Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal’s Superstar Parade

If you zoom in on that first picture, it looks like they're starting to transfer parade floats to the new building, orlando yellow float to the left of the building (unless they're already transferred from the old building and just coming back from a parade? I was in the air around 1pm so I don't think there was a parade then)
Are you talking about the floats that are under the large tent-like metal structure?

I'm not sure what the orange thing is. You could be right with Mardi Gras.

Anyone thinking that this new building will mean that the old one is going to get demolished though will be disappointed as the new building is slimmer and shorter in length. With the new Christmas floats + Macys and Mardi Gras floats, which could use a proper home, you've just filled up an entire parade barn with special events floats and we haven't even talked about Superstar yet.

The current parade barn is a huge warehouse and Superstar takes up half of it's size as it is (You don't walk through the whole thing at HHN bc Superstar is in there)

Anyone thinking that this new building will mean that the old one is going to get demolished though will be disappointed as the new building is slimmer and shorter in length. With the new Christmas floats + Macys and Mardi Gras floats, which could use a proper home, you've just filled up an entire parade barn with special events floats and we haven't even talked about Superstar yet.

The current parade barn is a huge warehouse and Superstar takes up half of it's size as it is (You don't walk through the whole thing at HHN bc Superstar is in there)

They're clearly building something else next to the new one though. I would not be surprised to see the existing building bite the dust.

They're clearly building something else next to the new one though. I would not be surprised to see the existing building bite the dust.
I noticed that, and if it is another parade building, than yes, the current one is likely done for. Shouldn't we have seen permits for whatever they're building there though?

img_6230-jpg.4181

noticed four figures covered in white material located right next to the tents. Anyone have any idea what does are? The largest one has a flat head, could it be a figure for the new parades?

img_6230-jpg.4181

noticed four figures covered in white material located right next to the tents. Anyone have any idea what does are? The largest one has a flat head, could it be a figure for the new parades?

Or could they be parts off the Mardi Gras floats? Convoluted Frippery posted the same question when he posted that picture

They were not there when this picture was made in @gentP posted Mar 21

Last edited:
In that shot it looks like the parade buildings (old and new) are he same size, @Nick C. were you referring to known sq ft or just trying to visually size up the buldings
When I looked at the picture a second time more thoroughly, I realized they're about the same. The perspective of the photo was playing tricks on me.

Still doesn't take away from my point. They would've needed to build a larger parade building if they only intend to use one.... that is unless they are willing to store their shiny new Holiday Parade floats outside of a parade barn, which I doubt will be the case.

The holiday floats will be expensive and be taken care of with pride much like Superstar. They're only willing to leave the Marci Gras floats outside because they are much cheaper. Still not cheap, but by comparison yes.

Thanks for the photos! It is cool to see in the light. When we went to HHN, I noticed all the new office, one area where the Hulk track was the year before there behind MiB, and then that other area from when we left the parade building...I just figured that could be why the Nintendo dude was spotted by MiB, I figured he was looking over things they could be working on in those new cities back there....

The new parade building has more square footage than the old one and higher ceilings. It is not smaller.

Edit: I just saw your post above.

OI is reporting that the Superstar Parade character breakfast is ending on Nov 11 to be replaced by a new experience in 2018. Will the parade end too?