Universal Enforcing Hulk Rules | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Enforcing Hulk Rules

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's bothered me about hulk is that there is a hitch in the track before going into the loop. U feel a jolt like the track is slightly uneven between two connecting pieces. I've noticed it for a while now. Maybe they are actually fixing that assuming that's what has been causing that.

They actually replaced a section of the track pipe in that area sometime in the past 5 years. Regarding the shutdown right now, I have never seen them wall hulk off like that. It must be an intense bit of plumbing that they are embarking on. Hopefully we will get additional pictures of the work progressing and a better idea of what exactly they are working on.

Never noticed anything before the looping. Only thing that bothers me on the hulk is the brake station, it brakes too much, especially when you sit in the front it is bothersome.

Well even RCT separates the drop tower designs haha..

BTW, how in the world did they get that truck down there?? Anyone have any insight?

Oh, IDK about newer games but in RCT2 it was one ride where you could select launch or drop. As if the required mechanicals would be the same :lol:

I was wondering about the truck as well, more so why would they go thru the effort of getting the truck down there? There is the lift which I believe they repaired maybe about a year ago. It still seems like more of a hassle to me than if they put tools and supplies on some sort of hand cart.

Oh, IDK about newer games but in RCT2 it was one ride where you could select launch or drop. As if the required mechanicals would be the same :lol:

I was wondering about the truck as well, more so why would they go thru the effort of getting the truck down there? There is the lift which I believe they repaired maybe about a year ago. It still seems like more of a hassle to me than if they put tools and supplies on some sort of hand cart.
Oh I thought you were talking type of drop tower haha..my bad...

That's what I was thinking..perhaps a lift of some sort..I would love to see the process

I guess you are new here. They paint the hulk every 5-6 years. It was last painted three years ago, (i think). So, chill.

Another fact: They never shut down a coaster for painting. Absolute fact. Don't argue.

I'm sorry I don't have the Hulk's painting schedule on my calendar, nor do I really care. It's rusted now, that was my concern.

I also know that they wouldn't shut down the ride for painting. You made a stupid joke about switchblades, I made one about painting, so sue me.

I'm sorry I don't have the Hulk's painting schedule on my calendar, nor do I really care. It's rusted now, that was my concern.

I also know that they wouldn't shut down the ride for painting. You made a stupid joke about switchblades, I made one about painting, so sue me.

nice hand bag you got there buddy.

I apologize. My reaction was more toward an old thread on here 4 years ago that was about nothing but painting the rusty hulk. That thread droned on for two years and was tiresome. The hulk will be painted in 2016/17 unless they change policy.

nice hand bag you got there buddy.

I have no idea what that means, but it seems offensive.

Edit: Thank god for Urban Dictionary. :p You British people and your funny phrases.

I apologize. My reaction was more toward an old thread on here 4 years ago that was about nothing but painting the rusty hulk. That thread droned on for two years and was tiresome. The hulk will be painted in 2016/17 unless they change policy.

Yeah, I remember that thread, but hey, the Hulk looked BBBBAAADDD back then. Glad to know they have a schedule for painting it, though. I do think they should paint it more often because the Hulk deserves to always look it's best, being the first ride you see when you enter the park. Maybe Comcast will shorten the time between paintings.

And no hard feelings :cheers:

Last edited:
So the Hulk won't close for painting (technically it does when the park closes!) However, it was closed all day yesterday, correct? And, will the outdoor queue ever be used? I could see why it was there for the first couple of years, but now, it's just a bunch of steel bars.

I have no idea what that means, but it seems offensive.

Edit: Thank god for Urban Dictionary. :p You British people and your funny phrases.

QUOTE]

Just my atempt at sarcasm, wit, humour, as you say very British and I am glad you took it in the way it was intended, no offence meant at all. :lol:

Man i really thought you all were playing about this. they were VERY serious on the Hulk. They had at least 6 people up at the main entrance guarding and looking. Then they had another person standing there where the single riders spit off watching. I was nervous as i walked by.

Free lockers for Hulk are 45 mins. I wanna say that time went up and it used to be 30 but I could be wrong...Gonna be interesting when it gets really busy and there not being enough lockers for everyone.

Honestly, I've always ridden coasters with my glasses on. Only problem I've ever encountered is myself - I get so nervous about my glasses falling off that instead of enjoying the ride, I'm holding my glasses on my face the entire time. But I last went in September/October and I know they were still letting me wear my regular glasses then, so I assume sunglasses would be alright.

Honestly, I've always ridden coasters with my glasses on. Only problem I've ever encountered is myself - I get so nervous about my glasses falling off that instead of enjoying the ride, I'm holding my glasses on my face the entire time. But I last went in September/October and I know they were still letting me wear my regular glasses then, so I assume sunglasses would be alright.

I'm always paranoid about losing my glasses so I take them off and put them in the locker. Just have to go with poor vision for a bit walking through the line. Also super paranoid about losing stuff on Forbidden Journey, especially the one time I felt my glasses case coming out of my pocket. Really don't want to lose that or my cell phone though :lol:

I was on Hulk a few years back and toward the back of the car. Someone up front had their their glasses fly off. I had my hands up and basically accidentally caught them. Needless to say he was surprised when I returned them at the end of the ride. :)