Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
:peace: TRIKE IS OPEN! :peace:​

And does this make the second Universal attraction to re-open after a long period of time (7 years) with JAWS being the first?​

Last edited:
Wow interesting stuff, and I was actually at the museum of natural history up in New York yesterday, if knew this I would have looked at it more closely :lol:

Arrrh... you make me soooo jealous. Give me NYC for touring any day of the week over a theme park. I used to live in Manhattan. Why are you there Vyrus? Feel free to PM me as it is off from this topic and I assume most could care less.

And splatter, you are correct, it doesn't matter one wit that there has been a possible scientific change... I was just going for an interesting fact that makes the world so much more curious. I love the Jurassic stories and they should stay as they are. I believe the word "fantasy" is mentioned more than once in the films. Those raptors sure kept on changing film to film after all as feathers started becoming part of it all.

I don't recall the bringing in of the tiny Trike... I only recall letting one of the younger kids being allowed to enter and pet the big trike and get sneezed on. I wonder if the full queue is coming down the road? Regardless, it is nice to see it opened. (did everyone note how people were dressed in that video? Brrrrrrrr.

Arrrh... you make me soooo jealous. Give me NYC for touring any day of the week over a theme park. I used to live in Manhattan. Why are you there Vyrus? Feel free to PM me as it is off from this topic and I assume most could care less.

And splatter, you are correct, it doesn't matter one wit that there has been a possible scientific change... I was just going for an interesting fact that makes the world so much more curious. I love the Jurassic stories and they should stay as they are. I believe the word "fantasy" is mentioned more than once in the films. Those raptors sure kept on changing film to film after all as feathers started becoming part of it all.

Literally went up for the weekend to get away and see the sites. Its a yearly thing me and the misses do in December to see the tree, the decorations and a show.

I feel great that Universal opened up this attraction again...I am just going threw the pics saying "Welcome back buddy. Great to see you again!" :lol:

I saw the attraction for the first time last Friday. I thought it was really amazing looking and realistic. I loved all of the movements, especially the leg lift and muscle contractions, although there were no bodily fluids as I believe there used to be. They brought in the infant halfway through which also looked really neat and realistic but they only let the little kids touch the baby, and no one touched the adult.

Afterward they were handing out surveys to anyone who wanted to do one, which I did. It asked basic questions about how you liked the animals, name, vet, and the attraction overall. Obviously they're planning changes to make this more enjoyable for the inevitable Holiday crowds.

I made the last show on friday, and after years of waiting, it was amazing. The trike is so realistic and I loved how they inlcuded a part that was in the book into the show (Toppers diet), which went along with the movie as well. However what we all saw last week was only 1/4 of the attraction, since you have the other 2 trikes and the queue, which from the pictures Ive seen looks incredibly detailed and story driven. I can't wait for the attraction to officially open because it really is a one of a kind experience.

I saw the attraction for the first time last Friday. I thought it was really amazing looking and realistic. I loved all of the movements, especially the leg lift and muscle contractions, although there were no bodily fluids as I believe there used to be.

Cool that those who hadn't seen this in the past enjoy seeing it for the first time. Keep an eye on its ribs too as it breathes in and out constantly. I think it would be totally cool if they prompted people with questions to ask beforehand. I swear Disney does this with Turtle talk. It could be fun and surprisingly educational. I wonder if they have an answer for the Torosaurus yet-ratified reclassification.

Last edited:
Cool that those who hadn't seen this in the past enjoy seeing it for the first time. Keep an eye on its ribs too as it breathes in and out constantly. I think it would be totally cool if they prompted people with questions to ask beforehand. I swear Disney does this with Turtle talk. It could be fun and surprisingly educational. I wonder if they have an answer for the Torosaurus yet-ratified reclassification.

Actually Teebin, they don't. I went to Turtle Talk with Crush and honestly, my cousin and my sis weren't prompted. I think it's one of those technological things where they have an actor with his voice in some other room with a headset and microphone along with another guy controlling video. But no, it's actually not prompted surprisingly!

Yes, I saw that too.

Imo, the Torosaurus thing is crap.

They had a good answer for every question asked, especially "is it real?" :lol: Soon I might feel like doing something along the lines of a ridiculous E.T. name; "what's her stomach's volume?" :lol:

^ You might try "Does the Tricerotops eat Cycas revoluta or Zamia furfuracea?" They are both thought to be from the Jurassic Period yet they contain severe neurotoxins. They are also planted EVERYWHERE in IOA's Jurassic Park. Gotta love it.