Universal Enforcing Hulk Rules | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Enforcing Hulk Rules

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rules are rules and rightly so.

Dragons was a shame.

Something came off a guest on a Uni ride in the fall that could have been much worse. Hence the needed enforcement.

Edit - I see it was posted.

Agreed, I wouldn't be needing any of the above mentioned tools in the parks!

Rules are rules and rightly so.

Dragons was a shame.

Something came off a guest on a Uni ride in the fall that could have been much worse. Hence the needed enforcement.

Edit - I see it was posted.
Yes, I'd rather not loose my eyesight or something else because something hits me...Dueling or no dueling..

Slightly off topic, but about the Hulk nonetheless. Looking at the Stand Up- Floorless conversion on Mantis-Rougarou at Cedar Point, does anyone think it is possible/logical to convert Hulk into a floorless coaster? Would you like to see that happen?

^ I don't think so. It gets great ridership as is. Considering the required downtime for the conversion, and the marginal improvement on ridership, I don't see it happening. I think Kumba would be a better candidate.

Plus, the park already has two floorless coasters.

Slightly off topic, but about the Hulk nonetheless. Looking at the Stand Up- Floorless conversion on Mantis-Rougarou at Cedar Point, does anyone think it is possible/logical to convert Hulk into a floorless coaster? Would you like to see that happen?

Yeah, I just don't see the demand existing. I suppose one could argue Spider-Man had great ridership before the 4K remastering/reanimating... if Hulk got to the state where its condition demanded a thorough refurbishment requiring a lengthy downtime, I could see them maybe attempting something like this - that way they could market it as more than just a simple refurbishment. That seems to be the way the Comcast Universal parks seem to like to brand their major refurbishments.

Plus, there is something to Hulk being a regular steel sit down because B&M has not done many of those (I mean with inversions, so not counting gigas).

Plus, there is something to Hulk being a regular steel sit down because B&M has not done many of those (I mean with inversions, so not counting gigas).

Yes, we are lucky to have two of the few they've done in Central Florida (Hulk and Kumba)..they are somewhat unique...Although I'd love to see Universal do a floorless

Why would Universal convert Hulk into or build a new B&M Floorless coaster......when there's one 3 miles away at SeaWorld Orlando that's been running for 14 (going on 15) years called "Kraken?" It makes no sense.

Why would Universal convert Hulk into or build a new B&M Floorless coaster......when there's one 3 miles away at SeaWorld Orlando that's been running for 14 (going on 15) years called "Kraken?" It makes no sense.

Market it as the worlds only floorless inverting launch coaster or something. There's plenty of rides here in Central Florida that are practically the same thing, but still popular. (Dr. Doom, Falcon's Fury, ToT; Omnimovers; Spiderman-Transformers)It makes sense, as long as a profit is being made.

Market it as the worlds only floorless inverting launch coaster or something. There's plenty of rides here in Central Florida that are practically the same thing, but still popular. (Dr. Doom, Falcon's Fury, ToT; Omnimovers; Spiderman-Transformers)It makes sense, as long as a profit is being made.
Comparing Dr. Doom to Falcon's Fury alone is bad enough. To then add in ToT make the comparison embarrassing.

@bioreconstruct posted this picture. I guess Hulk is down for a few. Neat that they can drive a pickup down there huh?

B3tXaUQIAAA79Ht.jpg

Perhaps they are looking for switchblades and daggers.

Last edited:
Or painting that thing. The rust is driving me crazy :bang:

I guess you are new here. They paint the hulk every 5-6 years. It was last painted three years ago, (i think). So, chill.

Another fact: They never shut down a coaster for painting. Absolute fact. Don't argue.

Teebs is absolutely correct on this. They wouldn't close Hulk just for something aesthetic as paint. Any ideas as to what the maintenance could be for? To me it looks like they are inspecting/fixing the water spritzers or something with the foundation possibly?

What's bothered me about hulk is that there is a hitch in the track before going into the loop. U feel a jolt like the track is slightly uneven between two connecting pieces. I've noticed it for a while now. Maybe they are actually fixing that assuming that's what has been causing that.

Dr Doom and Falcon's Fury are two completely different rides, the latter is a drop tower, the former a space shot.

Anyone who has played RCT knows that the difference is just a setting in the gears tab menu :pound:

I guess you are new here. They paint the hulk every 5-6 years. It was last painted three years ago, (i think). So, chill.

Another fact: They never shut down a coaster for painting. Absolute fact. Don't argue.

Teebs is absolutely correct on this. They wouldn't close Hulk just for something aesthetic as paint. Any ideas as to what the maintenance could be for? To me it looks like they are inspecting/fixing the water spritzers or something with the foundation possibly?

In all my years of going to uni and reading this site I never knew this. Goes to prove that you learn something new every day.

Last edited: