will be the wait times. I agree with you though about Saucers. I think once the dust settles next year and everything opens, Saucers will be under an hour on average. Still too much, but hey, better than 3 hours!

That lady sounds like someone who’d propose after the first date.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
That lady sounds like someone who’d propose after the first date.
Obviously that story is a more extreme case of the shininess getting in the way, but the positive response in general for Slinky is definitely real. It's not a bad ride - it's a fun little junior launch coaster - but it's nowhere near worth waiting multiple hours for.

Once GotG and Tron are open, I expect this to be the way i'd rank WDW coasters from most to least intense...

RNRC ≥ TRON > Everest > GotG > BTMRR > Space > Slinky > SDMT> Primeval Whirl > Barnstormer

Reactions: Alicia
Apparently the exact quote the woman used was "Best ride in Disney World".

And this is why Disney is so crowded. It is full of DizNoid sheep. Anything Disney does is the greatest ever.

I hate people like this. It was only the "GOAT Disney ride" because it was in soft-openings and only a limited number of people could do it. I very rarely hear people get early access to something (be it a movie, restaurant, or attraction) and tell everyone how mediocre it is. People tend to embellish their review so that they feel like they were part of something exclusive/limited that was amazing, and will never tell you when it sucked donkey balls. Not speaking to the quality of Toy Story Land, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that there are much better attractions at WDW than the Slinky coaster.

Fast and Furious: Supercharged is the exception.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

I wonder how surreal this was for him.

I don’t know why, but I do always get a bit of a kick out of seeing the movie talent touring the theme park representations of the films they were involved in, whether it’s George Lucas at the opening of Star Tours, Steven Spielberg on opening day of USF, Michael J. Fox launching BTTF, the Harry Potter cast members romping through Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, James Cameron and the AVATAR cast walking around Pandora, and now this.

It’s all PR hype, but it’s nice to see these people (at least appear to) be into the whole theme park experience.